The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't know where its going but it sure is going and getting expensive when you can find it.
    Railgirl.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunterKid90 View Post
    AffirmedHope DIDN'T say she thought they were planning mass execution. She said contrary to what conspiracists think....read for comprehension.
    I didn't address AffirmedHope specifically until she addressed me. You try reading for comprehension.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SaturdayNightLive View Post
    I didn't address AffirmedHope specifically until she addressed me. You try reading for comprehension.
    Thank you for hijacking this otherwise civil thread.
    Anyways :eyeroll:

3 members found this post helpful.

The shortage is due to panic buying from people, not the Government stockpiling. The Gov is not buying more of consumer grade ammunition. It is not stockpiling amno. The amount they are buying right now is not any different than at any other time. There has been TALK of them (probably a standing PO was issued) buying 1.6 billion rounds in the next FOUR to FIVE years, but this is no different than their standing PO orders now... Think about it folks.

Think about people in 1,429,995 active duty now, then divide that number by 1.6 (1,600,000,000) billion. that is about 1000 round per person in the military, to be used over a period of YEARS. That number doesn't seem so big to me. Now think about how you guys go through amno practicing... think they don't?
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s

8 members found this post helpful.

Thank you for hijacking this otherwise civil thread.
    Anyways :eyeroll:
    It was only "civil" because nobody had disagreed with you yet.

When you post your conspiracy theories on a public BB, don't be surprised when someone responds. This isn't your MySpace page.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

5 members found this post helpful.

We removed some name-calling -- please avoid it going forward.

Mod 1

1 members found this post helpful.

When you post your conspiracy theories on a public BB, don't be surprised when someone responds. This isn't your MySpace page.
    You didn't disagree with anything, you insulted the people who didn't share the same opinion as you and nothing else.

Disagreeing and keeping it civil is posting a response like Cielo Azure did and actually contributes something to the thread.

3 members found this post helpful.

This was a thread about finding ammo in a shortage.
    If you are not interested in finding any than please relocate yourself to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    You didn't disagree with anything, you insulted the people who didn't share the same opinion as you and nothing else.

Disagreeing and keeping it civil is posting a response like Cielo Azure did and actually contributes something to the thread.
    No, I asked about their tin foil hats. If you choose to wear them in public, I assume you do so to receive comments.

I'm all for civil discourse, but I don't subscribe to the idea that everyone gets a ribbon for participating. If your "contribution" is, by most definitions, off the deep end, I'm probably going to tell you so.

You have a right to be crazy out loud, I have a right to comment on it.
    -George Morris

4 members found this post helpful.

This was a thread about finding ammo in a shortage.
    If you are not interested in finding any than please relocate yourself to another thread.
    No, your OP was about finding ammo in a shortage. The rest of the thread was decidedly not.

Again, this isn't your MySpace page - it's a discussion board.
    -George Morris

6 members found this post helpful.

Out here those large mag pistol primers are running about $60/1000.

CA, the ammunition we discussing is being purchased by the Department of Homeland Security and a few other agencies, including social security. Not being
    bought by Department of Defense for the military. Average yearly use by the military in Iraq was 70 million rounds annually. Do the math!

2 members found this post helpful.

There are wholesale places that have ammo and may have the .243 available (Cabelas, Cheaper Than Dirt, Nachez, etc.) You just have to try and see. However, .357 ammo is one of the ones which high demand has placed it in the scarce category. Again, a good place to check is from private sales (classifieds) or gun shows. Dates, times and places can usually be found on the net. I just purchased a few boxes of .243 at the local gunshow. Price wasn't too bad but still more than what normally would be. Hope this helps.

Some thoughts:

We ARE in the middle of a war. Our infantry carries a rifle that shoots single or three round bursts. The three round thing can chew up a bunch of ammo. Each squad carries a SAW and that eats it up. Miniguns eat it up. We're providing it to our allies. We are not on a "wartime" footing as far as production is concerned.

The Feds have been buying exceptionally large amounts of small arms ammo. Of course we have exceptionally large numbers of armed Federal officers (FBI, SS, DEA, Border Patrol, and God only knows how many other agencies). I suspect you're looking at well north of 100,000 armed Federal law enforcement types. Many are armed with automatic weapons. They require regular practice. That's going to mean a lot of consumption.

The "full court press" by the Administration for "gun control" has created real, genuine fear in many law abiding citizens and they are reacting by "panic buying." It's no different than what happens to batteries, generators, and bottled water supplies on the Gulf Coast when a hurricane threatens.

I don't wear a "tin hat" but that doesn't mean I trust the Government overly. I've worked for it too long and in too many capacities.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cielo Azure View Post
    The shortage is due to panic buying from people, not the Government stockpiling.
    Hubby took concealed weapons class this weekend and the instructor essentially said the shortage was due to everyone going into panic mode and buying every possible round they could. This also means that prices have gone up... in turn when everyone unties their panties and calms down they will find that ammo is going to be more expensive. Why? Because companies realize that people will pay more for it...so what incentive do they have to lower the prices back down. Good job!

7 members found this post helpful.

Have heard from retailers that the ammo is not being shipped in volumes as before. Yes you can purchase some ammo, only if you are there when the truck comes in or are standing inline before the gun show opens.
    we attended one last month and after some 3 hours certain calibers were essentially gone. Something I have never seen in my relatively short years of attending gun shows.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Cielo Azure View Post
    The shortage is due to panic buying from people, not the Government stockpiling. The Gov is not buying more of consumer grade ammunition. It is not stockpiling amno. The amount they are buying right now is not any different than at any other time.
    thank you! There is probably a marketing concept here too at the stores. Heck, if I could get people to line up out in front of my store before I open, I'd limit how much stock I would carry too!

5 members found this post helpful.

I'm glad I live in Montana. The ammo has gone up but still available in most calibers. I heard there were runs on ammo at gun shows and retail outlets. Haven't seen that here but I did see a lot of large ammo purchases. Well, I do hope the ammo makers can produce faster. I know they are swamped as I know a person or two who works at them.

Well, maybe they're following Chris Rock's suggestion of Bullet Control as opposed to Gun Control. Years ago (I think just after Columbine) during one of his stand-up routines, he said that each bullet should cost $5,000. That way, there would be no innocent bystanders shot, and if somebody was shot you would be like, "Wow, he must have done something--he has $25,000 worth of bullets in his a$$."

6 members found this post helpful.