The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by GAEventer View Post
    I know, one of those instances of 'just a little too late'. We have three of his daughters that we are using in our breeding program, unfortunately none are purebreds. There are no purebred sons standing, but their is a purebred grandson standing at www.erinterra.com, and a partbred son standing at www.foxcreekfarm.com.
    Isn't his grandson Morning Glory's Ilyushin still standing - in NH I think.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I know, one of those instances of 'just a little too late'. We have three of his daughters that we are using in our breeding program, unfortunately none are purebreds. There are no purebred sons standing, but their is a purebred grandson standing at www.erinterra.com, and a partbred son standing at www.foxcreekfarm.com.
    I know of one purebred daughter floating around - she belongs to a good friend of mine (which is how I know about Sparrow children). I believe she is the only purebred daughter still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawks Nest View Post
    The stud at fox creek farm (Jack Sparrow) is actually purebred, just not registered because the dam's papers were lost in import or something like that.

My mom is the proud owner of two GFS grand kids, both tb crosses, one being a mare who, if she preforms well, will most likely be bred.
    Hi Hawks Nest

I bred your mom's two year old filly, Costa

Yes, Jack is purebred but the mare's papers were lost when she was imported from Ireland. I tried to help Diane and his prior owners at Rivendell Farm get the papers to no avail. Shame that he can't be used in the gene pool for purebreds.
    Fade to Grey Farm
    Eventing, Foxhunting & Connemaras
    *NEW* website:www.fadetogreyfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    Isn't his grandson Morning Glory's Ilyushin still standing - in NH I think.
    He is, and actually will be standing at Muskoka Lakes Connemaras in Ontario this season and probably next. I'm glad that Janet Rowe will be getting those lines 'out there'.
    Fade to Grey Farm

Quote Originally Posted by pegasusmom View Post
    I know of one purebred daughter floating around - she belongs to a good friend of mine (which is how I know about Sparrow children). I believe she is the only purebred daughter still alive.
    Which one is that? There are still a few alive. I know Fox Creek Farm has one, the youngest of the purebred mares still living, Circe's Foil, and her full sister (Speckled Sparrow) is owned by a family in VA. Oakfields Connemaras in VA has one purebred daughter. Trillium Sparrow and Bonhenry's Sandpiper are still around but in their 20's.

Oakfields' mare and Fox Creek's mare are producing. Trillium Sparrow had one purebred daughter by Aladdin's Denver, and Bonhenry's Sandpiper had four or five foals by Erin Go Bragh. Speckled Sparrow hasn't had a foal to date, but I think her family is considering breeding her.
    Fade to Grey Farm

1 members found this post helpful.

What an accomplishment!! Congratulations!

Hi Hawks Nest

I bred your mom's two year old filly, Costa

Yes, Jack is purebred but the mare's papers were lost when she was imported from Ireland. I tried to help Diane and his prior owners at Rivendell Farm get the papers to no avail. Shame that he can't be used in the gene pool for purebreds.
    Haha I'm surprised I didn't connect that sooner :P
    BTW, Costa (in the week that I met her before I left home again) is great. She is such a sweet girl and I look forward to working with her more next summer.

Speckled Sparrow belongs to a very good friend of mine. They were considering breeding her at one time, but she hasn't mentioned it lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawks Nest View Post
    Haha I'm surprised I didn't connect that sooner :P
    BTW, Costa (in the week that I met her before I left home again) is great. She is such a sweet girl and I look forward to working with her more next summer.
    Glad to hear, and I can't wait to see what you all do with her. I'm fortunate that she's gone to such a great home!
    Fade to Grey Farm

Quote Originally Posted by pegasusmom View Post
    Speckled Sparrow belongs to a very good friend of mine. They were considering breeding her at one time, but she hasn't mentioned it lately.
    I hope they do, she's certainly worthy of contributing to the purebred gene pool!
    Fade to Grey Farm

Glad to hear, and I can't wait to see what you all do with her. I'm fortunate that she's gone to such a great home!
    I've also met Costa, though only in "friendly baby horse in the pasture" mode. She's adorable and so friendly... seems to have a bit of ponytude, and it's funny watching her cousin/friend Skip, who is essentially a Connemara pony on stilts, get jealous when Costa gets too much attention

(Which reminds me that I need to get up to visit HN's mom sometime soon...)
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Is "sprooooiiinnnnngggggg" a word?

He's got springs in him!
    Shut up! You look fine! --Judybigredpony
    Ms. Brazil

Congrats!! Looks like such a fun horse!

he is adorable, what a jump he has too!!!
    No Worries!

Quote Originally Posted by quietann View Post
    I've also met Costa, though only in "friendly baby horse in the pasture" mode. She's adorable and so friendly... seems to have a bit of ponytude, and it's funny watching her cousin/friend Skip, who is essentially a Connemara pony on stilts, get jealous when Costa gets too much attention

(Which reminds me that I need to get up to visit HN's mom sometime soon...)
    Ahhh, yes, the pony-tude is very evident in this line (and can be seen in Owen's stadium round head flipping, 'BUT mom, I want to jump 5B, not 2!' Thank goodness his has tempered with age). Costa's little (although will be much bigger) sister can be a bit saucy too! They are very kind, people oriented ponies though!
    Fade to Grey Farm

Pictures added to our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9829068&type=1
    Fade to Grey Farm

You guys look awesome!! Love the pics and congrats
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

I particularly like the one of you guys dropping into the water. Such lovely, soft, happy, relaxed expressions on both of your faces.

"What, oh, this? This is just a big drop into the water at my first intermediate. Oh, and I'm winning. No big..."

Quote Originally Posted by Action42 View Post
    I particularly like the one of you guys dropping into the water. Such lovely, soft, happy, relaxed expressions on both of your faces.

"What, oh, this? This is just a big drop into the water at my first intermediate. Oh, and I'm winning. No big..."
    I literally LOL'ed when I saw that shot. I look like I'm watching paint dry!

I don't know what it was about that course, I wasn't overly concerned about any particular fence, I just went out there thinking we're going to enjoy this, if he doesn't handle the footing well, we'll pull up. He ate it up, and was so brave that I was able to just sit up there and navigate! Fun when it works out that way
    Fade to Grey Farm