The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What are you making or have made?

Show us your diy or craft projects! Love seeing everyone's creations!

Um I have been ridiculously crafty lately, and I have an entire album on FB from photos just from the start of the year. I wanted to take a picture of everything I've done so at the end of the year I can look back.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9200080&type=3

I also make soap, if you want to see pictures check on the link in my signature. I do a lot of crafty stuff in the winter when I can't ride, but now that spring is on the way I'm spending more time outside.
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

2 members found this post helpful.

Finally painting MYSELF a custom brush for the horse lol. I need to break out the oil and canvas... It's been way too long since I've done an oil painting.

1 members found this post helpful.

Love that quilt you made with the horses on it.
    I've been crocheting like crazy until this week.
    First I was the crazy hat lady-now I've turned into the crazy bag lady. This week we finally had SPRING so haven't crocheted a stitch!!

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyBay View Post
    Um I have been ridiculously crafty lately, and I have an entire album on FB from photos just from the start of the year. I wanted to take a picture of everything I've done so at the end of the year I can look back.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9200080&type=3

I also make soap, if you want to see pictures check on the link in my signature. I do a lot of crafty stuff in the winter when I can't ride, but now that spring is on the way I'm spending more time outside.

Need to finish a scarf...it is really wide and really bright, I hope it keeps my friend's daughter warm when they move up north....
    Started granny squars but got nowhere fast....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Don't like granny squares?? Or do they get too boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Need to finish a scarf...it is really wide and really bright, I hope it keeps my friend's daughter warm when they move up north....
    Started granny squars but got nowhere fast....

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    Don't like granny squares?? Or do they get too boring?
    I mixed them up well enough, having several colors to work with.

But eventually the same pattern gets to me.
    http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...psdaebc8b6.jpg
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

i've been on a "crafting with cool artifacts from my barn" kick lately. This farm is just filled with objects and surfaces with rich history.
    For my Dad's xmas gift I painted sailing flags on squares of barnwood, distressed the paint a bit so they looked old, and glued them to another piece of barnwood. (He's rebuilding a sailboat, hence the sailing-themed gift) In this pic, the blocks aren't all lined up and straight yet b/c I was just playing around with placement and trying to decide which board to use as my "base" (I went with the red one).
    And this is a horse-hair nest that birds make from our horses's tails, and I cut a shadow box type frame out of an ancient door that was out in the shop. I always loved the many colors peeking out from behind chipping paint.
    Try to break down crushing defeats into smaller, more manageable failures. It’s also helpful every now and then to stop, take stock of your situation, and really beat yourself up about it.The Onion

I think that's why I've gotten happier making smaller things - I get them done faster.
    I see what you mean - then there's the having-to-sit-and-sew-them-all-together-thing.
    I mixed them up well enough, having several colors to work with.

But eventually the same pattern gets to me.
    http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...psdaebc8b6.jpg

A Mess!!!! A really really good one!!!!

4 members found this post helpful.

I think that's why I've gotten happier making smaller things - I get them done faster.
    I see what you mean - then there's the having-to-sit-and-sew-them-all-together-thing.
    I'll be doing the lazy thing and crochet them together

But so far - even with a few more of the big squares - I don't have enough for a baby blanket.

It will be cute tho.

I'll be doing the lazy thing and crochet them together

But so far - even with a few more of the big squares - I don't have enough for a baby blanket.

I like making stuff with power tools! I had to rebuild my porch steps last summer. I made myself little concrete forms for a concrete base. I LOVE Quick-crete. I made myself "stone" walkways on some cement in the backyard and the front walk by putting on a layer of quickcrete and drawing stone shapes.

I am SO proud of making my own custom closets. I tried to pay my neighbor who does construction to do it, but he showed me how and made me do it. VERY cool. Put pine boards along the walls, custom shelves, and removable shelving for various uses. One wall is cedar shingles to keep out the moths. SO cool.

I need to make myself a custom mantel for the fireplace, but I don't think I'm up to that.

Crystal/beaded browbands that are multiple strands woven into a braid/rope, totally different from any other browbands I've seen. And right now I'm making a crystal/beaded collar for my dog--it has crystal spikes sticking out of the braid and is going to be freaking adorable!

I am not much of a crafter. In fact, I am probably the least crafty person you would ever meet. But, I always wanted to knit my mom an afghan because she IS a very creative person and has made me tons of neat things. I wanted to do something back for her. So I bought the yarn 3 years ago and then procrastinated. Fast forward to this Christmas and my new initiative to finish all the half done things around here - got the yarn out and got the darn thing done. Ta da!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afghan010312.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	37881

I found it really helped keep my mind off being unemployed, so I decided to knit a baby afghan for a friend's daughter. I just finished it last night - no pictures, but it is really different.

Next project - a scarf in my niece's sorority colors, and then an afghan for my sister who is getting married in June.

I think I'm hooked!!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oldernewbie View Post
    I am not much of a crafter. In fact, I am probably the least crafty person you would ever meet. But, I always wanted to knit my mom an afghan because she IS a very creative person and has made me tons of neat things. I wanted to do something back for her. So I bought the yarn 3 years ago and then procrastinated. Fast forward to this Christmas and my new initiative to finish all the half done things around here - got the yarn out and got the darn thing done. Ta da!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afghan010312.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	37881

I found it really helped keep my mind off being unemployed, so I decided to knit a baby afghan for a friend's daughter. I just finished it last night - no pictures, but it is really different.

Next project - a scarf in my niece's sorority colors, and then an afghan for my sister who is getting married in June.

I think I'm hooked!!!
    it turned out very nice!

Love that quilt you made with the horses on it.
    I've been crocheting like crazy until this week.
    First I was the crazy hat lady-now I've turned into the crazy bag lady. This week we finally had SPRING so haven't crocheted a stitch!!
    Thanks! I'm planning on making more but I have a hard time enough jeans. Even buying them at the thrift store gets expensive fast, so I tell people if they want a jean quilt they have to provide at least some of the denim.
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

3 members found this post helpful.

I've gotten into Project Life, and making cards. I am not Ali but I love her stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyBay View Post
    Thanks! I'm planning on making more but I have a hard time enough jeans. Even buying them at the thrift store gets expensive fast, so I tell people if they want a jean quilt they have to provide at least some of the denim.
    Oh shucks....If I ever find my piles of torn up jeans, you are welcome to them!