The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Props, I may totally take you up on that--and I also squeal at Gerbe's adorableness, while egging him on to fight. Nothing is more adorable than Gerbe trying to fight someone Chara-sized. He's like a spider monkey.

I do like that Backstrom commercial too. I mostly just like any time hockey players try to act. That Sabres Green Team commercial with Ryan Miller trying out his acting chops is hilarious. He's so wooden, and the crazy eyes...
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    He's so wooden, and the crazy eyes...
    My dogs are SO afraid of the crazy eyes. The doll fell off of the horse while I was at work, when I got home the corgis were backed into the corner looking at it like: "Please tell us that isn't our new chew toy because we're afraid..."

Have you seen the meme with Chara and Gerbe "NHL celebrates first annual take your kid to work day" Good times!

Seriously though, c'mon over! Trips to Phoenix are always a good time. I've been known to get lost in Kingman, Wickenburg and Surprise all in the same trip! ;-)

(Besides, can you imagine if Mike Smith walks and the "yotes sign Ryan Miller??? How awesome would that be? LOL!)
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

Are the Miller doll's eyes half a centimeter apart, with one very slightly higher than the other?

I didn't see that meme, but I need to look it up! That locker room picture with Scott and Gerbe would be a good one for that. (:

I do love Phoenix... especially when the alternative is Buffalo in winter!

ETA: http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/0...-nathan-gerbe/

1 members found this post helpful.

GO WINGS!!!

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by propspony View Post
    Haha! That's Nick Backstrom. He cracks me up. One of my co-workers used to work with the Caps when she lived in DC and said he was one of the nicest guys she'd ever worked with.

The commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jv02l3Jxgo (Bolt cutters???)
    Duh - Thanks...I kept coming up with Stenstrom...and I'm like.. "No, that's not it" .
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

Go Bruins!
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

So... Blackhawks/Wings on now. What do you guys think? Is it ending tonight? Is it going to 7? Will the Wings do it or are the Hawks gonna come back and win the series? :-)

Hawks are gonna come back, love the way the Wings have played but won't be enough.

If (and I mean IF) Ryan Miller were to be traded I would prefer the Islanders. The Islanders really gave the Pens a run for their money, better than the Bruins. A top goalie would be the edge that the young Islanders need. The Sens could really use Ryan, but it would kill me if he went there. Only thing worse would be the Devils...
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

Miller's going to be gone... his house is for sale and the way they were talking to him after the last game this season, I definitely think they're going to trade him while he's still worth something. I'd hate him to go to the Sens too...

Also: HAWKS!!!!!!!

I was on vacation last week and missed the Pens offensive explosion in Games 4 and 5 against the Sens. My dad was watching the games and giving me updates via text. Which reminds me, I need to find some replays.

Onto the conference finals, a Rangers fan friend texted me the other night after Boston eliminated the Rangers. He said that Chara is like having a tree standing permanently between you and the net. If the Pens defense actually shows up, then it'll be a good series. That's the only concern I have right now. That may change once they start playing though.

OMG, the screaming at the TV my dad and I were doing at the TV last night during the Hawks game - it was ridiculous!

On another note, is there anyone here who actually likes Pierre McGuire? About 20 times a game I'm yelling at the TV to "Shut up, Pierre!". Good lord I hate him. And I'm starting to despise Doc Emerick announcing too - Game 7 I'm going to start making a list of the different verbs he uses to describe what's going on that are ridiculous. "He knifes it into the zone". He sashays over the blue line". Those were moralistic penalties." Can't I just have Pat Foley back, please????
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNeon01 View Post
    He said that Chara is like having a tree standing permanently between you and the net.
    We HAVE to get some shots of Chara and Murray standing together with "normal" sized players around them. It'd be great. LOL!

Drawstraws I think pretty much EVERYONE agrees with you about Pierre McGuire. In fact here's one of many threads dedicated to it:
    http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=727559

I love this as well. LOL.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...jex1o1_400.gif

Or for the Bruins fans:
    http://tinypic.com/r/im788k/5

Poor Pierre. ;-p

Schedule's out for the Eastern Conference. Game 1 of Pens-Bruins is Saturday night. Western Conference gets sorted out tonight, and it should be a good game. I wonder what'll happen if Detroit blows a 3-1 series lead...

Go Bruins.....I'd love to see a Red Wings/Bruins Stanley Cup but I am not sure the Bruins can defeat the Penguins!

Fingers crossed for he Wings! From Detroit area and hockey is pretty serious around here lol

I'm going to the ranch tonight so that I do not have to listen to DH screaming at the Wings.

If I hear "QUINCY," "FRANZEN," or "KRONWALL" in an exasperated coach's voice one.more.time I am going to throttle someone. I just don't know which someone it's going to be.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

ACK -- Come on, Wings! They are seriously giving me heartburn. If we can get Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Brunner really producing and get guys like Abdelkader skating like they can, we can pull it out.

I don't think I'm going to be able to watch the game tonight, just check the score afterward.

Also? Kronwall. *swoon*
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor2 View Post
    Go Bruins.....I'd love to see a Red Wings/Bruins Stanley Cup but I am not sure the Bruins can defeat the Penguins!
    Oh ye of little faith! BELIEVE!!!!

Of course..Saturday is the one night in months I choose to go out and catch up with old friends! I already told them I have to duck out early to be home for the game...I think they think I'm odd.
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

Well the Wings are out but I have to say that after having so many "rookies" and injuries etc they made it farther than anyone really thought.