The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default CNN Interviews Charlotte Dujardin OBE with Valegro

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Thanks, Mike. And alwats nice to see Carl's yard!

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

1 members found this post helpful.

Since Valegro is still in Carl's yard, does this mean he was successful in setting up a syndicate to keep him? I thought January 31 was the date mentioned when he and Rolly would make a decision to sell, but I haven't seen anything mentioned since earlier in January. I don't know how to look up ownership of FEI horses. Someone?

No word yet on any sales and/or syndicates. Charlotte was scheduled to ride Uthopia in competition this week but has pulled out (along with most other top riders) due to an EHV outbreak.

The full CNN article is here: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/20/sp...ics/index.html I'm just disappointed that it perpetuates the big-money stereotype. I wish someone would write an article about how hard BOTH Laura and Charlotte have worked to get where they are, despite their different backgrounds.
    Proud COTH lurker since 2001.

I think it's a great article and she's a great ambassador for the sport. She has a relatable quality to her that comes across really well.

I really like both Charlotte and Carl Hester. They seem like the nicest people and very kind to their horses, and to love riding. Thanks for the vid Mike, I enjoyed it.

2 members found this post helpful.

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Taking OBE on her name at every turn is pretty ridiculous here in the states, Mike. You're not from England--it's a title only they know and recognize. It's rather silly to add it on over here. Just look at movie stars. Every once in a while someone says Dame Judy Dench, or Sir Anthony Hopkins, but most of the time it's simply "Actress Judy Dench" and in the credits the title is NOT used.

Just a thought...
    "Relinquish your whip!!"