The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default IN: Two andaulsian mares

I've been contacted by someone who needs to place their two mares as quickly as possible (says the situation is dire). They are looking for good homes and will screen people, if anyone is serious please let me know and I will put you in touch with them. Both mares are located in Indiana and if someone needed me to go take pictures/video I can probably do that. I have no extra information and I do not know these people personally.
    Lucy is 1/2 andalusian 1/2 arabian (might have papers but they would need to be transfered), she is 21. She has extensive clinic experience with Dominque Barbier (not shown however) and is experienced with dressage work in hand, parelli work, good on trails. Under saddle she knows shoulder and haunches in, piaffe, piroutte, and later work. Has been several years since she has been ridden.
    Liza is a 4yo filly out of Lucy she is 1/4 arabian 3/4 andalusian and is sired by "Pavon." She is not broke to ride but can be handled.
    I believe both mares are free.

Older Mare
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/20892581@N04/8595266913/

Younger mare
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/20892581@N04/8596366660/

Forwarded to a friend who is looking for an Andy mare.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

I know someone who would be interested in Liza . vmorrow@bit by bit training.com

Hi, do you have any more information about the person interested? Name and location?

I should add that both mares have been together since the younger mare was born, and the older mare has been out of work for 4 years and it has been at least 8 since she was in regular upper level dressage work (stopped due to lack of time not soundnesS).

Younger mare had not been haltered before she was moved but was haltered and lead in and out daily for several months, now she's living in a field with her mom. They are currently at a temporary boarding barn as the owner lost their home and pasture.

Hi,
    is the younger mare still available?

Yes, however the owner doesn't seem to be a very prompt person and has moved the horses to a place where homing them is less urgent so I am not sure how serious she is. I intend on contacting her next week to see if she contacted any of the people I sent her.