The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I got the confirmation e-mail that my stuff is shipped and the key to the "big" mailbox (and of course, the stupid thing won't work!!) today. I don't think that it's the whole order since there is no way that a saddle will fit in that box, but I can't think of anything else it might be. I have to wait until Monday for maintenance to come open the stupid thing for me. So close... but yet so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by joiedevie99 View Post
    Well... I got the the first half of my order, which was supposed to be a Schumacher horse sized double bridle, black, rolled leather. What I got is a Schumacher double bridle, but its not rolled. It has white padding on the noseband and browband, and appears to be cob sized based on measurements. I'm going to have to call them on Monday.
    Joie, the rolled bridle I ordered stated the pic was not representative and the caves son would be the white one - don't know if that applies to your item but just wanted to give you the heads up.
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

I used to be their biggest fan! until I got an order of saddle pads that I got a really good deal on and was going to use as Christmas presents for the girls at the barn...

they were all seconds, had pulled out or missing stitching, some of the bindings weren't all sewn correctly. I called customer service and she said "What exactly did you expect for $4.99 each?" um, a saddle pad I can give as a gift?? duh.

I did end off with a refund, but really, what customer service says that??!

a few other incorrect orders, not receiving items, AND the IMO too high shipping, I go elsewhere now.

1 members found this post helpful.

Masters of bait and switch and the website could give you a migraine. I swore off years ago...
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

2 members found this post helpful.

I got a confirmation that the boots I ordered have shipped. Reading everything here, if they don't fit I'll just sell them or pass them to someone else, I don't think returning it would be worth the hassle. When someone mentioned the insurance and the added expenses, I realized while they price products lower than everyone else, they make that back up with the added shipping, insurance etc. I really don't have a big issue with that IF the customer service etc is top notch. I just hope the boots I ordered fit.

Just got an email saying my order is ready to ship. So farm so good.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Well, I was told my stuff shipped Friday, and was provided a tracking. On Saturday, three items out of like 7 arrived. So I figured the rest would roll on in today. I chatted with a CSR. She said my stuff was shipping today FedEx and would come tomorrow. Which leads me to think they messed u and forgot to ship the entire thing Friday. So, hoping I see it tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by drmgncolor View Post
    When I see threads for great deals from this company (Horseloverz), I run the other way. I'd rather give my money to a company that has good CS and values me as a customer after dealing with their CS department.

I'd be very interested in the explanation of the missing $30.
    Same here. While I love saving money as much as anyone else, I'd rather support a company that values good customer service (like Smartpak!)
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo

well I did get my box today and everything in it was as it was supposed to be. The coat is oddly shaped. While it's big in the waist, it won't button over breasts, and I am not overly well endowed. . .and it's tight in the upper arms, although the sleeve length is great. It's a really pretty coat, so I'm going to see if it fits better after I lose a few pounds. gold medal bridle, it is nice and proper size.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallycairn View Post
    Joie, the rolled bridle I ordered stated the pic was not representative and the caves son would be the white one - don't know if that applies to your item but just wanted to give you the heads up.
    Yeah- It said that on two of the three rolled bridles. I bought the one that didn't say that, as I wanted rolled leather. I spoke with them today, and they apologized and said I should ship it back, but they did not have any left so couldn't send the right one. I asked about the Sprenger curbs that said they would ship in a second box, and found out they weren't in stock and will never ship. So...I ended up with nothing from the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by joiedevie99 View Post
    Yeah- It said that on two of the three rolled bridles. I bought the one that didn't say that, as I wanted rolled leather. I spoke with them today, and they apologized and said I should ship it back, but they did not have any left so couldn't send the right one. I asked about the Sprenger curbs that said they would ship in a second box, and found out they weren't in stock and will never ship. So...I ended up with nothing from the sale.
    I PMd you.

Quote Originally Posted by cholmberg View Post
    well I did get my box today and everything in it was as it was supposed to be. The coat is oddly shaped. While it's big in the waist, it won't button over breasts, and I am not overly well endowed. . .and it's tight in the upper arms, although the sleeve length is great. It's a really pretty coat, so I'm going to see if it fits better after I lose a few pounds. gold medal bridle, it is nice and proper size.
    If you got the jacket for cheap enough, it might be worth having a tailor fix it up for you.
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

Double post.
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by sublimequine View Post
    If you got the jacket for cheap enough, it might be worth having a tailor fix it up for you.
    I don't think even the most skilled tailor can add fabric over the chest if there isn't enough. I think the key is going to be me losing 20 pounds or so, which I'm set to do anyways. the tag says $275. I bought it for $65, it says pure virgin wool and it has very nice lines. Just odd that the only place I have issue with is the upper arm/chest area. But once I lose 20 pounds, the waist that already fits will need to be taken in some. I'll keep it as my motivation to get my a** to the gym more often. that and a boob smoosher bra.

but I can see that it will look -fantastic- on me, so I'm reluctant to sell it.

I got an email saying my order shipped and a tracking number. So far, so good.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Just thought I would report back. I placed 2 separate orders. I have received everything but one bridle, including what was described as a "white lined caveson with white browband." I took a chance that this was a headstall and it is, quite a lovely one for $39 though the browband is not white-lined, just the caveson is. The leather is very nice. It is not labelled with a size and it looks smallish, but I have horses that wear horse and cob sizes so it will work for me even if smaller than expected.

The bits are all as described (I got a happy mouth pelham, a french "butterfly" pelham and a happy mouth full cheek). The bell boots are fine. The most pleasant surprise was the 2 crops I ordered -- they are lovely and as nice as very expensive ones. I paid $3 and $4 respectively for a 20 inch and 24 inch jumping bat, so very pleased there.

I have shipping confirmation on the last bridle (received today), so it looks like I will get everything I ordered this time. It is always a question with horseloverz but sometimes worth the risk. (My last experience taught me to only order things from them that are a name brand I know, because the "house" stuff is cheaply made IMO and breaks within a couple of uses). Sometimes the deals on name-brand goods are too good to pass up, though.

My box showed up at the door today too, just as the rep said that it would. The only thing that I didn't get was DH's helmet, but I knew that it would be a different shipment.

I'm pretty happy with the quality of everything, minus the saddle. It was supposed to be new, but it's pretty clearly seen better days. I wasn't really surprised though, and at $150 I figured it would work out as a spare. There's also no way that it is a 17.5" seat, as it's small on me and I normally ride in a 16". Hopefully it will fit the OTTB until I can save my pennies and buy a nice one for her.

I didn't order anything else huge, but the bridle was a lot softer than I thought it would be. I just bought it for schooling, and while it doesn't look like it's going to hold up like my 'fancy' bridle, I'm okay with that because it was $12.

Everything else is great! They even sent me my three free halters! Can never have enough breakaways! I'm am wishing I had looked at clothes a little bit more, but alas... just gives me something to look for next time, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Got my stuff today with no problems.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

I got most of my stuff today without an issue
    My major score was a 3.99 cotton sheet, which is actually really cute and will definitely be good for cool days on the trailer.
    I also got my free halters and they are actually better than I expected.
    As long as I get the rest of my order soon, I'll be pretty satisfied.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56...psc7fb5078.jpg

I always have good experiences, in fact usuallyarrive quicker then i expect, but i love equestriancollections more as they have a better selection
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!