The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Shout Out to Judy Yancey - Great Service!

Just wanted to give a shout out for Judy Yancey who has provided me with excellent service over the past year with purchasing frozen semen in Canada.
    She has been very organized and has really gone out of her way to help me out.
    Being new to this game I quickly learned how important these types of stallion representatives are to getting our mares bred without a major hassle.
    Thank you Judy!

4 members found this post helpful.

I'm in a foul mood this evening, so let me say that since she started "dealing" semen I've always thought that was the perfect job for her. She's a good business woman though, I'll give her that.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

7 members found this post helpful.

I've known Judy for over 20 years and going back to my Trakehner days..... She's about as straight-forward as you can imagine and some folks just can't handle that. In my many years of knowing and doing business with her she's always done the right thing and in many cases has gone out of her way to make sure her customers were happy. I will also say that the longer you're in business, the better your chances of running into somebody you just can't please. So I take the occasional complaint with a huge grain of salt. Thank you for all your hard work, Judy!
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

4 members found this post helpful.

I too have had good deaiings with Judy. She gave me good advice as to stallion decisions and was very organized with semen shipping.

As a business owner myself I can say it is impossible to please everyone all the time....of course mistakes will be made due to being human, personalities may not mesh and then there are some customers that are just unreasonable (PC way of saying crazy).

I think if someone has made it in the horse business this long without being burned at the stake or a 30 page COTH thread with how horrible they are they must be doing something well!
    Read about my time at the Hannoveraner Verband Breeders Courses:
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2011.html
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2012.html

2 members found this post helpful.

Like I said. She's has the perfect job NOW. My business with her was boarding a horse. Not a good experience.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Quote Originally Posted by Hony View Post
    Just wanted to give a shout out for Judy Yancey who has provided me with excellent service over the past year with purchasing frozen semen in Canada.
    She has been very organized and has really gone out of her way to help me out.
    Being new to this game I quickly learned how important these types of stallion representatives are to getting our mares bred without a major hassle.
    Thank you Judy!
    Which were the stallions you ordered frozen for from Judy Yancey? I have only used fresh to date and am interested in using frozen in the coming years, so I've been eyeing Judy's stock for a few years...Good to hear about positive experiences purchasing frozen semen from a U.S. distributor from a fellow Canuck (and newb to the use of frozen semen)!

I also had an amazing experience with Judy. I bought my Balou du Rouet semen through her. She was helpful and timely and professional.

1 members found this post helpful.

Toadie: if you please, go get your own thread if you want to air your experience. This is meant to be a nice positive thread about my very good experience.
    Tradewind: I used Grafenstolz but I know Judy frequently ships up here. It was a very easy process. Don't be afraid!

Just saw this…we first used Judy about ten years ago, and are using her now… she is a joy to do business with… always helpful, always professional… a great resource for American breeders. If anything, we value her even more now than ever before, and there aren't many in the horse business we can say that about.

I really have to add a +++ to all the good comments. I am from Canada and I had only good experience with her starting from the first contact about 8 years ago. She didn't sell me any semen then because she told me about the quality of a specific stallion I was interested in. She is honest... she might have lost a sale then but only to gain my clientele for good. I love to deal with her, only wishing she had all the semen I need!
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com
    Breeder of Royal Dutch Sport Horse

Does Judy still ship frozen semen into Canada?

Judy ships to Altagenetics in Canada - all the canadian orders combined. Then the individual customer pays to have it shipoped from Altagenetics. That saves us having to arrange an import permit, and the cost of shipping is less than 1/2. If I recall, it used to cost me about $400 to ship from the USA, but is now less than $200 from Altagenetics. Carol Austen also ships to Altagenetics, so if you are buying from both brokers, you can combine your 2 orders into one shipment from Alberta.
    Judy only sends the Cdn order once (maybe twice) a year, and I believe she was shipping yesterday or next Tuesday.
    If you've never ordered frozen before you'll find many professional suppliers, including Judy, in USA and Canada.
    Good luck.

I think I paid $60 to ship it from Alta to Ontario.

Default I dido a shout out to Judy.

Judy has been a trememdous person to work with thru many many years.
    We have had many great foals from the sires she makes avaiable to the US. Always professional and great to work with.
    Barn slave to www.stonerosefarm.com
    web slave to wwwarmbloods.com

Judy is the best!
    Whispered Wish Weser-Ems: Breeding quality German Riding Ponies!
    Standing the stallion Burberry
    www.germanridingpony.com
    www.facebook.com/HighlifesBurberry