The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Not to reinvigorate this thread, but I declared admiralty law and decided the name Daytona is just not a good fit...so barn names are still up for debate but I think he needs a name that is a little goofier. He will probably come in without a name for the time being.

His vetting is thursday and I am VERY excited.

What about Ricky Bobby?

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alterageous View Post
    Not to reinvigorate this thread, but I declared admiralty law and decided the name Daytona is just not a good fit...so barn names are still up for debate but I think he needs a name that is a little goofier. He will probably come in without a name for the time being.

His vetting is thursday and I am VERY excited.
    I don't think you need a 'barn name' ahead of time. Wait until horse does something worthy of a nic name or barn name. Right now my favorite critter is going by Pork Chop. Cuz she fat. My other favorite goes by Bertasaurus. His original barn name is Bert, but he bombs around the field like an enraged T-Rex.

1 members found this post helpful.

I am so jealous that you are getting Halfway House! I wish he had been available when I was horse shopping as I have a height maximum of 15.3. Although my CANTER OTTB and I are very happy, there is just something about Halfway House's face that is just so adorable and friendly looking.

Have fun picking his barn name!!! I love naming animals

2 members found this post helpful.

As I have been reading this thread (and admiring Halfway House!), I thought that the name "Halfway" didn't really sound like a barn name. What about "Alfie?" You can kinda sorta get it from "Halfway" but it's more like a barn name.

Good luck with him!! He looks like such a nice horse....the exact type I would want for myself if I was looking! It also sounds like he's got an incredible mind and work ethic and those are the most important things.

Vetting completed and passed-- so it's officially official and he will be in his new home April 20!

8 members found this post helpful.

Congrats! You are lucky to have him, and he you.

Yay! Congrats
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alterageous View Post
    Vetting completed and passed-- so it's officially official and he will be in his new home April 20!
    Congratulations!!!! I think you'll have a lot of fun with him.

And I thought it was so funny that you had to nix your husband's barn name choice, "Daytona". My husband wanted to give my new pony his barn name. He came up with "The Dude." I finally convinced him that it wasn't a good choice by telling him how awkward it would be to say "Good boy, The Dude." Yikes!

Why don't you go with your husband's theme to appease him and think of car racing terms, race car driver's last names, car brands, motor oil brand names, etc. I always love a good name with a story.

P.S. My new boy is only 14 h (and growing, just a bit). Mark me down as another fan of the small, compact package. Not only do they eat less, are easier to put together (no long backed horses for me!), but they are also closer to the ground.

I'll be watching DixieRumble and here for those 15 hh Canter Cuties! Congrats to Alterageous!
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

I second Ricky Bobby, if you hubby likes that movie.
    I like Alfie, too, since an Alfa Romeo is a small, zippy sort of car.

Hey, what about Cooper as in Mini Cooper for a barn name? Tho actually I thought Daytona was cute, too.
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

Bumping this because Halfway should be in his new home now! Please give us an update. I hope he's as awesome as he looked in his ad and videos!

He arrived yesterday and she told me he has settled in great.

We did get him out to his first show (TB Festival) and since the shipper was delayed I borrowed him for a paper chase as well (benefit Mid Atlantic Horse Rescue). If you haven't seen the pictures from his first show you must check them out. He only had 2 months of training and had just started over fences but he was a total professional.

http://dixierumble.wordpress.com/ (scroll down for show pics).

I do love all the CANTER horses but some just really end up being my kind of ride. I am actually partial to the smaller compact horses that ride like sportscars. He is just so catty and fun to ride. I miss him already!

He is here and I am working on getting a picture that doesn't make me look deranged as we speak...

Here he is in his new home, having gotten the instagram treatment. We have not perfected standing still, so this is the only one that wasn't a horse-shaped blur.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...22814574_n.jpg

Default He's Sold

So there you are...