The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Hummus. Just...hummus. On a spoon. Protein, fiber, fat all rolled into one perfect food.

Eaten with a spoon.

Gross in theory (and just a little strong!!), but hits the spot.
    "And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

Quote Originally Posted by ManyDogs View Post
    Oatmeal, brown sugar, soft butter. Mixed up but not nuked/cooked.
    Isn't that called cookie dough?
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

1 members found this post helpful.

This thread is so confusing to my stomach/reflexes! I'll read some and be gagging, stomach twisting, then get to another post and want to take notes and try it out! But Omg the things some of y'all put on a sandwich!! I'm trying to mention one in particular as an example, but my brain and memory have fully rejected them!!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

I went back and looked, one (but not the only one) was the ham, pb, cheese and pickle... I'm sorry, I just can't!!!
    Squirming around lol
    The Polish guy I dated had never had tacos before. We were living in Ireland and I hadn't figured out what their version of sour cream was. The first time we tried something out it was yogurt, which he put on his tacos and loved. Then cottage cheese. Then we got it right, but he also tried cream cheese on the tacos one time before that too. He said it all tasted good, but what would he know about taco fixins anyway?!
    I used to drink the little Creamer pots at restaurants when I was little. Several years ago at dinner with my parents we were reminiscing and that came up. So I decided to try out a mini Creamer thing again, straight from the tiny cup. Could. Not. Do it.

Come to think of it, Polish guy also had this dish which wasn't a bum meal by any means, but was a mish mash of loss of things, served cold. Rice I think, celery, cubed chicken, oregano, mayo, and some other things. I wish I could think of that recipe again because I remember liking it. Hmm.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

I love slicing up a whole tomato and putting salt on it. Yum.

Whoever said they eat sour cream, salsa and cheese with corn chips--that is one of my go to snacks. Delicious.

Toast with jam and cheese is pretty good too.

ETA: Also love wrapping a pickle up in a slice of turkey. I could eat those every day.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

A good friend told me recently that she's been dipping white cheddar Cheetos in Veganaise lately!
    "Ponies are a socially acceptable form of child abuse." - said by a friend when asked if she was going to find a pony for her 5 year old daughter.

Saltines with butter. Disgusting I know!

When I was a kid my mom would make us bacon sandwiches for breakfast.
    White bread toast, mayo, and bacon. On special occasions she would substitute it with a slice of Candian bacon.

Every once in a while I still love to bust one of those things out - delicious!

^I love saltines with butter!

My college roomie's favorite po' food was crushed up saltines mixed with water.

Pan fried blood sausage on thinly-sliced bread. My dear dad, God rest his soul, loved it and never told me the English name, so though I realized that bloedworst was blood sausage, I was too young to get it. The Dutch version is not as peppy as, say, Morcilla or Sanguinaccio, but tastier than Kiszka.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

When I barbecue hamburgers I usually have all the ingredients except burgers left over. So I have perfected the un-burger which is a cheese onion ketchup and mayonnaise sandwich. I absolutely love it!

My biggest weakness is anything out of the can without bothering to heat it. Scary when microwaving is too much trouble. My favorite is a can of corn and a spoon. But I will also do this with soups.

Nothing beats cheese nachos though. Shredded cheese because I don't do the Velveeta thing. BTW autocorrect made Velveeta into Belavida. Must work on my enunciation!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

When I was a kid I used to dip Fritos in frozen lemonade- the canned concentrate or the ice-pop kind, it didn't matter. Sweet and salty!

I have always loved (and still do!) raw dough. Pizza dough, bread dough, pie dough, you name it. I can never resist sampling!

Butter, cheese, and bacon sandwiches.

Toast the bread and then slather it with butter. Like so much that it won't all melt. Then add slices of sharp cheddar cheese and strips of bacon. Yum.

Popcorn doused with spray butter....so doused that its soggy.

Oreo soup. A bunch of Oreos smashed up in a coffee cup. Add milk and a spoon. Makes a lovely chocolatey mush.

My daughter loves peanut butter and nutella sandwiches.

Empty pantry convinced me to eat heart of palms , artichoke hearts and bacon bits with a little olive oil.

When I was younger I used to eat soy sauce on lettuce...but only Kikkoman soy sauce ...the others
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Peanut butter and Nutella on toasted extra sour sourdough bread with salted butter.

Edited to say this is one of those twice-yearly treats. Never have PB or sourdough in the house. Nutella either for that matter.

Has anyone made those three ingredient brownies with Nutella?
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Coreene:
    BLESS YOU for making me Google that recipe : 9
    I'll be picking up Nutella on my way to work this morning...or maybe the JIF dark chocolate version?
    LOL! Just what I need - an alternative to the 5-minute chocolate cake recipe

My childhood treat was sour cream on bread.
    Boring, I know.
    Still have to go there on the rare occasion I have sour cream in the fridge.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Flour tortilla, slather with sour cream, spread on taco sauce, roll and enjoy...

Trying to remember, I think my latest drunken foray was a slice of lasagna with brown mustard. Something about drinking makes me want spicy food. My dad actually retched witnessing that one...
    Quarry Rat

My grossest confession is that reading this made me so hungry that I went down and made myself a bagel and cream cheese.

My "bum" foods are usually obscene quantities of items:
    - several TB of peanut butter
    - Above peanut butter mixed with jelly, nutella, or honey
    - a huge chunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese
    - half a jar of sweet pickles

I also have a weird thing about cooking pasta. It always seems to take too long when I am feeling lazy. So almost weekly I will sauté fresh veggies, cook tofu or morning star patties, and then put it on top of ramen. Somehow it is so much more rewarding and delicious because I "put in less effort".....dumb I know.

Potato chip sandwiches on white bread with mayo. Surprisingly delicious.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Potato chips on sandwiches is amazing. I've never tried it with just chips though.

Mmm, yes! Potato chips on sandwiches with butter is amazingly delicious!

I thought of a few others...
    Ramen noodles with slices of cheese mixed in and melted.
    Chips dipped in sour cream is pretty good. Especially cheetos.
    I used to love mixing butter with sugar and just eating it with a spoon.
    I also used to eat raw potato slices with salt.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding