The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar. 18, 2000
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario
    Posts
    3,044

    Default Asmar Equestrian - sale items!

    Wow! Did anyone else have a look at the sales page on Asmar Equestrian's website??? $75 for a $290 soft shell jacket in particular! Beautiful stuff. I don't need anything myself, having indulged in a new jacket from The Farm House's sale, but maybe someone else out there in COTH land might see something they like.

    http://asmarequestrian.com/asmarequestrian_en/sale.html



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    15,526

    Default

    Unless something has changed, they have been sold out of lots of sizes/colors for MONTHS and yet never update the website. I ordered and they charged my card immediately even though they seemingly had been sold out of the item for ages. The whole thing was a bummer. I'd deventually get a refund- but I really prefer companies that keep their website updated and don't charge until they order is being filled.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Unless something has changed, they have been sold out of lots of sizes/colors for MONTHS and yet never update the website. I ordered and they charged my card immediately even though they seemingly had been sold out of the item for ages. The whole thing was a bummer. I'd deventually get a refund- but I really prefer companies that keep their website updated and don't charge until they order is being filled.
    just curious-- what were you trying to order? I picked up a jacket from the sale and it is too big/too long.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov. 28, 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I tried to order a jacket from them, they were sold out of my size so I agreed to a different one, six weeks later they told me they were out of stock.
    UGH
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    15,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    just curious-- what were you trying to order? I picked up a jacket from the sale and it is too big/too long.
    The charcoal gray hunter jumper coat. I was beyond, beyond bummed that it was sold out. And the website continued to list it for months after
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    The charcoal gray hunter jumper coat. I was beyond, beyond bummed that it was sold out. And the website continued to list it for months after
    Bummer. I got the navy hunter/jumper coat but it's too big/too long and not worth sending back. I really need to list it.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar. 18, 2000
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario
    Posts
    3,044

    Default

    Good to know! I thought I'd found some really good deals that people might be able to take advantage of, but that doesn't sound like it's the case. I'm glad you were able to provide an immediate heads up, Veronica!



Similar Threads

  1. Horsey Items for sale?
    By melmda in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec. 10, 2012, 10:02 AM
  2. Asmar Equestrian Softshell?
    By Electrikk in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr. 25, 2012, 11:46 AM
  3. used horse items for sale
    By fivehorses in forum Off Course
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul. 16, 2011, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness