The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    The 'adoption application' is kind of obnoxious. I am sure that always turns folks away. I think you have to keep horse for a year before you can resell? Lots of strings/hurdles to jump over are going to make it harder for CANTER to sell-adopt the horse.

Did you actually just reply and call one of the best thoroughbred rescue/placement organizations in the country obnoxious while completely misrepresenting their sales contract?

Someone's obnoxious and it ain't the CANTER contract. You're an idiot.

33 members found this post helpful.

I much prefer a smaller horse..I am small, middle aged, in average shape with old inuries...however, I also prefered a smaller horse when I was young, thin, brave, and a really good rider. I hope this lovely horse finds a home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbritches View Post
    As always....if I could afford to shoe another horse....
    With the cost of shoes in my area, farrier school has crossed the minds of a few horse owner I know!

FYI the punctuation mark at the end of this sentence is called a question mark. For those who don't understand

Noun
    A punctuation mark (?) indicating a question.
    Used to express doubt or uncertainty about something: "there's a question mark over his future".
    The view from your pedestal must be fantastic. Hope you don't fall off.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

13 members found this post helpful.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Goodness.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by currycomb321 View Post
    Did you actually just reply and call one of the best thoroughbred rescue/placement organizations in the country obnoxious while completely misrepresenting their sales contract?

Someone's obnoxious and it ain't the CANTER contract. You're an idiot.
    I said the application process was obnoxious. I guess you can read but not interpret the words....

Refer to the def of a question mark I provided if you are confused.

Takes one to know one, as far as I can tell.

I love the video on this page. The rider is nice and soft, and Halfway just toodles around the ring http://dixierumble.wordpress.com/201...as-a-new-home/

He looks like he has a great mind!

----> this is me not engaging with idiots.

13 members found this post helpful.

With the cost of shoes in my area, farrier school has crossed the minds of a few horse owner I know!
    I pulled a shoe off a boarder's horse this afternoon....still can't walk normal. Farrier school is NOT on the horizon for me!

I think Isabeau has narcissistic personality disorder?
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

17 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
    I think Isabeau has narcissistic personality disorder?
    Clearly?
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

14 members found this post helpful.

I agree?

If one is going to take a slap at an exceedingly popular and well run organization that does wonderful things for track horses, it would behoove one to have a firm grasp of the facts first.

Add me to the list of people who like smaller horses though I'm not particularly small or weak or timid myself. Were I in the market, a horse like Halfway House would be my choice hands down.

7 members found this post helpful.

I looked at the application, it really is NOT that difficult. I felt I could fill it out in maybe 10 minutes. Plus it says in bold, that you can sell, lease, transfer the horse.

I actually think that the form shows they care about the horses. I would be more concerned if they just sold the horses, no questions asked (that seems to often lead to bad endings, No?). For an experienced owner, the application is a no-brainer, for a new horse owner, it will make them think about what they are getting into.

The CANTER mission is not to sell as many horses as quickly as possible, but to get horses into the right new homes.

15 members found this post helpful.

+1

Right on, Mags!

I realize this may be a bit off topic, but how on earth does the obesity crisis translate into people needing bigger horses? An overweight person who is 5'1 does NOT need a 17h horse. They would do just fine on a stocky 15h QH or the like.

A better idea: instead of spending extra money on a horse who is 17h, how about focus on weight loss and then buy a more appropriately sized horse?

Then again, I was momentarily confused by this punctuation mark: ?
    Thankfully Isabeau was here to enlighten me!

11 members found this post helpful.

Another member of the Halfway House Fan Club... he's tempting me something terrible! (It does not help that I'm pretty nearby, too... and the latest post from Wye Island is killing me - soooo close....)

Hey, not to take away from the Halfway-love, but if you're a fan of the smaller TBs, there's a little red girl (Finger Lakes alumna) over on the Racing Board who's in serious need of an upgrade: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...dway-sstardust
    Her original listing on FL Trainers List is here: http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=414

I keep telling myself that I need a second horse like I need a hole in my head, but it's getting harder and harder...

Soloud--we work with people who have not had a horse in a while by speaking with small animal vets etc. Go ahead and apply, or email your situation Many many great homes have not owned their own horse yet, and we don't like to turn those away if it would be a great fit.
    As for the rest of the thread--a whole lot of funny, a whole lot of great info, and a wee bit of obnoxious. Wow!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWeather View Post
    Soloud--we work with people who have not had a horse in a while by speaking with small animal vets etc. Go ahead and apply, or email your situation Many many great homes have not owned their own horse yet, and we don't like to turn those away if it would be a great fit.
    As for the rest of the thread--a whole lot of funny, a whole lot of great info, and a wee bit of obnoxious. Wow!
    Thanks!

Should I just email the address for CANTER owned horses on the contact us page?

Hey, what is Halfway's barn name? Halfway? Something else? He seems like such a personality boy.
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

His barn name should be "Hubba-hubba" because that is what I say when I see his video!