The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Moritz trailers

I've been looking for a trailer. Long story short-SO's truck may or may not be available after I buy one (he says I can use it "whenever I want" but I'm not so sure that's how it'll actually work out). There is a possibility I will have to turn around and sell it if this becomes an issue. So........I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a trailer and was hoping to pick up a used one for a few grand and not lose too much on it if it didn't work out.

Not having much luck in my area and price range. Can buy a new 2 horse slant load step up (last year's model) livestock combo (my preferred type) for likely not much more than a used one in the condition I need to feel like my horse is safe in it. The guy needs to check a price on Monday when he's open again-assuming they are closed for the Easter weekend. Retail is $5895(Canadian). It looks like they carry Moritz which I've never really heard of-not many reviews online it seems. Any thoughts? I feel ill at the thought of spending that much on something I may or may not get much use out of. I've been on the fence about buying a trailer for at least two years and it seems I'm not much closer to making a decision.

http://www.moritzint.com/
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Observation-not a great trailer, particularly if you think of quick resale. Almost everything on them seems low end.

Paint doesn't stand up, poor quality steel, reflectors where others have lights.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.