The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default And how are YOUR brackets doing?

I'm at 750 points and the 97%th percentile on ESPN, but my brackets are pretty dismal. Apparently, just less dismal than everyone else's. I had Louisville-Miami at the Championship (Miami has proven me wrong...). I did OK in the Midwest and South but terrible in the West (except for Ohio State). And how are YOUR brackets doing?
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

I threw my bracket in the trash last week.

My main problem is that my loyalties to certain schools outweigh my common sense.

My other problem is that I didn't count on so many spoilers.

At this point, all I can say is Go Shockers!
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

Was wondering when someone would mention the NCAA's.

I don't officially have brackets entered anywhere, so don't know the percentages. But am an SU fan, and just watching that Big East final, I had put SU and Louisville in the NCAA final. Although with Louisville back on top once again , even though I'll always root for SU. And will be over the moon for Boeheim if they win. Other than those two, most of my teams took a nosedive early.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

As a UNC loyalist (I work in the med school) - it was difficult...but practical...to be realistic about how far they'd go. Alas... As long as Duke doesn't win...
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Duke lost today. My BF's brother who is living with us is a die hard Duke fan. I had to hear about that game alllllllllll day
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

I don't do the bracket thing. I just really enjoy watching the games. Unlike the pros, I cheer for both sides as I just can't cheer against any of these kids playing so hard and with such heart. I hate seeing any of them lose! I was rooting for Duke today, only because I tend to pick the underdog, but Louisville clearly deserved the win. We've had fun watching, except the scary leg break .

Well, the only consolation is that many are in the same boat. Who had Wichita State? Or FGCU getting to the Sweet 16? So you still have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Duke lost today.... I had to hear about that game alllllllllll day
    Well, that game with the gruesome leg break had EVERYBODY talking.

I had Louisville and Indiana. Half my bracket looks good, the other half not so much. Hats off to Florida Gulf Coast for bustin' everyone's brackets. I love the underdog. Except when it comes to my tourney brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    Well, that game with the gruesome leg break had EVERYBODY talking.
    Dear Lord, what a tragedy for that poor boy. That was awful. Praying for a speedy recovery for him.

I couldn't figure out how the announcer on CBS kept saying the poor kid dislocated something. There isn't a joint there!

SO is pulling for Syracuse, and I'll be rooting for Wichita State, but I suspect Louisville can't be beat. Will be watching next weekend!