The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default HorseTech's new comprehensive performance supp. - "SportWerks" anyone tried it?

I received an email from HorseTech about this supp which contains a comprehensive mix for performance horses.

"A single 180 gram serving provides comprehensive support for hooves, coat, attitude, joints, muscular system and digestive tract."

"
    SportWerks--180 grams of Pure Performance from HorseTech. Starting with our trusted Glänzen 3 as a base (Hoof, Coat & Attitude) we've added the essential ingredients of our HylaSport CTS (for superior joint and connective tissue support), Nutramino (Lysine, Methionine and Threonine) and new our GutWerks (Probiotic/Prebiotic with Live Yeast).

Active Ingredients
    (per 180 gram serving...90 grams are fed 2x/day):

Omega-3 (alpha linolenic acid)16,000 mg
    Lysine10,000 mg
    Methylsufonylmethane (OptiMSM) 10,000 mg
    Glucosamine (marine source) 10,000 mg
    Methionine 5,000 mg
    Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 4,500 mg
    Chondroitin Sulfate (porcine source) 2,000 mg
    Threonine 2,000 mg
    Collagen Type II (avian source) 1,500 mg
    Natural Vitamin E (d-Alpha Tocopherol) 1,500 IU
    Silica 400 mg
    Grapeseed Extract 300 mg
    Zinc (amino acid complex) 360 mg
    Manganese (amino acid complex) 200 mg
    Copper (amino acid complex) 125 mg
    Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg
    Biotin 30 mg
    Glutamine 1000 mg
    Fructooligosaccharides 750 mg

Contains a source of live, naturally-occurring microorganisms.
    Yeast Extract (mannanoligosaccharides) 500 mg
    Live Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) 50 billion CFU

Total Beneficial Bacteria: 20 billion CFU
    (Bacillus coagulans fermentation,
    Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus subtilis, Lactobacillus
    acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus plantarum,
    Enterococcus faecium)

Inactive Ingredients: Calcium Pantothenate, Chia Seed, Cobalt Glucoheptonate, Milled Flaxseed, Natural Flavorings, Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Natural Preservative), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Riboflavin Supplement (B2), Thiamine Hydrochloride (B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Yeast Culture

Link to their page:
    http://www.horsetech.com/sportwerks.html

No I'm not affiliated. But this looks like an excellent supplement, if a bit expensivo.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

I love their stuff. I'd certainly look into it if you're already feeding things for all those purposes, or feel you need to add them. Sometimes these all-in-one products look $$ on the outside, but once you break down what you're paying to feed all/mostly what's in there, they are sometimes cheaper. Or, if only a bit more, it becomes well worth it to not have to dip into 8 different supplement containers LOL

I love Horsetech! I feed one of their custom products which is Glazen 3 + Hylasport CTS. Wonderful products, wonderful company. They are often cheaper for the amount of stuff they put in there products like JB said. I did a lot of research before I picked my supplements. Horstech uses the optimum amount of ingredients per serving and was better priced for it, compared to any other company I looked at. Plus you get free shipping and cookies... Lol
    Celtic Charisma (R.I.P) ~ http://flickr.com/photos/rockandracehorses/2387275281
    Proud owner of "The Intoxicated Moose!"
    "Hope is not an executable plan" ~ My Mom
    I love my Dublin-ator

Thanks JB & ShowJumper. The horse in question, who's in moderately high work (jumper/eq), currently gets a Smartpak with:

KER Equishure
    loose salt
    SmartOmega3
    vitamin E & selenium.

He also gets a protein supp (Purina Amplify). The barn he is in (he's leased) does not feed good hay The grain he is on is Triple Crown Senior (8 qts/day).

Sooooo.... it seems switching him away from the SmartPak and replacing with the HorseTech SportWerks would still supply the omega 3's, E & Selenium, gut help (though I'm not sure it stacks up to KER's Equishure which is hind-end friendly). I'd still like him to get loose salt and the extra protein. Plus, the barn likes to feed SmartPaks and I'd worry they'd sometimes "forget" to give him stuff from a separate bucket.

I still love the idea of the SportWerks for him though. What to do, what to do...
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

I put mine into small glad containers. That way I can keep track of how many they feed and it is easy for them to do so. Just pop the top and dump into the feed...

Enable enable enable.... Lol
    Celtic Charisma (R.I.P) ~ http://flickr.com/photos/rockandracehorses/2387275281
    Proud owner of "The Intoxicated Moose!"
    "Hope is not an executable plan" ~ My Mom
    I love my Dublin-ator

Our barn uses Tupperware tubs for AM and PM. I make them myself once a week and put them in his designated supplement drawer. (Old smartpak drawers)

smartpak offers most of the Horsetech stuff in smartpaks- I'd be surprised if they didn't add this new supplement to their lineup in the near future. You can always pester them about it.