The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Default Anyone want to talk hockey?

Ok, so still reeling over the Iginla being a Penguin, and then jumping in to play the Islanders the same day he got to Pittsburgh, and then Crosby taking a puck to the face 50 seconds in and not even getting to play with him, and... and...

Flames fans, you are some of the classiest people I've ever seen. I salute you!

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=231646

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/317299178013347840
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

I'm a Sabres fan. Right now I just want the season over and done with. Ugh.
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

Wings fan over here Had a rough day today... April is going to be tough!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by propspony View Post
    Ok, so still reeling over the Iginla being a Penguin, and then jumping in to play the Islanders the same day he got to Pittsburgh, and then Crosby taking a puck to the face 50 seconds in and not even getting to play with him, and... and...

Flames fans, you are some of the classiest people I've ever seen. I salute you!

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=231646

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/317299178013347840
    Me too! I couldn't believe it when I heard that he was traded! Any idea why he was traded? Always thought he would finish he's career with the Flames.

Don't really know the guys he got traded for but I imagine the Penguins got the better deal and have quite the super star team now.

Just wish I could watch more games over here in Oz...

P.

Ps. Go Tigers go in the WHL league!!

It's not NHL, but my little "commuter school" (as ESPN likes to keep calling it) just made it to the Frozen Four! It's the first time the team has ever gotten this far, and they've won both the regional championship and the Hockey East championship...it's really exciting!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyPony View Post
    In all my years of riding, gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!

Quote Originally Posted by giddybiddy View Post
    It's not NHL, but my little "commuter school" (as ESPN likes to keep calling it) just made it to the Frozen Four! It's the first time the team has ever gotten this far, and they've won both the regional championship and the Hockey East championship...it's really exciting!!
    Go Lowell! ;-)

Polydor, I think it was a shock even though everyone seemed to know it was coming. The Flames needed to get his salary (along with a few others) off of their roster so that they could rebuild... but everyone loved him, so they kept putting it off. Once the Pens showed interest, and he realized there was really no chance of the Flames going to the finals, he decided to give winning the Stanley Cup a shot. (We'll leave out the whole Boston debacle...) To say it's been emotional on BOTH sides would be putting it mildly.

Sarahandsam... oooof... at this point, I openly admit to watching Sabres games solely for Gerbe, and to see if Miller will do anything "exciting." LOL! Have you seen this yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40HfH1UiXo Cracks me up. :-D

Tev94 I understand. Since moving to the desert, I've become a Coyotes fan. *sigh* just *sigh*...

Baby horse is a Coyotes fan too. Needless to say she's learning humility at a young age:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8&l=bd8cfe60db

Crosby is so whiny I think everyone who isn't a penguins fan hates him lol

Also a Wings fan here, but unfortunately haven't been able to watch the last few games.
    Eventers of the West
    A Facebook group I created for Eventers in the West Region of the U.S.
    Remy - My OTTB Gelding! Love him to pieces!

Hey SamandSarah! I think this is my favorite moment from the game tonight. LOL!

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/165129060

me <---- Ignoring the "Crosby is a whiner" comment. LALALALALAAAA I can't hear you! ;-p

Thanks Propspony. Hate not getting any hockey news down here Really really miss my hockey night in canada.

Who else salary wise is on the chopping block?

Been trying to search NHL and Flames sites for news and getting some but ya.

P.

Love hockey. Overall I've just been disappointed this season. I am a sabers fan and a caps fan. The caps have done well but overall it is the fans that annoy me. The go and treat it like some important people social event. Fair weather fans. Where I come from (Buffalo) we don't like.people like that. Heck, sometimes we even throw things at them and beat them up. :-P We take our hockey very seriously in Buffalo.

Now for Crosby. Oh how I hate him with a passion. He's a punk. I get most annoyed by the fact he is actually a great player but he ruins it with being a whining sissy. Bad hits happen, pucks to the face happen, injuries are part of the game. He needs to grow up, put on his big boy pants and play without whining. Ugh. He makes my blood boil. We'd tear him a new one in buffalo too. :-P
    Hope Blooming- Life with Chronic Pancreatitis

My blog: Life with Pancreatitis

2 members found this post helpful.

Propspony, love the fire sale video! Gerbe's my absolute fave player, though Otter is up there now too--I already have a Gerbe jersey but need to get an Ott one now. I remember Gerbe trying to fight Chara in his first season and it was adorable. He's such an angry little spider monkey and I love him for it.
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

propspony, I'm right there with you. I thought that after the Pens traded for Morrow and Murray, they were done trading. I was SHOCKED on Wednesday morning when they got Iginla. And now Crosby out with a broken jaw, and Martin (who's been so solid this year on D) out for a broken hand...ugh. I heard that Letang may be back this week so that's some good news. Just hoping they can keep it together for a Cup run.

Born and grew up in Montreal, which obviously means I'm a Canadians fan! Loving the team this season.... especially compared to last year.

I feel so bad for Sid, as much as I dislike him, he just can't catch a break!

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Another Wings fan checking in... although I'll admit I haven't been following this season like I usually do. Was too annoyed at the whole missing first half. Just now getting back to where I feel I can watch/follow without being bitter.

What does everyone think of the new league divisions for next year? It will be weird to not have Det and Col in the same division... but excited that Toronto will be in Detroit's division!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Quote Originally Posted by tle View Post
    What does everyone think of the new league divisions for next year? It will be weird to not have Det and Col in the same division... but excited that Toronto will be in Detroit's division!
    I'm not sure what to make of them. Logically they make sense (for travel reasons with the exception of Tampa Bay and Florida in with the old Northeast division). My only issue is that the conferences don't have an equal number of teams. So theoretically, it should be easier to make the playoffs in the new Western Conference. But we'll have to see how this all shakes out. I'm excited about Washington being in with the Pens. More opportunities to beat up on Ovechkin.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNeon01 View Post
    I'm excited about Washington being in with the Pens. More opportunities to beat up on Ovechkin.
    LOL! Like this? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp1DMQ-x33k It's an oldie, but still funny.

Sarahandsam I know!! I love him too! Scrappy little s*** isn't he? If I ever get a Sabres jersey it'll be number 42. What can I say, I dig ponies with attitude. ;-)

Polydor, Bouwmeester is the other biggie that talk says is (most likely) moving. Rumours say Kiprusoff as well, except that he has stated flat out that if they trade him, he won't report to the new team so... who knows? Some drama there that is practically Habs-worthy. ;-)

Notherhunter enjoy your season, you guys DESERVE it.

Love the new alignment. I think when you look at the teams that are in the west themselves, it'll end up being pretty fair. And I FREAKING LOVE that every team plays every team twice per season. I may actually be able to GET tickets to a Pens game or two (or THREE!!) this next year. (Coyotes/Ducks/Kings) AND I'll even maybe get to see the Sabres play too. Oh happy day!!

Now as long as the Coyotes stay in Phoenix... *crossing fingers*

Lifelong Blackhawks fan here. Loved the first part of the season with their record points streak but they seem to have come back down to earth now, especially with Sharp and Hossa out for the last little while. Can't believe the season is almost over already and the playoffs are just around the corner.

And I agree with most of the others on Crosby - a great player who I lack respect for because of the whining.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

What? No Bruins fans here? I think the team is looking good (although not in the very recent past).

Quote Originally Posted by propspony View Post
    LOL! Like this? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp1DMQ-x33k It's an oldie, but still funny.
    Classic commercial, and still funny to this day.

At least you're close to an NHL team. Since Atlanta moved, the closest one is now Dallas (9+ hours away). Philly is close to my parents (about 1.5 hours, closer for my sister), but I refuse to see the Pens there (I fear for my safety). The lockout messed up my plans to see them in Pittsburgh (as well as visiting extended family) so I have to wait till next season now.