The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    It really is. I can see a bunch of 15 year olds crying wolf, but it would be awful if it were really happening. I see a lot of stuff about the "Eq Diet", whatever that is. I don't understand a lot of it, but do feel bad for some of the kids.

Loopy... pintrest is ADDICTING. Run far and fast... although IMO it is much easier to follow from a smartphone app. I got lots of random followers on Twitter as well... mostly of the 'xxx' variety. There seems to be much less privacy than on Facebook (i.e. I can't figure out how to block people) so I do a LOT less posting (and NEVER post pictures of DD) and more reading.
    You can set your Twitter account to "private" in the settings section, which means you have to approve people before they can follow you. To block an account, you just go to their account and there's a little tab with the option to report an account as spam, block the account, etc. Most of the "xxx" type accounts are spam, and reporting an account as spam automatically blocks the account from seeing your tweets and keeps you from seeing theirs.

The sad part is that, if it really is happening, these girls/guys could seriously hurt or even kill themselves, and lead others down the same path. Very sad.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    Gah, I'm still trying to decipher the whole #hashtag thing!
    Me too. I do not get it.

I have friends who randomly put them all over their Facebook wall posts and I am lost.

1 members found this post helpful.

Hashtags are intended for search purposes. So, when there is something you want to get updates on, for example Rolex, you use #RK3DE2013 or whatever it may be. You search #RK3DE2013 and then you get all updates that people Tweet, whether you follow them or not. They are really great for news, I particularly like them when I follow court cases on Twitter.

They are used for the same thing on Instagram. You want to see everyones OTTBs?? #OTTB and all the recent pics with that tag come up.

It is really not meant for Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    Hashtags are intended for search purposes. So, when there is something you want to get updates on, for example Rolex, you use #RK3DE2013 or whatever it may be. You search #RK3DE2013 and then you get all updates that people Tweet, whether you follow them or not. They are really great for news, I particularly like them when I follow court cases on Twitter.

They are used for the same thing on Instagram. You want to see everyones OTTBs?? #OTTB and all the recent pics with that tag come up.

It is really not meant for Facebook
    Does the person posting have to type in the #OTTB for the person searching to find the information? (I assume the answer is yes, it only seems logical, just making sure I understand.)

Thanks Ginger! I'll have to do that. I can still follow anybody that's not private though right?

The hashtag thing (I think...) started on Twitter. So if I type #ilovemyhorse it turns it into a clickable link. If I click the link I can see everybody else who typed #ilovemyhorse. I don't really understand the point, but as it was explained to me, it was started by bigger companies (or tv shows, etc.) so they could see who was talking about their product/show/whatever. Then you don't have to follow everybody on the planet, but still see who is hastagging your stuff. They way I think about is like.. Willow got an 90% on her first GP test! #ilovemyhorse

If you want to 'tweet' TO somebody like say... Smartpak... you can use the @ symbol. So @smartpak has awesome customer service!

#I #don't #understand #why #people #do #this #though... drives me batty.

ETA: I posted almost the same time as trub and Jealoushe. #winning
    Last edited by Superminion; Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: noticed 2!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Thanks Ginger! I'll have to do that. I can still follow anybody that's not private though right?
    Yes, you can still tweet to people, and they can reply to you, etc. It just protects you from having tweets not directed at anyone from being retweeted or seen by people you haven't approved.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Does the person posting have to type in the #OTTB for the person searching to find the information? (I assume the answer is yes, it only seems logical, just making sure I understand.)
    Yes exactly.

So I would post: Great ride on my #OTTB today!

Here is a search on iPhoneogram (which uses Instagram pics) for #OTTB http://www.iphoneogram.com/?t=tag&q=ottb

Quote Originally Posted by GingerJumper View Post
    Perhaps the most notorious of all: 2H0t2Tr0t.

http://twitter.com/2H0T2TR0T
    OMG I hate her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    OMG I hate her!!!
    I had never seen that account before. It's awful!
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

That's got to be a wind-up account, what a horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    What's that?

Wind-up? Someone deliberately taking the rise out of people to get a reaction. I guess I can't believe that is for real, but I've no idea who that is obviously. She could be that obnoxious for all I know

Quote Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
    I had never seen that account before. It's awful!
    Ugh. I made the mistake of looking at it too. Combine the fact that she can't spell with her overall obnoxious attitude it's a double whammy of awfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Ugh. I made the mistake of looking at it too. Combine the fact that she can't spell with her overall obnoxious attitude it's a double whammy of awfulness.
    I want to find that person and smack them.

FORTUNATELY, not many people are really like that in real life. If it were more tongue-in-cheek, it would kind of be funny. Like, I think the Equestrian Betches Tumblr is hilarious. But they seem like genuinely nice people who post on there, and what they post is meant to be funny and snarky and T-I-C.

But this 2h0t2tr0t thing is just mean.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerJumper View Post
    Perhaps the most notorious of all: 2H0t2Tr0t.

http://twitter.com/2H0T2TR0T
    Wow! I sure hope this person is just pretending to be a b**tch and not being serious.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Wow! I sure hope this person is just pretending to be a b**tch and not being serious.
    Rumor has it someone found out who she actually is, but I think it's just a rumor. Isn't it awful??

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Is that like a Twitter troll?

I obviously do not have the financial backing to show at the big 'A' types of things... but please tell me that people aren't that bad IRL. It would ruin my little fantasy land if so...
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"

Is that like a Twitter troll?

I obviously do not have the financial backing to show at the big 'A' types of things... but please tell me that people aren't that bad IRL. It would ruin my little fantasy land if so...
    I don't show, but I do a lot of hanging out at WEF. And 99.999% of people there aren't like that IRL. At least from what I've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
    I don't show, but I do a lot of hanging out at WEF. And 99.999% of people there aren't like that IRL. At least from what I've experienced.
    Phew! Thanks! I WILL go hang out around there one day. It's on my bucket list.