The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Horseloverz Customer Service Fail

Unfortunate that I have to post this so soon after my thread about their good sales...

I got an email this morning from Horseloverz informing me that my order had been cancelled as there was a mistake in the pricing.

Now, as I said on my other thread, I was going to be surprised if I got the saddles. (Three for $80.)

But that was the end of the email. "Your order has been cancelled." No consolation prize of a %-off coupon, no offer to sell the saddles to me at the correct-but-slightly-discounted price if I were interested, nothing.

I am slightly annoyed by their lack of proper apology for THEIR mistake in the ADVERTISED prices, and told them so in the email.

Edit: They also refunded my account, LESS $30. Waiting on the email response for why that is.

1 members found this post helpful.

It did seem strange that some of the saddles in the sale were $11.99 and such. Hope they have a good explanation for the $30 difference.

I have had awful experiences with Horseloverz Customer Service. They sent me a training device that I needed ASAP (and therefore paid for express shipping) that had a defect that made it somewhat usable but not perfect. I emailed them asking to send a replacement and the replacement had the same defect (despite the manager's assurance that he would personally check it over!). So frustrating, especially considering there was no offer of fixing it after the second defective piece.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    It did seem strange that some of the saddles in the sale were $11.99 and such. Hope they have a good explanation for the $30 difference.
    Strange, yes, but I've gotten $300 Rambo blankets from Smartpak for $15.99 before, in their blowout sales. Figured Horseloverz was sick of holding onto all this Libertyville stuff and wanted to just move it.

I'll also take a moment to note that when Smartpak messed up their inventory tracking, and I had an order canceled, they said "So, so sorry, here's a $20 gift certificate."

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

When I see threads for great deals from this company (Horseloverz), I run the other way. I'd rather give my money to a company that has good CS and values me as a customer after dealing with their CS department.

I'd be very interested in the explanation of the missing $30.
    Dreaming in Color

3 members found this post helpful.

Oh great. Maybe that's why I never got an e-mail confirming my order yesterday. It still shows on my account when I log in, but guess I won't count on getting any of it so I can be surprised if I do!

ETA: Just checked online and it shows as "preparation in progress" - whatever that means. Maybe they are trying to find the items and ship them, or maybe I'll find out they don't have them. I'll wait and see!

Isn't that called bait and switch or something? Thought they had to sell stuff at the advertised price...?

The last time I ordered through them I had quite a few problems and decided I wouldn't use them again. They had a big sale and I ordered a couple of leather halters, a few saddle pads, a wool cooler, and an english breastplate. After a few days, they informed me there was a mistake and the halters were not available and I could either choose to refund the money or order something else. By this point in time the sale was over, but I looked anyways. Halters I had ordered were still listed as available,(and still are to this day) only they were now regular price They wouldn't honor the sale price because they had sold too many at that price - good customer service should honor the price if the order was placed and they have the item in stock! The saddle pads shipped, but seperately. I got two, but never saw the third. The breastplate arrived very dry and moldy. The cooler is beautiful. I have to say the customer service was excellent at keeping me updated, refunding my money, and answering my emails, but the whole experience was such a hassle I don't think I'll do it again.

I haven't had a confirmation email from them for an order I placed yesterday. I'm not feeling full of hope about this!

Apparently they've been pulling this trick for a long time, I stopped purchasing from HL a couple years ago for this exact reason.
    Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will.

Well crappola! I ran right over to the site after the OP's post and ran up over $100.00 for goodies I've long salivated over (including a beautiful bridle). But I haven't seen a confirmation email either, and after reading your posts I have a sicky sinking feeling

I guess if it seems too good to be true....I always seem to learn this lesson the hard way. Unfortunately, I forget the lesson every time pretty horsy stuff is dangled before me. Oh woe!
    HRMT

atr, I haven't received a confirmation email on either of my two orders. One is just regular stuff I needed before I knew about the sale. That order is still being processed according to the site. My other order of sale stuff that I placed last night says it has shipped. But no notification of that either. Who knows what is going on with them, just as long as I get my stuff or don't get charged for things I don't receive.

Well, gee, all these posts would've been helpful YESTERDAY. (lol)

Well, darn. I just ran up a big order; in fact, I just posted about all the great deals I got. I did get a confirmation email, though, so I'm holding my breath...
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

I pretty much hate Horseloverz, but they do have the best prices on some of the stuff that I really like (like the $13 tuffrider basics pads that have the nice flannel backing).

and I've gotten pretty fed up with most of the ERS drop shippers, so I guess these guys are my go to now, sigh.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I really hate how difficult it is getting to buy horse stuff online.

They just cancelled my order for the Schumacher rolled bridle too

Well, I haven't gotten conformation or my order yet, but I'm not worried. I've ordered from them a bunch of times and always gotten what I ordered and it was good stuff.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Unfortunate that I have to post this so soon after my thread about their good sales...

I got an email this morning from Horseloverz informing me that my order had been cancelled as there was a mistake in the pricing.

Now, as I said on my other thread, I was going to be surprised if I got the saddles. (Three for $80.)

But that was the end of the email. "Your order has been cancelled." No consolation prize of a %-off coupon, no offer to sell the saddles to me at the correct-but-slightly-discounted price if I were interested, nothing.

I am slightly annoyed by their lack of proper apology for THEIR mistake in the ADVERTISED prices, and told them so in the email.

Edit: They also refunded my account, LESS $30. Waiting on the email response for why that is.
    Lawyer types - isn't this a violation of the Fair Trade Act?
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Has anyone gotten their stuff from this sale? I have a Macel dressage saddle and other nice stuff sitting in my online shopping cart but I'm not sure if I'm going to check out considering what I'm reading here . . .

I haven't ordered anything for this sale, but I will say that I have successfully received orders from them before. Never received a confirmation email from them. First time I panicked, but after 4 orders that arrived safe, I don't freak out.

I can't attest to their CS, though, as I've never had to deal with them. If they're as crappy as they sound....not cool

2 members found this post helpful.