The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking The Best Cattacks

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

growing up we had a cat named hard luck. orange tabby, male. My father found out that when you blew into his face it ticked him off but he would actually wait until you were not looking my dad did this one day, cat stalked off clearly ticked to high heaven (fur poofed, tail going a zillion miles an hour). well my dad picked up his newspaper to finish reading when the cat did a quick reining horse 360 and went 20 feet in 2 seconds. He shredded the paper and latched himself on my dad's face so that is a sneak attack! And I wish I could find it but back in the 90's the local paper did an article about a cat who did not want to be at the vet. needless to say the article went on to say that the vet wound up with a "furball hat from hell" exact words I will never forget that.

OMG the cat on the Roomba is too funny.
    \"You have two choices when a defining moment comes along - you can either define the moment, or let the moment define you.\" Tin Cup

1 members found this post helpful.

Not the best but deliberate. When I went away for three or more days, the head cat of the house would shake with fake fear when I picked her up on my returned. She didn't know me, I was a stranger. Within a few hiurs id do a regular rough house with her and instead of grabbibg my hand with claws withdrawn she'd sink them in and hold them in. Never broke my skin but she let me know she was mad that I left. After that she'd be fine.

Back in my "I Wanna Be A Vet!" days I shadowed some vets and helped with surgeries, handing the vet tools and stuff. One time he was doing a declawing and this cat was GROWLING while COMPLETELY knocked out. We're talking no response to the actual surgery, totally under. The vet started laughing and goes "Well I can see why they wanted to declaw YOU! If you weren't so mean and nasty maybe you wouldn't be here!"
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

ok trying to view the you tube video that was posted above me I went searching to see if I could find it but did not know the name. I did however come across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zATogM8p3FM

Quote Originally Posted by OBXPony View Post
    ok trying to view the you tube video that was posted above me I went searching to see if I could find it but did not know the name. I did however come across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zATogM8p3FM
    patient woman!
    I would have drop kicked that devil!

who needs a dog....
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I wanted to watch this, but watching the cat stalking the 'gator, I just couldn't. Can you assure me he doesn't become a meal? He/she is just the right size for a cat happy meal.
    Another killer of threads

Those are great!

On the first video the "self" attack is the bomb. Seriously? Your own leg is prey? That's beyond the regulation "chase my tale" attack.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Larksmom View Post
    I wanted to watch this, but watching the cat stalking the 'gator, I just couldn't. Can you assure me he doesn't become a meal? He/she is just the right size for a cat happy meal.
    he did not become gator bait!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Those are great!

On the first video the "self" attack is the bomb. Seriously? Your own leg is prey? That's beyond the regulation "chase my tale" attack.
    The leg started it!

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    The leg started it!
    Haha! And the leg being attached to the rest of the body didn't make the game less fun? Really?

The cat with the cojones with the gator. Yikes!

The black-n-whiter defending his kid against the baby sitter had a set, too.
    Last edited by mvp; Mar. 29, 2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: more cat cojones
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

1 members found this post helpful.