The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any skiers (snow) out there?

I love, love, love skiing. Anyone else? Just did 5 days in Mammoth and had a blast. The only bad thing is missing my horse.

I love to ski, but had to sit this winter out. Well hopefully, I may get a few days in here at the end. Thanksgiving weekend I broke my tibia and blew up the medial meniscus, tried PT but ended up having surgery 6 weeks ago. My PT has cleared me to ride again, and I'm hoping to be cleared to ski at my apt this week. I bought new skis (Kastle LX82, the white ones with the yellow/green egg-shaped window) and new boots last spring. I was so disappointed that I couldn't ski this year. We ski here in the PNW and we also go to Colorado each year. I'd love to make it down to Mt Hood for some late-spring glacier skiing. Of course late-season skiing starts to conflict with horse shows and racing cars! Mukluk, were there any little earthquakes while you were at Mammoth?

Yep - only 2 more weeks left here.
    My favorite is to ski a few hours and then come home and ride my horse!
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCAT View Post
    Yep - only 2 more weeks left here.
    My favorite is to ski a few hours and then come home and ride my horse!
    That must be nice! No earthquakes in Mammoth on this trip. Hoping to get in one more trip before the season ends. The snow was great and I got to do my favorite thing. HUGE turns down steep runs- love to go fast! It's such a great feeling.

Kestrel, hope you are cleared to ski soon! There's always New Zealand (our summer is their winter : )

I've just started snowboarding. BF bought me some lessons and I'm totally hooked. I've only been twice but we're planning on getting season passes for next year.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

I love skiing and luckily live close to many great ski resorts! Have done lots of skiing this year, and am going out to Lake Louise again this coming weekend. Loads of snow in the mountains for us again this year! Can ski, at Sunshine Ski Resort, until June it has lots of snow and is higher up so stays open much longer.
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

LOVE skiing but haven't been in a few years. My favorites are Utah - Alta, Park City, Deer Valley and Lake Tahoe area - NorthStar and Alpine Meadows! Living in Georgia sure doesn't help getting out to good ski areas! I refuse to ski in North Carolina and I got picky after skiing in Utah that I don't want to ski in the east ever again!!!