The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    Corporations and big business isn't about us, or the people, or being humane... it's about profits. And making the most profit usually involves making the least expenditures.
    Build new horse-centric plants? $$
    Testing for all banned drugs? $$
    safe and gentle handling... $$
    Sue Wallis and her cronies admitted a while back that building a slaughter house for horses that was truly humane would be too costly.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Um, I realize that. Sorry the meaning behind my statement was lost on you.
    If you are insinuating that I have no feelings for horses, or that I am not moved by seeing them suffer, you sarcasm was not lost on me. I see no need for the emotion.
    What am I supposed to feel about them, I think the misses at that Canadian plant was inexcusable. But it is back to the old Video surveillance. And that most say will not happen.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    If you are insinuating that I have no feelings for horses, or that I am not moved by seeing them suffer, you sarcasm was not lost on me. I see no need for the emotion.
    That's not even remotely close to what I meant. If I did mean it, I would have written it. I wrote about looking into a horse's eyes that I knew was almost steak and you felt the need to point out that the horse wouldn't know it was almost steak, which I am well aware of.

I believe the term for what you thought is called "jumping to conclusions".

Well it is the internet, hard to convey emotion.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    Define 'current'.
    The vid I posted was from 2012. That's fairly current.

The news stories I've linked to are from the last few months when the proverbial merde hit the fan with horsemeat disguised as beef being discovered, and then found to have banned drugs in them.

Other articles I've posted of how things were done in the US were from when we had US plants... so not 'current', but certainly relevant considering one of the issues is the idea that promises are being made about 'doing things better' when new plants are built here in the US.. comparing to what it was like when we did have plants, regardless of the age of the materials, is relevant to the discussion of what improvements will be made.

Kinda' like that ol Bute test you keep talking about. Alas that didn't work out so well in Europe, they tested, but the meat was gone and et before the test results [positive] came back.
    Yup, those test sure are a help towards keeping the food supply clean!
    Not to mention the other drugs it doesn't test for that are commonly used by horsekeepers, but banned by the EU and others.

Now the links you share are super current and relevant aren't they?
    Oh...
    wait....

Arguing the facts with you is impossible!
    Because you never present anything to argue... certainly no facts with any supporting information or verification.
    You are amazing. The Canadian test has not been released yet and as I have mentioned EVERY TIME you ask..the earliest is in May..

Please re-read your own posts...I do believe you will see that most of them are circa 2007 and prior.

You are still trying to make the actions of Europeans...accountable to Americans.

Hyaluronic acid, which was on your list is a well respected anti wrinkle cream to be applied directly to ones face. I believe it was on your toxic list along with so many other generic drugs..and the source..gosh..as always..a RARA releasing their opinions as science.

People are now seeing through this little (or large) charade

1 members found this post helpful.

The links regarding the bute and its NON tested status has been provided numerous times.

I laugh when you continue to state I never give YOU proof...well..don't you remember...Fairfax JUST ANSWER THIS QUESTION and I will print my solution.

I answered the question YET AGAIN..and then you refused to print any solution stating you did not owe it to any of us who were pro slaughter.

So many of us have commented on your statements and their late dates..we are having a great time finding out how OLD your next post is going to be and how you are going to try and update it....a very old RARA trick for sure...rarely successful now.

That's not even remotely close to what I meant. If I did mean it, I would have written it. I wrote about looking into a horse's eyes that I knew was almost steak and you felt the need to point out that the horse wouldn't know it was almost steak, which I am well aware of.

I believe the term for what you thought is called "jumping to conclusions".
    For it to be almost steak..could you share with us WHICH slaughter plant you were at? or which feedlot (almost would now be six months)

On ABN there was a young lady who was against the Comet arabian blood line. She said her mare aborted the foal..and the mare was soooooooooooooooo dumbbbbbbbbbb that shw just walked away AND A YEAR LATER..she all of a sudden remembered she had given birth to a dead foal and ran to the exact spot looking for it.

J Z Knight speaking through the 35,000 guru Ramptha (something like that...she is on u tube) speaks directly to her horses and others and they told JZ that Linda Evans, actress was to buy them from her for one million dollars.

Thanks for sharing the story anyway. I still believe in Santa

The rate should be 99.9% It does not matter the animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Angela and her group want guarantees of 100% with every kill. They want 100% with every horse transported. They want 100$ with every passport

Wonderful goals

They are not reality.

Angela..when I say it "sounded like"...try taking it to the next step after you acknowledge I am on dial up. I am referring to yours and others comments. NOT that I heard sound.

ANGELA...R E A D and R.E.A.D. again.

I told you about the first one and where to look..if you neeed to and I told you this one was NOT AIRED as there was a STATE FUNERAL regarding the much loved previous Premiere the Honorable Ralph Klein

This is what show you for who you are. It is there..you ignore..then you demand..then you say no one will answer your demands..and you THINK you are making a relative point. Happily that others who do read start to understand how limited your abilities are when they re-read your posts with old old old old material.

How about..oh..wait...oh yeah..YOU were going to give YOUR solution as to what to do with all of the horses...if ONLY we answered ONE more question.

Then..remember..you stated you did not have to give anyone YOUR solution.

You get the video from a Brit after you told me you don't "post" on other forums or something to that effect when I stated I had been told you were a regular on many of the more radical European anti slaughter forums.

That "kinda" triggers warning bells.

There are NO videos from the states because..well..ahhh..ummm..oh wait..there are NO slaughter plants in the U.S.

You have never been to a slaughter plant..you did say you didn't have to go there to know what was wrong and you have never been to a Canadian plant..or even Canada..

You have heard about the changes that were employed however you believe your fellow Americans are too stupid to improve anything.

Never claimed to be a co host. I don't work for them. And if I am contacted to make a comment..I say so. And, I did. I told you I had TWO questions.

Ha ha ha..you sure make a day go by fast...

and all of the RARA's are currently running on high with some newspapers in Europe but this too will pass. Same as it does with all scandals especially regarding food.

But then...ANGELA has guaranteed ...NO MORE SLAUGHTER after July so I guess that will be it. We KNOW she has NEVER been wrong before..."chortle"

Angela ("rolls eyes") --this is silly but Sunridge likes it...but can not rebut as all of her information is outdated and old old old .

She likes to just come back on "pretending" her questions have never been answered.

I think these are cute little games...and I don't mind playing them. Good for my memory to look back to see what I have posted.

3 members found this post helpful.

It seems more "mishaps" keep happening with food. This does not build confidence in the food system anywhere. It's easy to think it won't happen here but food has become much more global. It's much harder to keep track of what comes from where.

Glad you took that leap

Next step

Just because a few cases of drugs or mislable are associated with some European equine meat products, does not mean they are ALL contaminated.
    Last edited by JGHIRETIRE; Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: spelling

2 members found this post helpful.

Temple Grandin has also stated it is not profitable to build a state of the art facility for horses. She has done so much to improve the lot of other animals, I tend to believe her. Whatever this horse slaughter issue is, it's so not for the benefit of the horse.
    It would be so much better to find a way to put down a horse quickly and without drugs. What did they do before drugs?? Not every horse was sent to slaughter back in the day??

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Look up Beltex FOIA . 906 pages of violations in an 11 month period at ONE us horse SH, when they were open here, just before they shut down.

Also look up "pasture to plate" The videos of a Canadian horse SH that were forensically audited for truthfulness/lack of editing.

Look up Temple Grandin lecture after viewing Canadian SH that she designed. One horse was stunned 11 times. Listen to how she stated that every time her back is turned, humane handling violations happen.

Yes I've read it -they fail to mention the economy tanked in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Have you read this?
    Seems like the ball is already rolling.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ghter/2037347/

You are amazing. The Canadian test has not been released yet and as I have mentioned EVERY TIME you ask..the earliest is in May..

People are now seeing through this little (or large) charade
    Gosh, Leo, back in October 2012, you were certain it would be ready by the end of the year. Talk about seeing through charades!

Leo Maxwell says:
    October 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm

You information is incorrect. There were no horses caught in the pipe line. However the rescues and anti slaughter groups immediately started to solicit funds. The product from Mexico to France was stopped by a vet as it was MIS LABLED

One plant in Canada OVER REACTED AND THOUGHT they would not be able to sell. They got their information from an animal rights group

There is a test that will be ready before year end that will test ALL equine meat products for drugs. Also Equine feedlots are now in full production and do have horses who have been grained and fed for six months (no starvation there) and they will be ready to be processed

http://horsetalk.co.nz/2012/10/13/co.../#.UWD7d1fMbQI

Jghiretire & Angela,
    Temple Grandin only requires that 95% of horses be rendered insensible after the bolt gun or firearm. So, you think your slaughter goddess is wrong?
    And for all the screaming your sisterhood has been doing about the wild mustangs, look at Temple's 14th requirement for humane horse slaughter:
    14.If wild horses (mustangs) are being slaughtered, handlers should be trained in the principles of flight zone and point of balance. If a horse rears, handlers should be trained to back up and get out of it's flight zone. The installation of solid sides on the chute (race) is recommended. Understanding the point of balance will also facilitate handling tame horses.
    Most of you seem to be caught in some sort of timewarp which has left your reasoning and talking points in the 1980s.

As more and more of the rara sisterhood is exposed as time-challenged parrots of the great and powerful Wayne, it is becoming comical as they scramble for any modern relevant point.
    Poor Angela doesn't realize that millions of Americans pay good money to take daily doses of hyaluronic acid to help lubricate their knees!
    And now she wants to say that crime rates increase in the neighborhoods around slaughterhouses. What does she base that on? Oh right, it was mentioned in one of Wayne's handouts 15 years ago. It is no more true today than it was then. I'll bet the folks who count on the plants for employment might disagree with Angela. You know, the line processors, the truckers, the vets, the test labs.
    And the poor misguided poster who actually believes that the processing plants have no right to use the sewage system, water lines, electrical lines, gas lines, roadways, etc, is actually scary! Perhaps we need a new name for the sisterhood as they certainly are not in favor of free enterprise and democracy!

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    As more and more of the rara sisterhood is exposed as time-challenged parrots of the great and powerful Wayne, it is becoming comical as they scramble for any modern relevant point.
    Poor Angela doesn't realize that millions of Americans pay good money to take daily doses of hyaluronic acid to help lubricate their knees!
    And now she wants to say that crime rates increase in the neighborhoods around slaughterhouses. What does she base that on? Oh right, it was mentioned in one of Wayne's handouts 15 years ago. It is no more true today than it was then. I'll bet the folks who count on the plants for employment might disagree with Angela. You know, the line processors, the truckers, the vets, the test labs.
    And the poor misguided poster who actually believes that the processing plants have no right to use the sewage system, water lines, electrical lines, gas lines, roadways, etc, is actually scary! Perhaps we need a new name for the sisterhood as they certainly are not in favor of free enterprise and democracy!
    On this I also agree.. It's called Liberal, and the belief is scary!
    But the rules do not apply to them. So they feel.

What are you agreeing with Sannois? Can you bold it for me? Your post and the one you quote seem unrelated.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

I think the politics (left, right, liberal, conservative) might have been better discussed on Off Topic week.

Sannois, all it took was 3 pro slaughter posters to convince you that EVERY video ever filmed in a horse slaughter plant was either faked or caused by a plant? Really?
    Last edited by LauraKY; Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

4 members found this post helpful.

How many of us use Furazone as a sweat (with or without DMSO). It's my go to.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia...talert_31.html
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Gosh, Leo, back in October 2012, you were certain it would be ready by the end of the year. Talk about seeing through charades!

Leo Maxwell says:

You information is incorrect. There were no horses caught in the pipe line. However the rescues and anti slaughter groups immediately started to solicit funds. The product from Mexico to France was stopped by a vet as it was MIS LABLED

One plant in Canada OVER REACTED AND THOUGHT they would not be able to sell. They got their information from an animal rights group

There is a test that will be ready before year end that will test ALL equine meat products for drugs. Also Equine feedlots are now in full production and do have horses who have been grained and fed for six months (no starvation there) and they will be ready to be processed

I am not the government and I am not a scientist working for them. I "reported" what they were saying..but then only a Rara DEMANDS that horses be processed with 100% accuracy AND all facts regarding plants is 100% meanwhile quoting 8-10 year old misinformation

Unlike Angela I do not come back on the board and PRETEND to KNOW the test was released and was supposed to have failed. There was no European test in the works that I am aware of (if there is..let me know)

Is that called a deliberate lie..or just the ongoing spreading of misinformation

Leo Maxwell says:

Thank you for posting this Jenn

Wow..Angela...you have just had your anti Leo anti slaughter stories shot down.
    Leo NEVER provides any verifiable links....here is one I posted relevant to the article in October...

That testy little pipeline with your HSUS buddy John Holland... Mr. All I need is ONE MILLION DOLLARS and I can save TEN THOUSAND HORSES CAUGHT in this horrible pipeline...you ignored his pleas when the story was exposed as an animal rights hysteria taking information and trying to make it fact..rather than a STORY.

Ya got me...on the date...A lady I know had breast cancer in 1978 and she was PROMISED by a famous U.S. clinic the testing of the drug was in the final phase and she would be eligible and it would probably save her. Evelyn Farrer, a wonderful person..died before the tested drug was released in 1982 so you see..they do try and make sure the tests are going to work before they release them. But I would have thought...that you..as a budding journalist student, would have been aware of that.

Scientific tests are like checking facts...you do it over and over and over

That is what causes all of the grief for the Rara's. They only recycle old info and then..like Angela and Lori et al...disappear and come back with the same line of name calling and attacks. Rara is not name calling as y'all have embraced it...even comrade..so I guess your feelings are not too hurt.

Temple is not a guru for pro slaughter but she has very important information. She is wrong IF she has said the plants are too expensive to build. Canada has proven that..from building one from scratch to making the adaptions at the other existing plants.

Funny how this rara group HATE Temple when she is making a proven point that dispells their stories and yet they quote her if they even remotely think she is supporting them.