The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Olympic Qualification through the Pan Ams.

http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...qualifications

I am sure they are very concerned about this...especially since recently it is has been the only way to qualify these two teams for the Olympics (baring of course the results from WEG in 2010)
    Last edited by snoopy; Mar. 29, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

I do believe, according to the FEI, that we live on the wrong side of the tracks!

I guess unless you're in Europe you're not really riding. Sheesh, they just keep cutting off their nose to spite their Holier-than-thou face. Any news if the US is going to join up with our Canadian brethren to fight the good fight together?
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

This has been a topic for a few weeks now. The Americas ,North and South, are none too pleased. http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=20355

ETA The FEI seems to be re-thinking. What they will come up with is anyone's guess.. http://www.internationaldressageride...20-minutes.pdf
    Last edited by skydy; Mar. 29, 2013 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post

ETA The FEI seems to be re-thinking. What they will come up with is anyone's guess..
    Exactly. It's like being in a sea of faces swinging our heads left and right at a tennis match:

They change the rules, we scowl. They amend the change, we cheer.

They change the rules, we scowl. They amend the change, we cheer.

Back and forth and back and forth. It makes it hard to cheer the change of heart when they have the power to change right back whenever they want. It's just ridiculous.

Ugh.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

Isn't that the truth?!

I do think however, that when people yell loud enough, they have to listen, at least where nations are concerned. (They are still capable of screwing individuals royally..).
    The FEI seems to have a disturbing habit of sliding changes through, without sufficient input from member nations or riders, requiring the BIG backtrack later, when everyone shouts "what the hell were you thinking?"

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Isn't that the truth?!

I do think however, that when people yell loud enough, they have to listen, at least where nations are concerned. (They are still capable of screwing individuals royally..).
    The FEI seems to have a disturbing habit of sliding changes through, without sufficient input from member nations or riders, requiring the BIG backtrack later, when everyone shouts "what the hell were you thinking?"
    and that worked well for the Long format?

Were the US not able to field a team for the Olympics I doubt it would impact the general Eventing population, but oh my, some in positions of power and influence would perhaps have less of both and that cannot be tolerated. These changes (and the manner in which implemented) are meant to test the resolve of the courtesans and have no bearing on the plebiscite. I think of it as a game of Lords were much give and take goes on way away from our eyes and ears; we, not even pawns in the game.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Many of those who control the FEI ARE Lords and Royalty.

It has an 18 member or so Executive Board, of which about half come from Europe. There is ONE member from the Americas, and s/he is not from North America.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by JP60 View Post
    and that worked well for the Long format?
    No. However, it worked a treat with the rider classification idiocy.