The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNeon01 View Post
    Classic commercial, and still funny to this day.

At least you're close to an NHL team. Since Atlanta moved, the closest one is now Dallas (9+ hours away). .
    "OVECHKIN!!!" LOLOL! Love it!

You know... I was totally whining about the 4 1/2 hours to Anaheim/LA or 5 to Phoenix. I guess I never thought about places with 9+ hours. ooof... (and.. uh.. yeah... I don't think I'd have the courage to go to Philly as a Pens fan without very LARGE and angry looking backup with me)

Luckily, we DO have an ECHL team here in Vegas that keeps me sane. Just bought my Mini-season plan on Friday! They even made it to the Kelly Cup playoffs this year!! Go Wranglers!!! :-D
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

Sabres fan here, also very disappointed (but laughed my a## at the fire sale video - wonder if I could buy me a goalie....) Liked this ad also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTRiz4r-1A

Sorry Propspony, another Crosby hater. But now I have to watch and root for the Pens as Murray played for my alma mater, Cornell. This is one tough Swede!
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

[QUOTE But now I have to watch and root for the Pens as Murray played for my alma mater, Cornell. This is one tough Swede![/QUOTE]

It's all good, (shhh... don't let this get out) but... Crosby isn't actually my favorite Penguin. Glad he's on our team and all, can't deny his talent, or his accomplishments, and I'll gloat just as much as the next fan when he gets some insane shot in, but I'm probably never gonna be sporting a Crosby jersey. In any case I have to save up to buy the baby horse her own Shane Doan jersey. ;-p

I think Murray is pretty interesting. Apparently, he's like skating into a brick wall. LOL! AND he's already gotten an assist. Just really glad he's not going to be beating up on the 'yotes quite so often now. (any idea about the whole "Beer Tap" and "Crankshaft" stuff? Do you have some inside scoop there ET?) LOL!

Love the Miller commercial. His comments after his whole "Kaleta is a crybaby" gaff a few weeks ago cracked me up. Basically he said: "At this point I think everyone in Buffalo knows I'm prone to say stupid stuff at times." Heh. Miller...

Excited I get to see the Pens on TV tonight (and tomorrow and Friday!) after not seeing them in a week. I'm hoping that Malkin steps up now that Sid is out. He seems to play better when Sid's not in the lineup (weird but I'll take it). Not sure I like putting Kennedy up on the first line with Kunitz and Dupuis, but we'll see how it goes. And knowing Bylsma, he'll mix up the lines at some point during tonight's game.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNeon01 View Post
    Excited I get to see the Pens on TV tonight (and tomorrow and Friday!) after not seeing them in a week. I'm hoping that Malkin steps up now that Sid is out. He seems to play better when Sid's not in the lineup (weird but I'll take it). Not sure I like putting Kennedy up on the first line with Kunitz and Dupuis, but we'll see how it goes. And knowing Bylsma, he'll mix up the lines at some point during tonight's game.
    Totally! Me too, AND Miller's getting the start against Vokoun tonight. I think I'm going to go to a Sabres bar to watch it, just to make thing more... um... exciting. (this is only because I *know* where the Sabres bar is, and there are no Pens bars here that I know of)

I *SO* want TK to step up and just be in beast mode tonight. For as much as the fans hate him for being meh, there has to be something there... I mean Bylsma seems to really like him. I want a whole game of: "OMG look at Kennedy GO!" lol! ;-p Well, if not there's always Cooke to move things along...

Since I keep finding hilarious Pens clips... here's one of my faves. TK and Letang doing the weather. Love how TK points out James Bay, and Letang forgets how to speak French: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SUwr31ur8

and for contrast, Mikkel Boedker doing the Phoenix weather last week, or rather *attempting* to, while Phoenix plays "hide and seek" with him: http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videoce...229773&lang=en
    Last edited by propspony; Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM.

Go Devils!!

1 members found this post helpful.

L.G.B! Let's Go BLUES!

Fingers crossed we'll make playoffs.

Propspony, how's that Sabres bar working out for ya tonight?
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

Way to go sabres! Great job stopping the pens at 15 straight!!
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

2 members found this post helpful.

Horrible game by the Pens. Sloppy and undisciplined. Fleury played well in relief of Vokoun, which was the only highlight of the game. Oh, and Iginla's first goal as a Penguin. I have to give credit to the Sabres for coming out ready to play and getting the Pens off their game.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    Propspony, how's that Sabres bar working out for ya tonight?
    One of our boarders works at a sports bar down the road, so I went there instead. Thank Goodness. OOOOF. But Iggy got his first goal as a Penguin. *sniff* Yay.

Now I'm cheering on the Coyotes!!! GOOOOO SHANE DOAN!

Gotta love the shortened season. It's been Pens/'Yotes double headers all season.

Heh. Since starting this thread, all of my banner ads have suddenly become ads for Canucks jerseys. LOL!

My banner ads all became Disney-related after I posted about a Disney vacation last OT day!

Sarahandsam Was there celebrating in the streets? ;-p

I mean... you know, until Ray Shero gets Darcy to trade him Ryan Miller today for a bag of cheetos and a 4th round draft pick. :-)

and the best part of this post:

YAYAYAY COYOTES!!!!!

I hate that in the new divisions my Preds will not be in the same division as my "old" team, the Wings. Those are Nashville biggest games! Sigh. We will be stuck with all the long commute west coast teams.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Hey now, we want two fourth round draft picks and a bag of pucks for Miller!

I am really curious to see what trades happen for the Sabres--I really think it's going to be Pominville or possibly Miller. Hoping not Vanek. I just hate that we're at the point where we have to be even considering moves like that in order to get prospects and draft picks. Ugh. But Miller isn't any use if he's blocking a million shots because we have no defense, and Pominville and Vanek aren't any use if their only chances to get a goal are on random breakaways because all the rest of our offense is too busy skating around behind our own net trying to recover the damn puck...

I think that with Vanek on IR he can't be traded. So you're safe with that one. ;-) I'm beginning to think that Nobody's going to get traded. Darn boring trade day. LOL!

Wow, Ray Shero is still adding players. Pens got Jussi Jokinen from Carolina for a conditional draft pick (6th or 7th round depending on what happens). Carolina is still on the hook for part of his salary.

Still seems like a boring trade deadline day.

I'll miss Pominville, but we got a good deal for him, it seems... though with acquiring a new goalie, it'll be interesting to see what that does for our trades this summer and next season with Miller only having a year left on his contract. With him and a couple of our gazillion top round picks, we could get just about anyone... or train someone up to sell him off mid-season next year...

Agree totally that it was a pretty boring day.

I agree, not much exciting. The Coyotes traded one of my favorite players back to New Jersey though. Had his big 1000 game ceremony yesterday and traded today. :-( I think everyone saw it coming, and it didn't make much sense to keep him, but darn it, I liked watching him play.

Oh well...

I think Pominville will be great on the Wild. Seems like he'd really fit in with that team. Well, let's see what happens with the Sabres. It'll be interesting I'm sure. ;-)