The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: What award would you most like to get?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cooler/dress sheet

6 42.86%
  • Folding aluminum director's chair

1 7.14%
  • Leather halter w/ engraved plate

1 7.14%
  • Leather grooming halter w/ engraved plate

0 0%
  • Saddlepad

5 35.71%
  • Quarter sheet

1 7.14%

Default Award Suggestions

I'm hoping to donate a best conditioned award to a training three day/horse trial this year in honor of my horse who passed away last year. It has a lot of meaning to me obviously because I loved my horse very much, but also because it was a venue he loved and he actually won the best conditioned award there twice. Because it's so special to me, I really want to make it as memorable as possible for the person who wins it, too. I personally was thinking a Curvon coolerfleece dress sheet in black with purple trim and purple embroidery (purple was his color, and I think I'd be the only person who would appreciate a bright royal blue sheet with purple trim in our colors). FYI Curvon is the brand that makes Baker dress sheets, so while it is on the lower end of custom dress sheet prices, I figured it would be of pretty good quality. But then I got to thinking that if the winner is like me, they already have a fleece cooler (or three), so maybe a really nice halter with engraved plate would be better. Or a grooming halter. Or something else- I'm obviously pretty indecisive! Whatever I settle on for the "big item," I was thinking I'd also find a small tote bag to shove full of my old horse's favorite treats so the horse wins something he/she really appreciates, too.

If you were to win this award, what would you LOVE to get? What is the favorite award you've won?

Also, do you like your awards to actually name the award on it? I love my embroidered cooler, but I also liked that I got a blank saddlepad once because I was able to get it embroidered with something I wanted.

I voted for saddlepad -- I always need and can use them and would LOVE to have an awesome one with the award embroidered on it, I would be so dang proud of that (I never win anything, LOL).

I already have all the blankets/sheets I need (too many!), but the halter is also nice, I like that as well, with the award engraved on it.

I voted for saddle pad. My favorite award I've won was a wool cooler that had the farm logo and name of the event on it. However, the issue with coolers is sizing. I have a pony, and apparently no one expects those to win divisions at HTs because the smallest size cooler was an 80" I still like it, but I would love it if I could actually use it on my pony. I've also won saddle pads with event logos/names on them and I like those a lot too. They're also good because they're pretty much one size fits all. I prefer items embroidered with event details than plain items I could just buy myself.
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

I'd love any of those! I actually don't like getting saddle pads because I already have so many, and if they're white, I don't like to use them anyway. Like to keep them pretty...

I voted cooler, especially if it was a useful one. The only cooler I've won is just a giant nylon rectangle so it sits on a trunk for display.