The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Default Game of Thrones tonight!

Who's watching?

I'm torn. I don't currently have HBO and watched the first few seasons elsewhere, but I'm really considering paying the $10/month extra for that channel for a few months and cancelling after the fact... Once I gave him a character sheet I got my roommate hooked on it too!

PS, for those of you who also read the books- is it just me or is it really weird to see these characters on screen whom you know are not going to be alive in X chapters? I keep doing a double-take at certain people, thinking "Wait a sec, you're dead!"

Oh, let's go ahead and call this a Heads Up Spoilers May Be Present Read At Your Own Risk zone, because I just know the Red Wedding is going to come up if we keep talking about it
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I'll watch it at couchtuner.eu online and free. I may have to wait an extra couple of days, but hey, I don't need cable for one show.

OH, and *NO* commercials!!! That's definitely worth waiting for!
    Horse & Dog Designs: Clothing, Pendants, Water Bottles, Totes, Phone Cases, ETC:
    WoofNWhinny*
    NEW: Schnauzers, Boxers, Western, & Polo Ponies

Horsey Humor, Ponies, Barn Safety & More.

I had to stop watching after the first season because they just changed too much from the books. What a bummer.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    I had to stop watching after the first season because they just changed too much from the books. What a bummer.
    The second season changes bothered me way more than the first season- Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Lady Talisa (ha! She added nothing to the plot! This drove me nuts) and Osha (what was the point of that added scene?)
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    The second season changes bothered me way more than the first season- Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Lady Talisa (ha! She added nothing to the plot! This drove me nuts) and Osha (what was the point of that added scene?)
    My issues, too. I was just disgusted with all of the pointless changes. I get making adjustments to simplify the story or move it along in a timely manner--the books are THICK and I know you just can't get that all into a series--but meaningless additions and changes? Blah. No thanks.

I've read the series multiple times and it was just BLATANTLY OBVIOUS to me when the story when off the tracks, so I had to give it up. The first season wasn't too bad, but the second? Come on! I spent too much time yelling at the TV, so it was better to just stop watching

Quote Originally Posted by WoofNWhinny* View Post
    I'll watch it at couchtuner.eu online and free. I may have to wait an extra couple of days, but hey, I don't need cable for one show.

OH, and *NO* commercials!!! That's definitely worth waiting for!
    It's on HBO--there aren't any commercials to begin with

I've only read as far as the series has gone, and have been really, really torn on whether or not I want to read ahead. The friend who got me to read the books after she got them for Christmas this year has finished so far, but I'm just leery of reading ahead, because I kind of don't want to know that Character X is going to expire the next episode. Though I have read a bit of plot summary online, so I'm not going in completely unspoiled.

I have a feeling I'll cave and breakdown partway through this season and get the third book!

2 members found this post helpful.

I've just started reading the first book (halfway through) and am super-addicted. I put the first season DVD on hold at the library and am dying to see it now. Sadly, I don't have HBO, but I guess by the time I read and watch everything up to that point, season 3 will probably be out on DVD also...
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

See I kind of like when they diverge because I read all the books and I don't know if I would stay interested if I knew everything that was going to happen. I always assume that TV shows are going to diverge from the book even more than movies. With TV series you have to catch and hold people's attention spans, and each episode needs to be a mini-story that could interest someone who hasn't seen the previous episodes. And I know in this case George RR Martin is very involved in the adaptation process and has approved of the big changes they've made.
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by JenEM View Post
    It's on HBO--there aren't any commercials to begin with
    Some online websites make you watch commercials *before* you can access a file or during the episode in order to see a show. Couchtuner.eu does not.
    Horse & Dog Designs: Clothing, Pendants, Water Bottles, Totes, Phone Cases, ETC:
    WoofNWhinny*
    NEW: Schnauzers, Boxers, Western, & Polo Ponies

Horsey Humor, Ponies, Barn Safety & More.