The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBreeze View Post
    She deleted all her posts, except for this one

"Dear All,
    Clinton called and asked me to please stop mourning for my horse on facebook. And I will honor his wishes. 10,000 nosey noodles contacted him.
    No more shares or comments please. Thank you."

Yes, I'm sure he was mad that you were mourning your horse. I'm sure those were his words exactly.
    Sounds like someone got a cease and desist...

5 members found this post helpful.

Would I send my horse to a trainer who said I couldn't see it for 6 weeks..Hells no,
    Buuuutttt Magikal fairytale lady KNEW that was his practice, I am sure she read his website, and most likely signed a contract stating all of the stuff on his page. If she didn't like it, she shouldn't have sent him there.
    Railgirl.blogspot.com

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jdeboer01 View Post
    The horse very, very likely died from an aortic rupture -- sadly common on the Friesian breed. It's quite sad she didn't have a necropsy done because there are people in the Friesian world who would have paid for it. The Friesian people are trying to collect a database and develop DNA markers for the genetic issues in the breed. She could have helped. That sucks.
    Y'all are making me want to have info in case something happens to my mom's half Friesian. (Whose feathers are shaved and mane and forelock are cut - she was purchased for her excellence as a trail horse and higher-headed build, as a lower headed horse like most good trail QH you can find in the area tend to freak Mom out.)
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

I just want to state how highly disappointed I am the the majikal fairy horse owner and any associated house guests have not shown up. What is this board coming to?

37 members found this post helpful.

Well, I bet that was a libel lawsuit threat on the phone, not a "please stop, ma'am."

And good thing too...dear lord the tossing of curls and wailing from the lady. . I made it like two mouse scrolls before closing in disgust.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I just want to state how highly disappointed I am the the majikal fairy horse owner and any associated house guests have not shown up. What is this board coming to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

Sorry about the poor quoting of other posts, I'm still practicing using multi quote and brought these together.

She now says CA "told [her] he had been tied out low to graze for two hours. When the academy student came back to get him he was laying down and was dead."

“No we chose not to necropsy him. It doesn't really matter how he died. We do not plan to sue about his death. So the knowledge of how he died would serve no real purpose. He will laid to rest at the Downunder Ranch. We were told he was hobbled and turned out to graze and two hours later he was found dead. No signs of thrashing (like a colic) but something quick like a heart attack or aneurism. I just hope he didn't suffer. He will be greatly missed.
    March 11 at 8:28pm •”

“I have total faith that Clinton and the academy students know what they are doing and that I will bring home the horse of my dreams.”

Poor fool of an owner.

Boot Camp:
    One Size fits none; a program that was an obvious hazard to a horse with known Friesian metabolic differences compared to other breeds: why would a professional NOT take that into consideration in working with such a horse?
    –but apparently outspoken and charismatic appearing to some justifies that “Trainer”

Tied out low –or- hobbled and turned out to graze?
    Obviously unsupervised/ watched as he was ‘found’ 2 hours later.

Accident? Or bad judgment call by the ‘student’ trainer?

Poor horse.

“In fact, I even offered the owner a Signature Horse free of charge. I went above and beyond to try to help her through the grieving process. A Signature Horse, with all its training, is worth $25,000. She declined the Signature Horse because she said the horse was too small. I had a horse picked out for her that was 14.1 hands high, and she didn't feel like a horse 14.1 hands high was worth having even though it was free and is worth $25,000.”

Oh, My.
    Too bad she didn’t say yes, I’ll take it: CA, please sell the horse and I will accept the cash minus your commission – would have been at least $10,000 net on a horse ‘worth $25,000’ right?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    Y'all are making me want to have info in case something happens to my mom's half Friesian. (Whose feathers are shaved and mane and forelock are cut - she was purchased for her excellence as a trail horse and higher-headed build, as a lower headed horse like most good trail QH you can find in the area tend to freak Mom out.)
    Your mom's horse is FINE! Lol. The genetically inherited weaknesses of any "purebred" breed are, 99.9% of the time, recessive. Which means that with an outcross like your mom's horse, the likelihood of having a problem are VERY remote!
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability

This link to the Fenway Foundation was offered a few pages back:
    http://www.fenwayfoundation.com/index.html

I have to say that jdeboer's website is really informative and interesting and seems to contain a lot more information up front than I was able to find at the Fenway website (which may have more in depth information behind links to offsite articles) Very nice site- and beautiful horses.

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Me too!!
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

Sum'un send wave-tossing lady a linky...anon, of course.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Also, now we may know why CA really hit back in his letter to da public. This isn't the first time gnashing of teeth lady had him in her sites, I'll betcha. He KNOWS this lady!

Is anyone else just amused that his ranch is the DUH Ranch?
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

23 members found this post helpful.

I put my green broke pony in training two days a week. Let's see, $4500 gets me 15 months of training. The trainer is down the street, she rode my pony for the first month and I was there for each lesson and she explained everything she was doing. Now she rides one lesson and I ride the other. He's improving each week. No girth galls! I don't care how wonderful the trainer is, I'd rather have a year's worth of lessons than a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Oh hell no.

This is why I think “30 day” programs, colt starting clinics, and the rest of this big money, big industry, signature product, DVD packaged, “horsemanship” is a terrible idea.

Do you know how many LESSONS can be bought with $4,500?! A whole bunch – enough that you could learn the skills to train a horse yourself!

Riding a young, or green horse to the point it is galled is NOT okay – it is how ever a great way to teach a horse to associate the saddle with pain, and end up with one that is “girthy” for the rest of its life. Yes, green horses can get easily galled – it is yet another reason out of many to take it SLOW when starting a horse.

And not able to visit? Again OH HELL NO – way too many reasons to list for this.

The owners are suckers, it is too bad that they usually just have to pay with their pocket books, it’s the horses that have to suffer through this “boot camp”.

1 members found this post helpful.

We had a waterline break at the house yesterday. And we had grand children over to spend the night. So we had no water. It made it feel like living in the 1800's here on the farm. They did really well. And it wasn't really much in the way of roughing it. Steve turned the water on for us just before bed so we could brush teeth, wash hands and use the potty.
    Kids left after we made a big farm breakfast of eggs, sausage and pancakes. They helped gather eggs, feed animals and Steve turned water on again to fill horse troughs and water our veggie garden.
    He is now in the process of digging up the broken waterline and repairing it. Unfortunately it is under the house and one of my huge thorny roses.
    I love my grand kids to pieces. But kids are sure a lot of work. I am happy we can give the parents a little break every now and then.
    This woman has grandkids and post about all things "magikal", unicorns, and fairies? Good grief, I thought she was 15 or so, by the way she writes.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Callmeacab View Post
    This woman has grandkids and post about all things "magikal", unicorns, and fairies? Good grief, I thought she was 15 or so, by the way she writes.
    some places people are not much older when they get grandkids
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by SanJacMonument View Post
    I guess some of us teach or horse verbal commands like "stand" and "back" and "Good girl". I knew a TWH that got tangled in wire and stood like a pro while she was clipped out of a trail riding situation but she knew the word 'stand' and was a quiet horse to begin with.
    That is good, IF you're there. In my horses case, no one was there to tell her to "stand" and "back" and "good girl". Hobble training probably saved her. We don't know how long she stood there quietly waiting.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

4700/month to run a horse over poles and back them into water over and over and over and over and over and over.

He's a jerk, she's a moron, but he's made a blooming FORTUNE at the DUH school of horsemanship. Mate.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    4700/month to run a horse over poles and back them into water over and over and over and over and over and over.

He's a jerk, she's a moron, but he's made a blooming FORTUNE at the DUH school of horsemanship. Mate.
    Holy crap, I just looked up the cost of the Academy for the students(the ones actually training the horses)....$10,000!! That's just for the fundamentals program. Unreal. This guy is a marketing genius.
    OTTB CONNECT
    FB group for all things related to non racing Thoroughbreds.. Click here to join ~~~> OTTB CONNECT

I am so in the wrong business.

Just think, a bunch of students paying uber bucks, learning to train and thinking it's okay to gall a colt. Seven out of ten ain't bad in their book. I can't think of ANY horse I've ever galled in well over half a century of riding/training. I had a friend with a mare who did gall and it turned out, the mare couldn't sweat. Can't remember that that is but the cinch wasn't lubed enough to move, just rubbed. These students will be the next bunch to hang a shingle and train. Hummmph....

ETA: Also, I wonder how they (he included) figure how much a horse loses in weight that is okay.
    Last edited by goneriding24; Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Yep, more to say.

4 members found this post helpful.