The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by EcstaticLady View Post
    I have the iPhone 4S and love it! I'm not a techie and have never had any other smart phone but wanted to add, since you said it was important, the iPhone 4S takes !!!awesome!!! pictures and also take video.

My only complaint is I still haven't figured out how to get pics/videos from my camera to my computer...
    I haven't been able to figure that out either, because for whatever reason, when I connect it to iTunes, it doesn't pick up the phone, though it recognizes my iPod just fine.

However, most of the pictures I take are for either Twitter or Facebook anyway, so I just upload them there or email them to myself and save them to the hard drive from there.

The camera is excellent-it's got almost as may MP as my DSLR! and it's got SO much storage space than my Android had!

I had an Android phone for 3+ years, and almost a year ago went with the iPhone 4S. I've not regretted it at all, and am a convert (at least to this point). My complaint all along was having to have 2 devices for phone and music - solved with the iPhone.

As for some care plan, it was never even mentioned by the Verizon rep. I had also heard rumor that you had to pay $30/month for some other Apple "thing," but that wasn't true either. I did opt to purchase the insurance, which is $9.99 per month, because if something happens to this phone I'd rather pay the $150 deductible than the $650 to replace it.
    “Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of Solitaire. It is a grand passion.” ~Emerson

I have the Galaxy S3 and love it! Really like the bigger crisper screen and the apps are just as good as the Iphones. Really great camera, lots of storage space for videos and music etc.. I really like the notification light that flashes when you have a msg or email. Another big plus, it was cheaper to get then the Iphone 5. Very happy with my Android

Wow thanks! Lots more to think about than what I contemplated!

So I have a PC laptop, and I like my life uncomplicated, should I stay away from iphone? I wasn't even aware that operating systems were a concern LOL.

Samsungs are no good? HTC are good? I just looked at the options on the Verizon page- there are A LOT!!! OMG.

Which one breaks less when you drop it? I drop my phone often.

Is the mute button on the Droid a real button or is it touchscreen?

I don't listen to music on my phone, and the only apps I use are google maps and the weather channel. I do want the course walk app and the distance app for conditioning work. Other than that, I'm pretty luddite.

Does email work well on all of them? I have to email a lot for work. Is there a disable auto correct app?

Ugh didn't realize how much I don't know until I asked....

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I have never been able to break an HTC, and I drop often. Motorola droid cracked into a billion pieces the first 1ft drop...uggh. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs....see other thread about hating Windows 8. I have the touchscreen, which I do not like, but there aren't many options left for real keyboards anymore. I am not an Apple fan, so I have no first hand knowledge of iPhones...but all of my friends that have them and seem to have nothing but problems with them, and they do crack easily unless you get one of those mondo cases for them.
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

I just upgraded from a Crapberry to an Android and am SO glad that I did! I got the Android Razr HD and I really like it. Very easy to use which is important as I am a bit of a technotard.

Awesome! Easyish to use, hard to break. HTC is one of the Verizon choices, I will definitely check it out next month when its new phone time. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I have the Galaxy S3 and love it! Really like the bigger crisper screen and the apps are just as good as the Iphones. Really great camera, lots of storage space for videos and music etc.. I really like the notification light that flashes when you have a msg or email. Another big plus, it was cheaper to get then the Iphone 5. Very happy with my Android
    I very recently upgraded to my very first smartphone. I picked the Samsung Galaxy S3. I love it. I have it protected in an Otterbox Defender. It didn't take too long to figure out...lots of youtube videos and helpful articles. I too love the notification light! I like how it flashes diff colors based on what the notification pertains to.
    Cindy

iPhone! Even my mom can use the iPhone.

I can't stand iPhones. I've had an HTC Evo for two years that I have really loved. I'm either getting the new Samsung Galaxy (coming out at the end of April) or the HTC One.

I have a Blackberry and I will never use anything else. I currently have the Curve 9300 and when I get my upgrade in June, I'll go to the Q10. I love the QWERTY keyboard, e-mail, and the OS is what I'm used to, so its very easy to use. I have an iPad and I do fine with the touch screen because its a large screen, and I know using something smaller would drive me insane.
    Proud mother to Matt, a 18 year-old TB gelding.

FOREVER

I went from a Blackberry to an iPhone to a Droid (Motorola Razr M). I think you'll like the Droid more coming from a Blackberry.

1) Customization/Menu options: in keeping with Apple's KISS philosophy, the iPhone has less email options and user settings than other smartphones.

2) Battery life: Used to have to plug my iPhone in within 24 hours, now I can get almost 2 days of battery life with heavy use on my Droid.

3) Flash: Apple has refused to permit Adobe Flash to run on any iPhones for "ideological" reasons. Lots of websites use Adobe Flash, so it can be annoying not to be able to view them.

Quote Originally Posted by spotteddrafter View Post
    I had an Android phone for 3+ years, and almost a year ago went with the iPhone 4S...My complaint all along was having to have 2 devices for phone and music - solved with the iPhone.
    I'm confused by this. You can download and play music with Droids just fine. I transferred my music from iPhone easily. Which brings me to:
    4) No iTunes: Hate, hate, hate iTunes. iTunes has been a pain with both PCs that I've had. 3 times in the first year, while updating my iPhone OS through iTunes on my laptop, it froze my phone and I had to take it to the Apple Store to get it reset. One time, they couldn't fix it and I had to get my phone replaced. If I hadn't shelled out $$$ for AppleCare, I wouldn't have been able to do that. For the last year or longer, I keep getting some error message with AppleSyncNotifier (or something like that) at startup, and I haven't been able to figure out a fix. I've never had any problems with updating the Droid software.

Two things I do miss about the iPhone but I don't think are dealbreakers:
    A) More variety in accessories like cases. Depending on which Droid you have, it can be difficult to find accessories, esp if you're jumping on a new model.

B) Easier to shut off apps in iPhone. Droid apps sometimes run cached processes that you have to shut off separately. This can eat extra data and battery life, but not a big deal if your phone model has better battery life than iPhone.
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/