The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct. 5, 2005
    Location
    Stanwood WA
    Posts
    273

    Default

    You do have to be careful around here as there is a lot of wet stuff if not outright wetland designation. As you probably know, ok to use if already cleared but can be difficult to develop without NGPE if not.

    Wait a few years we will be ready to retire. 16 acres of pasture, 2 barns, covered arena.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug. 2, 2004
    Location
    Whidbey Is, Wash.
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Hey no kidding? How long until you retire? The ultimate COTH hookup!

    Yeah, we'd be walking a lot of property and looking into wetland, setbacks and restrictions before buying. Esp now, with the island falling into the sea! Apparently more is still going up here. Too bad for those folks with the nice homes right there. Some guy on the news said he had a five dollar house now, because the value of his property had been in the land (that wasn't there anymore...).
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

    COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct. 5, 2005
    Location
    Stanwood WA
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Hey no kidding? How long until you retire? The ultimate COTH hookup!

    Yeah, we'd be walking a lot of property and looking into wetland, setbacks and restrictions before buying. Esp now, with the island falling into the sea! Apparently more is still going up here. Too bad for those folks with the nice homes right there. Some guy on the news said he had a five dollar house now, because the value of his property had been in the land (that wasn't there anymore...).

    It's pretty scary and unfortunately not always detectable. I have a few clients with houses on high bank lots on Whidbey, Coupeville and Holmes Harbor. I'm sure they are biting their nails.

    Hey, make an offer, retirement may come sooner than planned. Just kidding but seriously, if you are in the area looking at property stop by and say hi (we met years ago at a coth get together).



  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar. 13, 2006
    Location
    On the Trails
    Posts
    3,752

    Default

    There's a place just down the street from me, used to be called "Rising Star" that has been for sale forever. It's between Marysville and Granite Falls in the Getchell area. It used to be owned by Debbie Fornier (sp?) and called Blue Heron. It has a covered arena, about 30 stalls with 2 barns, fenced pasture, small outdoor arena, grooming stalls, wash rack, machine shed, and a small house. It does need a lot of work as it's been neglected as late, but a little sweat equity and you'd have a nice place. Gated too.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    3,940

    Default

    WOW - I didn't know that place was for sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn trails View Post
    There's a place just down the street from me, used to be called "Rising Star" that has been for sale forever. It's between Marysville and Granite Falls in the Getchell area. It used to be owned by Debbie Fornier (sp?) and called Blue Heron. It has a covered arena, about 30 stalls with 2 barns, fenced pasture, small outdoor arena, grooming stalls, wash rack, machine shed, and a small house. It does need a lot of work as it's been neglected as late, but a little sweat equity and you'd have a nice place. Gated too.



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2000
    Location
    Chatham, NY USA
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Jenners, so glad you're OK. God, what scarifying pictures!
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug. 2, 2004
    Location
    Whidbey Is, Wash.
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Yep. I suspect a lot of homes will be deemed unsafe. Sad for those folks for whom these AREN'T vacation homes. I guess this proves that even though everyone calls Whidbey "the rock," it's not all rock.

    Unless you are digging fence posts. Then it is all rocks, and they are all about eight inches in diameter.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

    COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug. 2, 2004
    Location
    Whidbey Is, Wash.
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Wow, all I keep finding is a Rising Star ranch in Texas, and another one in Georgia that is big into WBs (big time, like standing five stallions...). Anyone want to scare up a link? It's a bit farther out than I think we want, depending on how far towards Granite Falls it goes.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

    COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Wow, all I keep finding is a Rising Star ranch in Texas, and another one in Georgia that is big into WBs (big time, like standing five stallions...). Anyone want to scare up a link? It's a bit farther out than I think we want, depending on how far towards Granite Falls it goes.
    Georgia is cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.



Similar Threads

  1. S.E. VA peeps....
    By ayrabz in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar. 27, 2011, 03:48 PM
  2. PA Peeps..
    By alittlegray in forum Off Course
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep. 8, 2010, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr. 24, 2010, 11:39 PM
  4. Here's one for the color peeps... AND the jumper peeps!
    By Kinsella in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Mar. 15, 2010, 09:04 AM
  5. Kentucky peeps and Kansas peeps!! can you help me?
    By yellow rose in forum Eventing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul. 15, 2008, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •