The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Online Clothes Shopping...

Where are your favorite online sites for clothes shopping? Of course there's the store sites, but how about places without brick and mortar stores?

Amazon.com

I have entire outfits that I wear to work just from Amazon. If the item is sold through Amazon the returns are pretty hassle free if need be.

Can I recommend "Country Attire"? They have a great ebay store and they ship free pretty much worldwide. Great source for British "Country" clothing.

I like Haute Look. It's a "daily deals" site run by Nordstroms that closes out designer name stuff. I have particularly good luck scoring my odd-sized normally-very-expensive bras on there for $20, $25 a piece every few months. Most things are returnable too, even though they're closeouts.

http://www.hautelook.com/short/3ANB3

I am a bit obsessed with sun Protective Clothing lately, and absolutely love most of the clothes Coolibar sells. Haven't bought any, because they're expensive, but I like to 'window' shop!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Sierratradingpost.com
    -awesome!
    Horseshowmomma

coldwatercreek.com they aren't the cheap polyester clothes they were years ago. I like to look at customer reviews and comments about the clothes, and you can avoid a strange fit or find out how sheer some things are too from the reviews.

I went to the store first, and found out what size I wear, and then bought similar items in more colors online. Plus online usually has better sales, than in the store, and the size and color selection is usually better too.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

1 members found this post helpful.

modcloth for dresses. It's a collection of vintage and independent designers who make small batches.

Etsy for neat handmade/vintage stuff. You can search for jewelry, notecards, home decorations, just about anything. Kind of like a giant craft show.
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

1 members found this post helpful.

Right now I'm grooving on eshakti.com http://www.eshakti.com/ Their reviews are hit and miss so I'm just trying one dress right now. If it works I'll be theirs forever.

I also shop Shukr http://shukronline.com/ for their modest clothing. It's Muslim so the tops are too long for my taste, but a long skirt is actually long on a long leg, as opposed to tea length.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Title Nine http://www.titlenine.com/home.do. And, not just for athletic clothing...I get some dresses and skirts there too (my work does not requre formal business clothing, but does have a basic dress code). I have a hard time finding clothes that fit me well without alteration (tall, slender, narrowish hips, broad shoulders, boobs...), I find the clothes from Title Nine tend to fit me fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by horseymum View Post
    Can I recommend "Country Attire"? They have a great ebay store and they ship free pretty much worldwide. Great source for British "Country" clothing.
    What's their ebay seller name? I tried an advance search for sellers on ebay for country attire but it didn't find anyone.

Poshmark! If you aren't picky (since a lot of girls get their stuff at consignment stores) you can find some SUPER deals. I scored 6 pairs of maternity pants, brand new with tags, for under $50. And they are usually open to bartering a little bit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Hi js

country attire is the shop name but you might have to search on ebay.co.uk? Just bought DD her first barbour on a great sale

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    Right now I'm grooving on eshakti.com http://www.eshakti.com/ Their reviews are hit and miss so I'm just trying one dress right now. If it works I'll be theirs forever.

I also shop Shukr http://shukronline.com/ for their modest clothing. It's Muslim so the tops are too long for my taste, but a long skirt is actually long on a long leg, as opposed to tea length.

Paula
    Bolded mine.

Those pants look BEYOND comfy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Zappos.com! BEST customer service. Free overnight shipping and returns. Never once had a problem.
    Audaces fortuna iuvat.

Another fan of mod cloth.

I second Zappo's. Wonderful service, quick shipping, and never a problem.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

E-Bay! You should see my full-seat Schumacher and Eurostar collection!

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Another fan of mod cloth.
    I love ModCloth too, but want to comment that reading the measurements is a MUST!

I'm 5'2'', just out of college, and generally dress very youthful, but I have sent back many a dress to ModCloth because they were so gosh-darned SHORT! And I am not talking "Oh, it was too high above my knee!" but like "Oh, I just got a glimpse of my underwear!"

Now that I've smartened up and know what my "minimum length measurement" is, it's a much better shopping process.

LOVE the reviews!