The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFigs View Post
    Honey, I can follow it fine. What's your point? Am I supposed to be impressed because your folks have been in Texas Hill Country forever? Does this make you somehow...special?

You're the one who brought it up.

So....what?
    Well, toots, seems you can't. Reread from a different POV and you'll find the answer, grasshopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Timex View Post
    Who peed in everybody's wheaties today? Yikes!
    Oh, same old, same old. Nothing new under the sun. *snork*
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Timex View Post
    Who peed in everybody's wheaties today? Yikes!
    Man, this thread has just delivered on so many levels. From the First Baptist Church of Beaverlicking to a good ol' fashioned Texas hillbilly rootin' tootin' bulletin board shoot 'em up. "Are you not entertained?"

Hey, George Jones just died. You can't expect folks from Somewherein, Texas to take that news with a smile and a howdyedo.

PS still, sorry that there was a dead horse to get it started.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    Texas, when I lived there, in and around the hill country can be both welcoming and pretty prickly. I still have family there. Family which goes back, waaayyyy back.
    All I'm noticing is prickly right now. Gone, I've read and enjoyed your posts for some time now. So take it as a friendly heads up that someone who usually enjoys your stuff thinks you seem to be throwing some shade, and I can't quite figure out why. Can't for the life of me figure out what Crone said that got your hackles up, but it sure seems that way. *tip of the friendly hat*
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

6 members found this post helpful.

right about now y'all need to be asswhacked with a dead cactus!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    All I'm noticing is prickly right now. Gone, I've read and enjoyed your posts for some time now. So take it as a friendly heads up that someone who usually enjoys your stuff thinks you seem to be throwing some shade, and I can't quite figure out why. Can't for the life of me figure out what Crone said that got your hackles up, but it sure seems that way. *tip of the friendly hat*
    Well, thanks for the tip! I have written my reply several times and can't get the words to come out like I want. Gah!! So, I'll let it go. My POV 'wasn't what Crone thought' is the easy version.
    Last edited by goneriding24; Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: .
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    About the groundwork...not that I'm a fan of CA, but as I get older, the ground work might be more important than in the past, when I used to hop on and head down the road, consequences be d*mned. Truly, I don't know what all he does, only what I've seen on RFD infomercials, but I have to do more with my guys, so "I" feel safe(r). My nerve has bebopped on out of my confidence. This isn't quite what you mean or were looking for, my POV is more ground handling is better for me. Which is one reason I bought Jackie, the Wonder Mini.
    Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Well said... I have Rowdy, the Wonder Mini at my place. He's a hoot.

I don't use groundwork as a breaking a horse tool, in as much as I use it for refining my riding horses on the ground. Some days I just don't have time to ride, or whatever. I can pull one out and do some stuff, play with the ponies. My POV has changed. It used to be bail on, ride fast... Now it's more about me & the horse, just whatever it is.
    Did that make sense or make me sound batshit crazy?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Martha Drum View Post
    Man, this thread has just delivered on so many levels. From the First Baptist Church of Beaverlicking to a good ol' fashioned Texas hillbilly rootin' tootin' bulletin board shoot 'em up. "Are you not entertained?"

Hey, George Jones just died. You can't expect folks from Somewherein, Texas to take that news with a smile and a howdyedo.

PS still, sorry that there was a dead horse to get it started.
    This just made me snort... in a good way... way to sum it up.

1 members found this post helpful.

Martha Drum, I love to read your posts. Keep 'em up. Don't ever go anywhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by CFFarm View Post
    This is what I'd consider ground work and it can become an art. Whole different animal than what the "half hour wonders" do. Pun intended.
    http://www.amazon.com/Horse-Training.../dp/1570764093

Post wouldn't have seems so strange if I had added the link back on page 22.. DUH!
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

3 members found this post helpful.

Cool Book!!

Quote Originally Posted by CFFarm View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Horse-Training.../dp/1570764093

Post wouldn't have seems so strange if I had added the link back on page 22.. DUH!
    This book has the sort of info I'm interested in now. Actually training, not mindless roundpenning and fooling around, accomplishing nothing. I have the mini training book for driving and jumping my Jacks over tiny fences. Dressage on the longe line. Oh, and by the by, he acts like he knows what he's doing already!! This is a good thing so he can teach me now!

Also, the book looks like it goes back to needing the human to read the horse, just like if you were in the saddle.