The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I only ordered one of the Schumacher bridles; FWIW I did get a confirmation email yesterday, just after I ordered, and a "your order has shipped" message today, with tracking info.

I did call and place my order with a CS rep, though -- first to double check on the bridle size and second because, frankly, I thought that doing so might ensure my order went into the system quickly, before all the bridles were sold.
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

I had an AWFUL experience the first time they super saled the libertyville stuff. They simply never shipped my order OR refunded my money OR contacted me. Took 8 WEEKS to get my money back and had to go all the way to the president of the company to get it. Never again.
    ~Former Pet Store Manager (10yrs)
    ~Vintage Toy Dealer (rememberswhen.us)
    ~Vet Tech Student
    Mom to : 1 Horse, 4 Dogs, 3 Cats, 6 (Former) Stepkids

Quote Originally Posted by shayaalliard View Post
    I had an AWFUL experience the first time they super saled the libertyville stuff. They simply never shipped my order OR refunded my money OR contacted me. Took 8 WEEKS to get my money back and had to go all the way to the president of the company to get it. Never again.
    I paid for my order with Paypal for this very reason. Paypal is pretty good about protecting their buyers.

I just did a live chat with a CSR because my payment was deducted from my checking account, but wasn't marked as shipped. I ordered 3 bits and some bit guards. They said the bit guards were in a different factory and they were waiting on them to arrive before shipping the entire order.

They offered to ship the bits now and ship the bit guards next week when they arrive in their shipping center, no extra charge to do so. I did save a transcript of the chat, just in case...
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

This is starting to make me nervous, y'all!

I did get an e-mail confirming my order, but nothing saying that it's shipped yet. They deducted the amount from my bank account though.

Just went back and checked on my order, and one thing does say that it usually ships in 7 days. Everything was same day or 2 days. I did notice that everything was back to 'normal' prices... no more super cheap deals... *gulp* here's hoping that they honor the prices they told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

So, can they charge you before they ship?

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    So, can they charge you before they ship?
    They did to me, and if I read sublime's post correctly, her as well.
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    They did to me, and if I read sublime's post correctly, her as well.
    Yeah, they charged me before shipping anything, which is why I chatted with one of their reps.

If I don't get a shipping confirmation email today, I'll chat with another rep tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    This is starting to make me nervous, y'all!

I did get an e-mail confirming my order, but nothing saying that it's shipped yet. They deducted the amount from my bank account though.

Just went back and checked on my order, and one thing does say that it usually ships in 7 days. Everything was same day or 2 days. I did notice that everything was back to 'normal' prices... no more super cheap deals... *gulp* here's hoping that they honor the prices they told me.
    Just noticed that too. One of the bits I bought isn't on the site anymore, the other two are significantly higher prices now.

Well, if they deducted from your bank account that means you already paid for the items at the reduced price. They can't charge your bank account again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    Well, if they deducted from your bank account that means you already paid for the items at the reduced price. They can't charge your bank account again.
    That's what I'm hoping!

Just checked on both my recent orders and the site says they have shipped. No tracking info nor a shipping email. I can't remember if I got that last time I ordered from them (which was last July). In either case, I have copies of the invoices in case things go awry but I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Last edited by LadyNeon01; Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by sublimequine View Post
    That's what I'm hoping!
    Agree!

Mine still says "preparation in progress" and no e-mails. In the past, I've always gotten e-mail confirmation on an order. Might not notify me of shipping, that seems hit or miss, but at least something to confirm the order. That's why I thought it odd this time, but seems more common than I thought. Live chat wouldn't work for me this morning, so I sent them an e-mail asking what's up. I'm sure they'll be right on it .

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Mine still says "preparation in progress" and no e-mails. In the past, I've always gotten e-mail confirmation on an order. Might not notify me of shipping, that seems hit or miss, but at least something to confirm the order. That's why I thought it odd this time, but seems more common than I thought. Live chat wouldn't work for me this morning, so I sent them an e-mail asking what's up. I'm sure they'll be right on it .
    Live chat wasn't working for me this morning either, but it's did just now.

She confirmed that my order is due to ship Monday afternoon! Just waiting on DH's fancy new helmet to ship from the warehouse. She was wicked friendly, if that means anything.

Still no report on my missing $30. My $12 Vogels did ship, but they better not have tacked on EIGHTEEN DOLLARS to ship them, or I will be royally pissed off.

They haven't responded to my email, waiting for a live chat rep to appear now.

For what it's worth...I got an order confirmation and they did charge my account before sending the "Sorry you don't get your stuff" email.

They said mine is set to ship tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

I placed an order yesterday, did not get a confirmation email, but it is marked as shipped. It shows a different form of payment from what I used though. And yeah, the prices are totally different today.

Here's my chat transcript about my missing $30. I'm really, really unhappy with this company and despite being satisfied with prior orders from them, I will absolutely not be shopping with them again.

13:06:00 GoForAGallop: Hi, I have an order (1560462) that I was partially refunded for...$57 through Paypal. What I want to know is why I was refunded less $30? I know the boots shipped, but they were only $12, there should not be another $18 of shipping.
    13:06:35 Operator Mal joined the chat
    13:07:01 Mal: Sure, one moment while I check
    13:09:37 Mal: The shipping was $5 base, plus the boots had an extra ship charge of $9. The remaining $3.99 is actually from the shipping insurance. Did you want this removed?
    13:12:16 GoForAGallop: An extra NINE dollars to ship the boots? I don't remember that from my order, just the extra shipping for the saddles. Also, I'm looking at other field boots on your website right now, and they either have no additional shipping charges, or they have an extra $3-$4.00 charge.
    13:12:56 GoForAGallop: I'm really unhappy with the way that this order was handled. I would like the $3.99 removed, absolutely, and quite frankly I'd like at least half of the extra shipping charge removed.
    13:13:08 Mal: It was listed on the product page as $9. I can probably adjust it down to $5, but I really wouldn't be able to go lower than that
    13:13:39 GoForAGallop: $5.00 is more acceptable. And yes, please remove the shipping insurance.

As I said to the rep...a NINE DOLLAR "overweight" fee for a pair of field boots??! PLUS the $6.00 shipping?!

To be fair I went and searched "field boots" and I wasn't lying when I said literally all the other boots on the site are $3-$4 "extra" fees.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Here's my chat transcript about my missing $30. I'm really, really unhappy with this company and despite being satisfied with prior orders from them, I will absolutely not be shopping with them again.

13:06:00 GoForAGallop: Hi, I have an order (1560462) that I was partially refunded for...$57 through Paypal. What I want to know is why I was refunded less $30? I know the boots shipped, but they were only $12, there should not be another $18 of shipping.
    13:06:35 Operator Mal joined the chat
    13:07:01 Mal: Sure, one moment while I check
    13:09:37 Mal: The shipping was $5 base, plus the boots had an extra ship charge of $9. The remaining $3.99 is actually from the shipping insurance. Did you want this removed?
    13:12:16 GoForAGallop: An extra NINE dollars to ship the boots? I don't remember that from my order, just the extra shipping for the saddles. Also, I'm looking at other field boots on your website right now, and they either have no additional shipping charges, or they have an extra $3-$4.00 charge.
    13:12:56 GoForAGallop: I'm really unhappy with the way that this order was handled. I would like the $3.99 removed, absolutely, and quite frankly I'd like at least half of the extra shipping charge removed.
    13:13:08 Mal: It was listed on the product page as $9. I can probably adjust it down to $5, but I really wouldn't be able to go lower than that
    13:13:39 GoForAGallop: $5.00 is more acceptable. And yes, please remove the shipping insurance.

As I said to the rep...a NINE DOLLAR "overweight" fee for a pair of field boots??! PLUS the $6.00 shipping?!

To be fair I went and searched "field boots" and I wasn't lying when I said literally all the other boots on the site are $3-$4 "extra" fees.
    I don't get their overweight/heavy item fees. Like I said, their puff saddle pad had a heavy item fee on it, too. In what world is a saddle pad a heavy item?

Glad you got at least some of your money refunded. Mal was the rep I spoke with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimequine View Post
    I don't get their overweight/heavy item fees. Like I said, their puff saddle pad had a heavy item fee on it, too. In what world is a saddle pad a heavy item?

Glad you got at least some of your money refunded. Mal was the rep I spoke with as well.
    I don't get them either. But I am aware of them when shopping, and do look...which is why I really don't believe that there was a NINE DOLLAR one on the field boots....particularly when ALL the other boots on the site are less. Wouldn't I remember a NINE DOLLAR extra shipping fee? I think so.

The boots are still a good deal ($25 for Vogels) but I'm really soured on Horseloverz.