The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It does sound to me like you're just a little sad and a lot stressed and don't have enough happy times in there to pull up the average.

I'd keep the coffee; if it's a nice little pick-me-up and a comfort in the daytime I'd keep it. Add in some water but don't cut your coffee. If that's one of your happy things of your day I'd keep it. Add in another happy thing if you have one; I hate to admit it but I like to watch a really stupid tv show while I cook supper and it's my happy time when that show comes on and I get left alone to cook. It's not much but right now it's one of the few things I have.

Can you add in more things like that? A new coffee creamer and pre-made coffee make me happy to get up. A good show to watch in the evening gets me to that portion of the day. OK I admit it, a glass of wine is something to make me happy too.

I think it's hard to hold your feet to the fire all the time and not so much have those things that make your day fun and rewarding.

Just a portion of the deal; I think it's worth checking the medical avenues too.

Default I suffer a lot of these symptoms too

Possibly since I put my horse down 6 years ago. Possibly before that. I KNOW I need to walk my dog, but I am too tired. I have done sleep studies, to no avail. I tried the C-pap, wasn't impressed. It did scare my dog! He thought I had become an elephant. I need to exercise, but don't have any fitness buddies. I shall be reading the suggestions with keen interest.
    And I second the 'changes' in your 'older years'. I now have serious insomina, have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.
    I have seen several doctors and no joy there either. I don't drink coffee, but I do like iced tea, and there are any number of ways to ingest caffine other than coffee or tea. Good luck to you.
    Another killer of threads

When they did your blood work, did they check your calcium levels? IF they are at all elevated even if they are showing at the high end of normal, it could be an issue with the parathyroid gland. One of the main symptoms of Hyperparathroidism is extreme tiredness. How is your thought process? Do you have trouble remembering things at all?
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

There are times when music is helpful;

,Happy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAczi8DsqBQ

blues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmgKEPVPyF0

Try not to worry! Dance around when you are able! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofD9...yer_detailpage.

1 members found this post helpful.

I agree with Guin that some psychological evaluation might be in order. Also, since you probably aren't getting much exercise, or eating a lot of green leafy food, and since you've posted that you drank so much you couldn't get up to get aspirin, etc., you obviously need a high colonic.

Get more exercise, eat raw greens, cut out the alcohol and get a colonic.

Quote Originally Posted by LoriO View Post
    When they did your blood work, did they check your calcium levels? IF they are at all elevated even if they are showing at the high end of normal, it could be an issue with the parathyroid gland. One of the main symptoms of Hyperparathroidism is extreme tiredness. How is your thought process? Do you have trouble remembering things at all?
    I am actually remembering all the thing I ought to do if the thought of getting up would not be too much to bear.

I went to the store last night and bumped into a friend.
    I don't know for how long we held up traffic, standing in the main aisle talking.

She has just lost her job, her kid is special needs and the husband a jerk....

Now, don't gt me wrong, I am still too tired, but I am not at rock bottom just yet. Couple inches away, but those are big inches!

And I will continue my self improvment a baby steep at a time.

maybe start with this keyboard and it's sticky 'E' key...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

You need a hobby, Other than COTH, something you really enjoy.
    COTH can make anyone depressed at times!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    You need a hobby, Other than COTH, something you really enjoy.
    COTH can make anyone depressed at times!

I know

but my other hobby has me stummied right now, writer's block - then I end up on COTH...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

getting out of the routine can help; I know when we go camping and I'm away from the computer and tv and radio and housework and all of it I feel completely different, usually a lot happier. Just get away for a weekend or afternoon or something, break it up!