The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

You guys. Are. Gross.
    "I enjoy this motorcade and will recommend it to my niece."

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    When I barbecue hamburgers I usually have all the ingredients except burgers left over. So I have perfected the un-burger which is a cheese onion ketchup and mayonnaise sandwich. I absolutely love it!
    I used to eat those when I was vegetarian...Burger King Whopper hold the meat. I still do if fast food is the only alternative...I can't stand Burger King's hamburgers.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Roasted garlic potatoes dipped in mayonnaise. WEAKNESS.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

1 members found this post helpful.

^^That sounds really good, caradino!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Quote Originally Posted by caradino View Post
    Roasted garlic potatoes dipped in mayonnaise. WEAKNESS.
    Add in a few chunks off of a pre-made rotisserie chicken to dip in the mayo too (with a sprinkle of pepper on top of the mayo) and I'm right there with you, cardino.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

To continue in the canned soup vein, heated condensed tomato soup or cream of chicken soup on toast (undiluted with milk or water).

Potato chips in a tuna, kieblasa or salami sandwich.

Once a year food.

Y'all ready for this? Dad's "Goulash" that he created in college. It's a meal, it's actually much better than it sounds, and it's wonderful comfort food.

Slice potatoes and fry in a skillet. When they are just about done, add a layer of cooked ground meat (hamburger, turkey, etc).
    Next, a layer of canned baked beans, then a layer of condensed cream of mushroom soup. Top with cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. I like it with a bit of ketchup.
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Island of Heart Surrounded by the Sea of Intuition

Potato chip sandwiches: White bread, mayo, and plain Ruffles potato chips in a sandwich.

My brothers favorite was uncooked spaghetti noodles.... Sometimes he would cook them and eat them with butter and salt and if he was really fancy he would sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (the kind in the can) .

And when I was young I would eat Vienna sausages (sp) straight from the can...I think I would gag if I had to eat them now.
    The Love for a Horse is just as Complicated as the Love for another Human being, If you have never Loved a Horse you will Never Understand!!!

Um, I make this as a treat when I am tired of pan seared fish/chicken and the latest assortment of roast vegetables, because I think it is delicious and decadent and has the side benefit of being comparatively hugely unhealthy, so I don't really consider it "bum" food, but in the sense that everyone else considers it gross:

pasta, topped with baked beans, an egg over easy, and ketchup.
    If you have the pasta pre-ready and fry it in the pan with the egg and beans so it gets a little crunchy, .....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Also if you would like to commit the all the sins that the latest healthy eating literature would considerthe "most horrible", make up some Stoffers stuffing from the box, add processed and sodium laden gravy from a packet, and top with suger-filled processed jellied cranberry sauce from a can.
    Enjoy.

Thought of another one. Bread topped with thick, brown gravy. The bread gets kind of soggy and mushy and yum.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4aOTTB View Post
    Potato chip sandwiches: White bread, mayo, and plain Ruffles potato chips in a sandwich.

My brothers favorite was uncooked spaghetti noodles.... Sometimes he would cook them and eat them with butter and salt and if he was really fancy he would sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (the kind in the can) .
    As ignorant little kids: Spaghetti (cooked) and mayo, like a sauce. Good enough for us.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Just remembered another childhood snack. Not really gross, but we often ate it after school. White bread, mayonaise, iceberg lettuce sprinkled with garlic salt and onion powder.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Reading the last few entries reminded me of a favourite, not gross, childhood summer snack - lettuce sandwich which consisted of white bread (usually home made) and spread thickly with Sandwich Spread and then piled high with fresh leaf lettuce. If there was no sandwich spread, Miracle Whip and bread and butter pickles worked as well.

My brother also ate raw spaghetti and macaroni and that IS gross.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Anybody collecting these for a COTH cookbook?

6 members found this post helpful.

When I was a teenager, one of my favorite sandwiches was tuna (tuna, mayo, onion powder, relish) with marshmallow creme and Doritos. I called it a meal in one. It was super tasty.

This thread is making me so hungry, I just took out a jar of nutella and am eating it with a spoon. What's so bad about 200 calories per spoonful?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    I can't decide if I should saddle up the drama llama, dust off the clue bat, or get out my soapbox.

6 members found this post helpful.

Frosting from a can on graham crackers.

Peanut butter & bacon sandwich. No fake BacoBits, if at all possible. White bread, of course, but not Wonder.

From my poor student days: hot buttered rice or hot rice with ranch dressing.
    A splurge was a 39c Hot-N-Now burger with green olives on it.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

2 members found this post helpful.

My gross meal is french fries, coated in buffalo wing sauce and dipped in bleu cheese dressing.

I also like garbage plates. For breakfast this morning I had 2 eggs scrambled with ham, green peppers, onions, hash browns, tomatoes, mushrooms, and banana peppers. Topped with cheese and finished with hot sauce. YUM.

And then there is the prairie dog platter: French Fries topped with mustard and onions, nacho cheese, texas hot sauce and chopped up hot dogs. So incredibly disgusting. But so good. I've eaten it once or twice each time thinking with every bite it was so gross but I couldn't stop shoveling it in. Now that I've sort of purged my system from processed foods, I don't think I could do it today. Just the thought of it makes me go

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    My gross meal is french fries, coated in buffalo wing sauce and dipped in bleu cheese dressing.

I also like garbage plates. For breakfast this morning I had 2 eggs scrambled with ham, green peppers, onions, hash browns, tomatoes, mushrooms, and banana peppers. Topped with cheese and finished with hot sauce. YUM.

And then there is the prairie dog platter: French Fries topped with mustard and onions, nacho cheese, texas hot sauce and chopped up hot dogs. So incredibly disgusting. But so good. I've eaten it once or twice each time thinking with every bite it was so gross but I couldn't stop shoveling it in. Now that I've sort of purged my system from processed foods, I don't think I could do it today. Just the thought of it makes me go
    All of that sounds delicious in a gross, indulgent sort of way.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

I love the Jack-in-the Box fast food "drive thru" fried tacos. Mystery meat (paste) and all.

Thankfully there is not a Jack-in-the-Box near me. It is a special treat on road trips. 2 for .99 cents. You know, they must be good for you!