The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OMGosh!!!! I am so PROUD of you!! And you should be proud of yourself - quite a hurdle to get over as it were
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

1 members found this post helpful.

Good on you! You look great on your horse. Daughter also had a great experience scribing for Barbara Ebner, whom she had never met. If you rode in front of her Sunday a.m., please excuse the handwriting!

I think there's nothing quite so terrifying as that first ride down centerline. But so rewarding when you are all done.
    Only part of me worries...the other part doesn't believe in it.
    Wings of Desire

You are an honest to goodness rock star! Congratulations to you, your trainer, and your handsome boy You look great together!

That is fantastic!! You look so happy in your pictures and your horse is just gorgeous.

The moment of the spook is weirdly one of my favourite feelings. It is complete calm and focus, maybe because of adrenaline? Either way, it can be very useful.

Congratulations!

Default Thank you!

Thanks, everyone!! I'm still on cloud nine . Nap, Barbara Ebner was the judge I rode in front of, and she was super nice with great comments. But I rode around 1:30 in ring 5, so I'm not sure if your daughter was the scribe or not.

What a blast. I keep staring at his picture. Such a sweet boy!

I couldn't make out the hearts on my phone this AM--how cute! And I seriously love the licky picture. His personality and your mutual affection shine through those photos. And I've known Judge Barbara for an eon, and she is a terrific judge, so be proud of yourself! Have a great week walking on that cloud

Congrats on a great show.. I'm not a dressage rider but I wanted to add in my similar experiences in a different sport. I've recently taken up snowboarding which is a sport in which if you lose the confidence things end up going worse and worse and one in which speed is your friend. Of course as I'm learning, my immediate actions when things start going bad are the absolute opposite of what's going to help me. I get nervous and lean back when in reality leaning forward is what I need to do. Completely different of course, but your experiences made me think of those feelings. To get past those fears, it requires that embracing of those fears, which you did this past weekend! You rode through it and nothing bad happened! I was going to suggest that you let him open up and "gallop" a bit so you knew you could get him back from those gaits and you knew he would listen but he seems to have done that for you at the horseshow!

Good luck to you and know that everybody has gone through those thoughts and fears at some point!

Wow. Congratulation!!! By the way, you look incredibly nice on your big boy!

Nope, not my daughter, she was done scribing at noon. She's new to it, so only wants to take on one shift at a time until she sees how long she can last!

She agrees with all about Judge Ebner, said she was really nice, and she learned a lot scribing for her.

Again, congrats on a job well done.
    Only part of me worries...the other part doesn't believe in it.
    Wings of Desire