The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 648
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    How many of us use Furazone as a sweat (with or without DMSO). It's my go to.

    http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia...talert_31.html
    Pftttt we don't let science get in the way. Modern facts, 10 year old facts it doesn't matter. We hate science.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Sunridge

    Thank you..what brought about the sudden change

    The rara's ignore tests and science re banning of bute and other chemicals and say we should jus accept the ban..no science required...



  3. #543
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Oh the irony.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    I'll bite then Sannois, if we can't change anything, why do you continue to post?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I hardly do, But I keep reading to see if someone on either side says something eye opening. Like I said, Car wreck, cannot help but look.
    At least I am not calling names.
    What news do you expect?

    Not going into characterizing the sides, but one works with things as they are, the other is demanding the impossible.

    There is always the chance somebody else has not heard the two sides of the issue.

    Can't leave the floor to the screamers and exaggerators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.



  6. #546
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I think she was trying to be snarky and tell me to not post, in a non confrontational way. I can't help it, I am just fascinated by the two sides.
    I am in the middle, a little right of the middle.
    I will be the first to admit I know very little about the whole thing, I will never claim to truly know.
    I'd get out of the middle if I were you.
    Getting knocked through the fence a few times is not good for your well being.

    I give you cliff notes:
    Slaughter ain't pretty. Because it's killing stuff.
    It can't be 100%, because we are dealing with humans and animals.
    Some humans are bad.


    Enter pro ban:
    Ban everything, consequences be damned.
    Although nothing including humans can ever be 100%, they happily claim abuse rates are 100%. Even if it defies logic.
    Their ideas have profound impact on the industry, not just the area they are looking at.
    You tell them that, you are <insert term of choice>

    The Pro slaughter/anti ban stance affects them not one bit on the other hand.
    There is not a one person radical pro slaughter to demand they go out and shoot and butcher their little Dobbins.

    Pro ban/anti slaughter do have rather high handed expectations as to what a person is to do with their horse. (but Lord have mercy on you, should you ask if they actually have the funds themselves to do as they preach!)
    Some are in blatant disregard to local laws or in the face of practicality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.



  7. #547
    Join Date
    Mar. 5, 2013
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Not totally true. I have seen them all, And some are just too graphic to believe, as opposed to Cattle videos. Something did not gel.
    I am not saying that things do not go bad, I am 100 percent sure they do in all areas. But it is the reputation of the Extremists that make me suspicious.
    But real or doctored, >I still do not see where we can change anything on here.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing


    2 members found this post helpful.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBD View Post
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
    Now it just becomes a question on what we see as evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I think she was trying to be snarky and tell me to not post, in a non confrontational way. I can't help it, I am just fascinated by the two sides.
    I am in the middle, a little right of the middle.
    I will be the first to admit I know very little about the whole thing, I will never claim to truly know.
    No, actually I wasn't being snarky. I was wondering. And I agree it's like watching a car wreck in slow motion.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I wish people would remember that with what is happening to this country, and not horses! There I said it!
    Now this is snarky...see there you go again with the politics. I know, in your opinion the country is falling into the deep despair of socialism. Save it for Off Topic.

    As far as proving the videos are true...as a result of the video from Great Britain two slaughtermen lost their license. As a result of the TWH video (which, according to the NY Times was given to law enforcement before they went public with it), federal prosecution.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/us...ewanted=2&_r=1

    The USDA temporarily closed Central Valley Meat due to undercover videos.

    Here's another at a poultry farm. http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2011...use_photos.php

    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/sparbo...6#.UWIREZOsiSo

    There's more....of course. So, at least in the above cases (which were all that I checked) they seem to be true, and verified.
    Last edited by LauraKY; Apr. 7, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    4 members found this post helpful.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Socialism? We could only hope. We are headed for fascism and oligarchy. It's already under way while we continue to sleep.

    Meanwhile I want to stop the idiots that foolishly believe that they too can be unregulated psychopath's, all in the name of making a buck. That measly buck won't help them anyway when the shit hits the fan.



  12. #552
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Pfttt...That's not going to last. They're cutting while I'm typing. Those folks who rely on government, are then going to come after my middle class "stuff" loaded with weaponry to gills. While the rich, who paid for our government, are ROFL(T)AO sailing their Yachts to the Caymans. Hell it's going on now, been going on longer than you think.

    ETA All the while our poor/middle class kids are going to war to protect their special interests.

    When is the last time YOU bought a Senate vote?

    Meanwhile we are such idiots we are arguing about horse slaughter, gun rights, and wolf hunting.

    Ack! I apologize. Everything is wonderful our future is bright. There is no climate change, the rich aren't controlling our country and fracking is awesome! Yay! Oops forgot...lets slaughter horses once again using an old cattle facility, that sucked 7 years ago. YAY!
    Last edited by sunridge1; Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM.



  13. #553
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Now this is snarky...see there you go again with the politics. I know, in your opinion the country is falling into the deep despair of socialism. Save it for Off Topic.

    As far as proving the videos are true...as a result of the video from Great Britain two slaughtermen lost their license. As a result of the TWH video (which, according to the NY Times was given to law enforcement before they went public with it), federal prosecution.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/us...ewanted=2&_r=1

    The USDA temporarily closed Central Valley Meat due to undercover videos.

    Here's another at a poultry farm. http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2011...use_photos.php

    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/sparbo...6#.UWIREZOsiSo

    There's more....of course. So, at least in the above cases (which were all that I checked) they seem to be true, and verified.
    What do these links have to do with equines going to auction and or to slaughter?

    I notice several posts "train wrecks" and these words are usually inserted about the time a group of you complain to the moderator that your feelins, emotions or what ever are under seize and you want the "topic" closed.

    The HSUS TWH video went to law enforcement when it was given to them by the researchers for Diane Sawyer. ONE YEAR AFTER.

    It was released to work with their big fund raiser.

    Any videos resulting in closed U.S.A. plants had to be seven years or older.
    When there is abuse it should be dealt with. However not by destroying the whole industry as you and your group are prone to do.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBD View Post
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
    Excellent post!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg



  15. #555
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Hey? What happened to the posts I was responding to? Oh sure now you're trying to make me look insane, I get it....


    1 members found this post helpful.

  16. #556
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Pfttt...That's not going to last. They're cutting while I'm typing. Those folks who rely on government, are then going to come after my middle class "stuff" loaded with weaponry to gills. While the rich, who paid for our government, are ROFL(T)AO sailing their Yachts to the Caymans. Hell it's going on now, been going on longer than you think.

    ETA All the while our poor/middle class kids are going to war to protect their special interests.

    When is the last time YOU bought a Senate vote?

    Meanwhile we are such idiots we are arguing about horse slaughter, gun rights, and wolf hunting.

    Ack! I apologize. Everything is wonderful our future is bright. There is no climate change, the rich aren't controlling our country and fracking is awesome! Yay! Oops forgot...lets slaughter horses once again using an old cattle facility, that sucked 7 years ago. YAY!
    And, like the French Revolution, when the common folk were able to take it out on the "royals" they were brutal. How about the Spanish revolution where they hung the great grandson of Christopher Columbus and also hung his Arabian Horse Stallion as a sign of the fall of the aristocracy.

    It was then...all about dictating YOUR will on others...banning those from a legal activity. Interesting..Pro slaughter don't ask that your groups and all Vegans be banned for trumped up chemical infusions and opinions, rather than facts.

    Where everything is done by a Presidential Order rather than through process by those elected (right or wrong) to represent the "common folk"..then a feeling of entitlement emerges..and that is when groups such as HSUS and PeTA and defence leagues for animals come into play.

    Study history.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  17. #557
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Those elected? The people don't even understand who/what/how they are electing. "Those elected" are the very rich, were either lobbyists before or become lobbyists after. History, IS repeating itself, is going exponential right after the stock market bubble bursts. Human's must really suck at learning from mistakes.

    Just like the horse slaughter facility in NM. See how that works.



  18. #558
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Yea whatever like your "reasoning" is so great.
    I thought TG's % was higher than 95 - my point being that whatever the animal we should be trying our best to be totally perfect. Yes I do actually realize that's impossible but it should be a goal nonetheless.
    Honestly?? I haven't heard myself really screaming about anything.....You?? Yep I hear you screaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Jghiretire & Angela,
    Temple Grandin only requires that 95% of horses be rendered insensible after the bolt gun or firearm. So, you think your slaughter goddess is wrong?
    And for all the screaming your sisterhood has been doing about the wild mustangs, look at Temple's 14th requirement for humane horse slaughter:
    14.If wild horses (mustangs) are being slaughtered, handlers should be trained in the principles of flight zone and point of balance. If a horse rears, handlers should be trained to back up and get out of it's flight zone. The installation of solid sides on the chute (race) is recommended. Understanding the point of balance will also facilitate handling tame horses.
    Most of you seem to be caught in some sort of timewarp which has left your reasoning and talking points in the 1980s.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #559
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Hey? What happened to the posts I was responding to? Oh sure now you're trying to make me look insane, I get it....
    No, you do a well enough job on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.



  20. #560
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    What do these links have to do with equines going to auction and or to slaughter?
    The fact you even have to ask this says quite a bit about you...
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Hoof cracks
    By Perchmom in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May. 25, 2011, 02:39 PM
  2. quarter cracks...HELP!
    By TwistofRed289 in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov. 19, 2010, 03:45 PM
  3. Cracks in the foundation
    By snoopy in forum Eventing
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: Jun. 22, 2010, 11:09 AM
  4. Quarter Cracks
    By EquestrianRunner in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb. 17, 2010, 03:39 PM
  5. Hoof cracks - what can be done to help?
    By Live2Jump in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep. 23, 2009, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •