The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    I am so in the wrong business.

Just think, a bunch of students paying uber bucks, learning to train and thinking it's okay to gall a colt. Seven out of ten ain't bad in their book. I can't think of ANY horse I've ever galled in well over half a century of riding/training. I had a friend with a mare who did gall and it turned out, the mare couldn't sweat. Can't remember that that is but the cinch wasn't lubed enough to move, just rubbed. These students will be the next bunch to hang a shingle and train. Hummmph....

ETA: Also, I wonder how they (he included) figure how much a horse loses in weight that is okay.
    hey, love him or hate him...having people come do your work and pay big bucks while having others paying even more to bring the work...that is pretty good!

but I am with you on the cinch thing. The number is way to high!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

1 members found this post helpful.

I find this thread really interesting, because I'm going with several friends next week to audit one of his clinics. I've seen him before several years ago, and at that time he was great.

I agree that that lady sounds bonkers, and that his response was incredibly inappropriate (even though I can understand his frustration).

I'll bring back a full report if anything dies during the clinic ;-)
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

3 members found this post helpful.

I wouldn't pay that much money to have one of my horses trained by a student. Anybody's student.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    I don't have to put up with dipsticks, one reason I am a big rig driver, don't have to deal with whackos, can drive away quickly.

ETA: Another thing (I have a lot of them today), she started this whole shebang and now is calling people 'nosey noodles'?? Sheesh.
    OMG, you certainly did put up with the whackos with whom you have to share the road.

And you are right about the HO: She isn't very smart. It seems to me that she didn't think through diddly when she started posting about this on FB.... so, not thinking too hard about anything, she was surprised by chatter on the interwebz and surprised again when CA said "Cut it out."
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Or know that crazy, over-emotional and ignorant comes with the type of HO that butters Anderson's bread. For the love of God, the guy has made a very good living off of HOs like this. If a bit of spin-control is the price he needs to pay then it's a small one.

And the offer of a 14.1 horse whom he has ridden for 15 years (so an older horse) said to be worth $25K? It would have been another coup for Anderson. He could have one less to feed (or die on his place), do some PR and write the valuable horse off his taxes as a business expense.
    Just sat down to update this thread with a bowl of chocolate pudding and have to laugh at the unbelievably goofy response from CA on his own website -- ye gods! I have never fallen for these types of trainers, though if others take insight from them, that's all good.

But man, I almost peed my pants just now picturing his farm with the "looky-lous and sticky beaks" (his words), bulls****ers and dying horses that we don't know what they died from but we know it wasn't his fault (?), and in the background a deadly feral catfight raging in the aisle....oh me oh my it's like a crazy Dr. Seuss natural horsemanship performance piece.

And I apologize if someone else already said this, but NECROPSY NECROPSY NECROPSY!

9 members found this post helpful.

OMG, you certainly did put up with the whackos with whom you have to share the road.
    Really, I was thinking of dock workers and supervisors, dispatchers and driver managers and over the top security guards. But, you're right, on the road are the whackos. But, I had four big airhorns, just this side of legal noise-wise, and I'm bigger than the other guy. Thankfully, most of my driving has been on interstates where I can just go.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdeboer01 View Post
    Your mom's horse is FINE! Lol. The genetically inherited weaknesses of any "purebred" breed are, 99.9% of the time, recessive. Which means that with an outcross like your mom's horse, the likelihood of having a problem are VERY remote!
    I wasn't sure because the genetic problem I know most about is HYPP...

Quote Originally Posted by Plainandtall View Post
    This link to the Fenway Foundation was offered a few pages back:
    http://www.fenwayfoundation.com/index.html

I have to say that jdeboer's website is really informative and interesting and seems to contain a lot more information up front than I was able to find at the Fenway website (which may have more in depth information behind links to offsite articles) Very nice site- and beautiful horses.
    Thanks for that link - I missed it. Always good to learn new things!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Martha Drum View Post
    Just sat down to update this thread with a bowl of chocolate pudding and have to laugh at the unbelievably goofy response from CA on his own website -- ye gods! I have never fallen for these types of trainers, though if others take insight from them, that's all good.

But man, I almost peed my pants just now picturing his farm with the "looky-lous and sticky beaks" (his words), bulls****ers and dying horses that we don't know what they died from but we know it wasn't his fault (?), and in the background a deadly feral catfight raging in the aisle....oh me oh my it's like a crazy Dr. Seuss natural horsemanship performance piece.

And I apologize if someone else already said this, but NECROPSY NECROPSY NECROPSY!
    If I read it correctly, he was actually referring to Mindy when he talked about a 14.1 hand horse that he rode for 15 years. From what I have heard , and obviously I could be wrong, I think his signature horses are usually between the ages of 3 and 7 or something. I only remember that because that friend of him that sent a training horse there had considered buying a signature horse.

Quote Originally Posted by letmeride View Post
    If I read it correctly, he was actually referring to Mindy when he talked about a 14.1 hand horse that he rode for 15 years. From what I have heard , and obviously I could be wrong, I think his signature horses are usually between the ages of 3 and 7 or something. I only remember that because that friend of him that sent a training horse there had considered buying a signature horse.
    Friend of "mine", not him sorry

Forgive me if this question has been answered (I didn't read further than the first page) and I mean no disrespect for the lady's loss but what is a Fairy Knob?
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

4 members found this post helpful.

Have read through this thread with some amusement. My main question is, what on earth is a "signature horse" and why is it worth $25,000? Has Clinton trained it to make the coffee? Do laundry? Clean the dishes? I could buy an FEI prospect for that money.

11 members found this post helpful.

The appropriate word for animals is NECROPSY! An autopsy is what is done on humans.

That is all.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CFFarm View Post
    Forgive me if this question has been answered (I didn't read further than the first page) and I mean no disrespect for the lady's loss but what is a Fairy Knob?
    It does conjure up an x-rated image of little naked guy fairies! (Well, it does to me, anyway).

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by microbovine View Post
    The appropriate word for animals is NECROPSY! An autopsy is what is done on humans.

That is all.
    Not to be a fusspot, but I've never understood why the need to have a different word for humans. It's the same dang procedure; did someone think it somehow denigrated dead humans to use the same word?

This does not keep me up nights - just wondering.

And how come it's called necrophilia and not autophilia? Inquiring minds...

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Not to be a fusspot, but I've never understood why the need to have a different word for humans. It's the same dang procedure; did someone think it somehow denigrated dead humans to use the same word?

This does not keep me up nights - just wondering.
    I always thought it was autopsy because one species was performing it on the same species. Necropsies are performed by one species on a different species. So if a horse did it to another horse it would be an autopsy!

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    It does conjure up an x-rated image of little naked guy fairies! (Well, it does to me, anyway).
    Yeah. I do have to admit, I thought it sounded a bit dirty.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Caol Ila View Post
    Have read through this thread with some amusement. My main question is, what on earth is a "signature horse" and why is it worth $25,000? Has Clinton trained it to make the coffee? Do laundry? Clean the dishes? I could buy an FEI prospect for that money.
    But the guy's on TV! That's all it takes.

1 members found this post helpful.

I know you like cranky, but don't you think he's sh!tting on the type of person that has made his career?

Crank away toward nasty people who have never done you a good turn... but CA's relationship to this kind of HO isn't that. He hasn't earned the right to get publicly pissy at this kind of owner yet.
    The thing is, these kind of people will just eat this up. They like to be treated as inferior, they like their idols to be cranky. It just makes him all the more untouchable.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    some places people are not much older when they get grandkids
    I really should not be laughing out loud like this in a middle school library!