The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The insurance really bothered me too. Maybe I am too used to ebay but items damaged in shipping are not the buyer's responsibility. It's up to the seller to decide if they want to insure or not, and perhaps issue the occasional refund.

It is definitely a red flag though that they are not going to be easy to deal with should anything arrive damaged.

I placed my order yesterday morning and it arrived today! I didnt get too much though. A saddle carrier, wrap eqck, some extra haynets, cheap reins(that really look cheap no netter how much they were originally priced at) and gloves. I should have bought the neck cradle, but I got spooked with the extra charge, but honestly when I was going to be paying 3.99+4.00 extra shipping I should have just done it. Hopefully I will never need one or I may kick myself over it.

My order arrived this afternoon! Placed it yesterday at noon. I have to say, that's great service. I got a knock-off Happy Mouth pelham for our pony, a pony-sized sweat sheet, some lovely cloth napkins, 5 pairs of small bell boots, a puffy saddle pad, a lip strap for the bit and a buckle guard for my new to me saddle. Oh, and two fly masks. Under $75.
    blogging at HN: http://www.horsenation.com/
    check out my writing: http://jeseymour.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Got all my stuff today too. Everything was packed nicely and so in love with the little Collegiate leadline saddle I got! I place a couple orders every year from them and never had a problem.

I've recently placed and received orders from them with no problems, but I just discovered that my order that they cancelled (for the rolled Schumacher) due to a "glitch" (according to the chat cs rep) is available again. Hmmm... I'm wondering if the super-low prices on the bridles and saddles were a mistake on their part? They now say I can complete my order for $170+, rather than the $49+ from yesterday. Anyone else with cancelled orders having this issue??

Quote Originally Posted by DancingFoalFarms View Post
    I've recently placed and received orders from them with no problems, but I just discovered that my order that they cancelled (for the rolled Schumacher) due to a "glitch" (according to the chat cs rep) is available again. Hmmm... I'm wondering if the super-low prices on the bridles and saddles were a mistake on their part? They now say I can complete my order for $170+, rather than the $49+ from yesterday. Anyone else with cancelled orders having this issue??
    Yes, they cancelled my order due to this "glitch" but the saddles are still available...just for more.
    Well isn't this dandy?

I called today as I had not gotten a confirmation email. She said my order was packaged and ready to be shipped tomorrow. . . and confirmed what was in it. She said I could return the coat if it did not fit, was very nice. But still nervous about what is going to be in that box, I've heard too many stories of substitutions.

Their pricing is just too weird. I've been eyeing one of the Gold Medal jumping saddles because my first jumping saddle was the same model. 15 years later the poor thing is ready to kick the bucket and I'm a nostalgic girl. Yesterday they were around $450. Today they are back to $1500. Newsflash. Libertyville sold them for $995 (I remember because I kind of blew my horse fund on it as a kid, lol, and they never went up). Dear Horseloverz: they never were, nor will they ever be a $2500 saddle!

Wow, sad, I've always had the BEST service with them. I always go to them for smaller, cheaper stuff! Recently my package was stolen, I emailed them the whole story not expecting anything, they emailed back they would see if they would honor those items w/ the BOGO that was going on when I purchased them, or find me a different deal. They honored the BOGO and reshipped my items.

Sad you guys got awful service

1 members found this post helpful.

OK, my status now says the order has shipped, so I'm feeling a lot more positive!

I got an email confirming my bits shipped yesterday, with a tracking number that says the box is in transit. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed!
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

I buy from Horseloverz all the time, including the Libertyville sale where I got some great stuff (gorgeous wool cooler - $15). While drop shipping items sucks (it took a while to get a Sportote trunk, but I expected that and planned accordingly), I have never had any problems with my orders, or CS. I highly recommend the live chat option that I have used several times and found very helpful.

Amy

"I decided I am going to live, or at least try to live, the way I want,
    with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure."

Have had mixed results with them, ordered a pair of tall boots for DD and after 2 weeks of nothing, called and was told order was cancelled, thanks for that. Then won 2 shirts off the auction section, I already had the same shirt these were different colors, when I received them they were clearly mis-labled, as they were not the same size as the original shirt I had and they weren't even the same size as each other, sent them back, it took about 2 weeks but I did get a refund. I currently placed an order on Monday, not related to the big sale, haven't received any shipping confirmation although my account shows it has shipped. Fingers crossed.
    "They spend 11 months stuggling to live, and 25 years trying to die" my farrier

"They are dangerous on both ends and crafty in the middle"

Order still showed as "preparation in progress" this am when I log on to my account but I was able to get a rep on the chat who said it already shipped. Turns out, however, it was minus one item that the "warehouse" is still trying to find. I'll keep an eye on that as they certainly charged me for the full order, so I'm due a refund if the "warehouse" is unable to locate that last thing.

I've generally had good experience with horseloverz in the past and just know that I'm getting horseloverz-grade service not Nordstrom, so I have low expectations.

After reading this thread, I got nervous and emailed them about my order. Just got a response which said my order is due to be shipped Monday afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

I have just resigned myself to the fact that if the order sits for a few days, you have to light a fire. Yesterday they told me they were waiting on something from the warehouse that was coming Friday. Today they said the lead time is 5 days. So they offered to ship the rest of the order.

Keeping my eyes on the page to see if the stuff ships today.

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    I've generally had good experience with horseloverz in the past and just know that I'm getting horseloverz-grade service not Nordstrom, so I have low expectations.
    This.^ And I'm SHOCKED that some people have gotten thier orders the NEXT day! I NEVER order anything I need quickly, they have the slowest shipping of any company I've ever ordered from (to Idaho at least). I plan on a good 10 days to 2 weeks from the day I order to receive my items, but prices are good as long as you know the quality of the brands you buy. I've sent back some "good deals" that were total garbage but have gotten great deals on name brand items.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

I got my bridle yesterday; it's a little dried and has some cracks but should clean and condition up ok. It's worth the $47.90 I think, so I'm happy.
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

Well... I got the the first half of my order, which was supposed to be a Schumacher horse sized double bridle, black, rolled leather. What I got is a Schumacher double bridle, but its not rolled. It has white padding on the noseband and browband, and appears to be cob sized based on measurements. I'm going to have to call them on Monday.

I'm remaining cautious that the rest of my order is out there. I only got half of it today. And none of the stuff I was super excited for!