The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another one...someone get him....

Hope this is allowed. I know I've seen Craigslist ads listed here before. I wish I could take on another horse. They're riding him already. Somebody help him.

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/grd/3694185184.html

Rowan is a coming yearling quarter horse. He is a pocket pet and loves to be messed with. Always first to the gate and see whats going on when you come home. Has already been saddled and riden in the yard and didn't act up even have video of it. He has also been to a civil war reenactments he went to the battle of Olustee this year and we have photos of him there. Would be great kids project. Feet just trimmed, UTD. I don't have time to work with him since I am in college and have to complete an internship along with my 5 classes. He's being ruined sitting in a barn. Want to see him go to a good home where he will get lots of love and attention. Asking $350 for him because thats what I have in him.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

1 members found this post helpful.

Maybe someone should tell the guy letting a yearling sit won't ruin it. I personally do not want a horse that is broke to ride before its first birthday. I'm sorry but I see nothing special about this horse.

Poor guy, but he's not starved yet. Probably the "350 in him" is all the money he's spent on him in a year!

If anyone is interested in him, he's about 150 miles from me and I'd go check on him for you. There are so many 350 and less horses down here in SE GA and north FL. Many in worse shape that his guy. But all "at risk."

This add just makes me laugh, and not in a good way.

The positive about buying a yearling is you won't actually have to deal with him on an everyday basis for at least two more years.

The whole add makes me think his owner is crazy. Riding him before he turns one year old, taking him to war reenactments and thinking a young colt is a good kids project is plain irresponsibility (or ignorance, or both). Either way, at least she's selling him now while he still has an opportunity to a good life. Can't imagine how he would be in 2 years after being owned by this lunatic for 3 years.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMSL View Post
    This add just makes me laugh, and not in a good way.

The positive about buying a yearling is you won't actually have to deal with him on an everyday basis for at least two more years.

The whole add makes me think his owner is crazy. Riding him before he turns one year old, taking him to war reenactments and thinking a young colt is a good kids project is plain irresponsibility (or ignorance, or both). Either way, at least she's selling him now while he still has an opportunity to a good life. Can't imagine how he would be in 2 years after being owned by this lunatic for 3 years.
    Agreed. He looks like a sweet, little guy and deserves a chance. I thought I was posting this in Off Course, if the mods want to move it. Sorry.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

I live in Jacksonville, and can work as a temporary yearling holding facility and checker outer. I'd go get the little guy myself, but I can barely afford the horse I have. I saw the ad online, and cringed over it myself. PM me if anyone needs me to go see the little guy....