Now that I know what "jingles" means, I'm in need.
I took my girls in for pre surgery blood work yesterday as I decided to get them spayed. Got the results today an my older girls kidney numbers are really high. We are trying to get an emergency appointment with a specialist tomorrow. Please jingle for her, she seems to be ok but my vet was really worried about her numbers.
Does anyone else have experience with kidney disease? Ive already had my yearly quota of sick dogs, not ready for another one!
She is 7. Looking back on the past few weeks, she may be asking to go outside more frequently. Hard to tell if there is a change in drinking as I have many bowls of water down and a handful of Rottis
We are hoping to call the big emergency hospital where they have all the specialists tomorrow morning and see if we can get in. Ive had a great experience there with my other dog, although she goes to the cancer center.
I am just shocke though, she is eating well and acting completely normal!
Was it just one value up, or BUN, Creatine and Phos?
I second an ultrasound - you can tell a lot about kidney disease by the appearance (ie. acute, chronic, polycystic, obstructed, neoplastic, infectious etc.). Hopefully its nothing serious and a repeat sample will be normal!
Jingles for your girl. I hope she responds well to treatment. My 10 yr old dog is going through this right now. On Monday I was sure that I was going to have puy her to sleep. She has been on IV flush for 4 days now and is getting better every day.
Still at the hospital, and will be staying on IV fluids. She became feverish last night and although I was told to withhold food this morning for her appointment I could tell she wasnt herself.
Her creatine blood was 223 yesterday. Today it was 608. I dont know the other numbers, but think they werent as bad. They took a urine sample with a needle into her bladder and said the concentration was 10 10. At this point they said it could go either way, but it looks to be acute renal failure. Since we caught it right away, there's hopefully better hope for her than if we waited. She is started on antibiotics because the ultrasound wasnt conclusive for pylonephritis. They are going to repeat the ultrasound tomorrow morning to see if there are any changes.
My other girl came with her to give her support (she frequently visits the hospital as she receives chemotherapy there), and everyone is simply awesome there. Molly showed her older sister around the hospital and told her not to worry - that there are wonderful people going to look after her. But, watch her legs, as Molly came home missing one