The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Am So Fed Up!

I am so done with the current administration and 99% of Congress! First, the sky is falling if the 'sequester' happens and as some have posted here, they are losing their jobs yet the Obama kids have gone on 3 vacays so far this year, Biden's travel costs are sky high, Kerry hands $250 million to Egypt, and we don't see Congress giving up anything. Very telling when an email surfaces with instructions to make sure ordinary people are hurt by the sequester-
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ised/?page=all
    McCain and clan witness a women scaling the border fence yet argues for amnesty for low skilled illegals. Joe Wilson gets slammed for called out Obama ("You lie!") when he states illegals will not be eligible for Obamacare and lo and behold, guess what? He LIED!
    Middle class taxpayers are crumbling under the burden of being forced to support all this. And the most frustrating thing is MSM makes sure the stories are quickly buried-
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ho_712194.html

Sick of it! Anyone else? And keep the name calling off this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the usual suspects that resort to childish crap instead of intelligent debate can just ignore this thread.
    It's only when a mosquito lands on your privates that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. fb meme.

11 members found this post helpful.

Dr. Ben Carson!

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    I am so done with the current administration and 99% of Congress! First, the sky is falling if the 'sequester' happens and as some have posted here, they are loosing their jobs yet the Obama kids have gone on 3 vacays so far this year, Biden's travel costs are sky high, Kerry hands $250 million to Egypt, and we don't see Congress giving up anything. Very telling when an email surfaces with instructions to make sure ordinary people are hurt by the sequester-
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ised/?page=all
    McCain and clan witness a women scaling the border fence yet argues for amnesty for low skilled illegals. Joe Wilson gets slammed for called out Obama ("You lie!") when he states illegals will not be eligible for Obamacare and lo and behold, guess what? He LIED!
    Middle class taxpayers are crumbling under the burden of being forced to support all this. And the most frustrating thing is MSM makes sure the stories are quickly buried-
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ho_712194.html

Sick of it! Anyone else? And keep the name calling off this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the usual suspects that resort to childish crap instead of intelligent debate can just ignore this thread.
    I agree totally, but I swore to myself I would not get in a political debate, The weather is great and I feel good, Trying to keep it light this weekend,
    If you want to chat you can message me. I am staying with light this weekend!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

3 members found this post helpful.

Just a couple of my ideas. ALL appropriations must be voted on individually, no earmarks tacked onto must pass bills. All laws should be written in simple English instead of legalese. Simple enough for a high school student to read and comprehend. Have any of you tried to read this crap? I consider myself reasonably intelligent and after a few pages I have a colossal headache. Obamacare is a colossal failure before it's enacted. It was passed by secret deals in the dark of night by one segment of the government under false premises. It is already causimg more harm than good. It was passed as "not a tax" or it wouldn't have passed to begin with and yet held up because it IS a tax. It's already more than 2 1/2 times more expensive than anticipated and will go higher.

The national debt is a HUGE problem! And will be more than devastating when interest rates go up another couple points.

Our imdividual freedoms are being eroded daily. We're told what we can eat, what lightbulbs we can use, no salt, new business and epa regulations daily that are bankrupting businesses and keeping new businesses from starting, the tax system is a joke. I could fill pages....

A pox on both their houses!!!! We need new blood.

Sorry about the typos. It's a cell phone and I have fat artheitic fingers.

4 members found this post helpful.

They can only do this crap so much before there is a full on revolt. When you try to silence and stomp down the majority of your citizens, it just makes them louder.

6 members found this post helpful.

Joe Wilson gets slammed for called out Obama ("You lie!") when he states illegals will not be eligible for Obamacare and lo and behold, guess what? He LIED!
    If that's the case, perhaps you can post here the language from the Affordable Care Act that allows for the health care coverage of those here illegally.

Didn't think so.
    "Business!” cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. “Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business.”

I am so sick of the GOP. Really, 2013 and we have a state (ND) passing the most extreme anti-abortion bill. Full rights at conception......wow, never would have thought.

Yes, I am fed up as well. Langauge to allow non-citizens health care coverage in the Affordable Care Act does not exist. They always received care from the emergency care centers. Read Much ?

9 members found this post helpful.

kathy s. is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor1 View Post
    If that's the case, perhaps you can post here the language from the Affordable Care Act that allows for the health care coverage of those here illegally.

Didn't think so.

There is nothing in the language of the bill preventing coverage for illegals;

http://media.sfexaminer.com/documents/noncitizens.pdf
    It's only when a mosquito lands on your privates that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. fb meme.

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I am so sick of the GOP. Really, 2013 and we have a state (ND) passing the most extreme anti-abortion bill. Full rights at conception......wow, never would have thought.

Yes, I am fed up as well. Langauge to allow non-citizens health care coverage in the Affordable Care Act does not exist. They always received care from the emergency care centers. Read Much ?
    Yes, I read 5 to 6 newspapers a day- from the ultra- lib NYT to the ultra-conservative Washington Times, then I figure out whats really happening. You?

2 members found this post helpful.

If either of the parties want to give amnesty to illegal aliens...lets see them put in where they can't vote for 20 years. I'd bet all of a sudden the Dems won't be so quick to want them coming here if they won't swell their voter rolls.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

10 members found this post helpful.

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Trakehner View Post
    If either of the parties want to give amnesty to illegal aliens...lets see them put in where they can't vote for 20 years. I'd bet all of a sudden the Dems won't be so quick to want them coming here if they won't swell their voter rolls.
    Lol, great point!

1 members found this post helpful.

I am sick of the government spending more than it makes....Period. Not the GOP, or the Dems, or the Tea Party. All of them. I don't mind having some programs to help people that need help, but I think they need to be limited, I don't mind funding some research projects, but I think they need to be limited etc etc.
    Railgirl.blogspot.com

There is nothing in the language of the bill preventing coverage for illegals;

http://media.sfexaminer.com/documents/noncitizens.pdf
    Really? This sure sounds like it prevents coverage for illegals:

(3) ACCESS LIMITED TO LAWFUL RESIDENTS.—If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United
    States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.
    "Business!” cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. “Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business.”

5 members found this post helpful.

(3) ACCESS LIMITED TO LAWFUL RESIDENTS.—If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United
    States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.
    What is wrong with that? I agree that someone should take a look at the immigration laws and make them make sense, and cost less for people to apply for citizenship, but if they are here illegally why should they be covered?
    Railgirl.blogspot.com

Original Poster

Won't amnesty make this null and void?

Thanks Windsor I, yes seems some people have not spent many hours in years past in the ER where non-citizens were being treated for things like ear infections, sinus infections and other illnesses that were typically treated at the office of the GP doctor.

I voted democrat and for national healthcare reform, so why does the GOP keep thinking that they will abolish the Affordable Care Act ? Why is it my vote does not register with the crazy party AKA the GOP ? They lost the election and propose a federal budget based on going back in time.....delusional much ?

Quote Originally Posted by MMacallister View Post
    What is wrong with that? I agree that someone should take a look at the immigration laws and make them make sense, and cost less for people to apply for citizenship, but if they are here illegally why should they be covered?
    I never stated that they should be covered and I'm not really interested in having that discussion. I was simply refuting the BS assertion that Obama lied about the Affordable Care Act not covering people here illegally. He most certainly did NOT lie. It would be nice if people got their facts straight.

I don't know. What I do know is that the president did NOT lie when he said the Affordable Care Act, as it was written and passed, did NOT cover illegal aliens. Joe Wilson was the liar, not the president.

My understanding is that one would need to prove residency and then apply for citizenship. That would make them legal citizens. "null and void " what does that mean ?

Well, I heard on NPR some info. that ought to make it not so much of an issue. Mexico already has national health care and their economy is improving, so illegals are not so willing to come over here and do hard labor for $5 an hour. They can stay in Mexico and do so AND get health care, and all the people here complaining about immigrants taking all of the jobs can flock to the fields to fill the jobs that they will be leaving.

10 members found this post helpful.