The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I usually purchase my long sleeve polo shirts in the men's department at JCPenney. They have a nice selection of colors and they are often on sale. I currently have black, white, burgundy/red, dark purple, teal, gold. Another type of shirt I have used are rugby shirts. Some are striped, but you can also find solid colors with maybe a different color collar.

Try Aeropostale, on sale there polos are less than $10 and are really long so they stay tucked in. I also like the ones from Walmart, they are about the same price but they aren't as long and after a while they fade and look trashy.
    Princess: evil first pony, Patch: RIP my baby girl, Lucky:I miss you, Molly:be good for your new kid, Charisma: my current project

Those of you who have purchased polos from aeropostale, what size are you? I would guess I am an M - I'm 5'8 and 120lb. Small to average boobs, but not shoulders. Does that sound right?

I went up a size...I normally get polos in small from Old Navy & J Crew. I ordered medium from Aeropostale.

1 members found this post helpful.

Walmart men's department, inexpensive and durable.

1 members found this post helpful.

I hit the IZOD outlet and bought a bunch of golf shirts and I absolutely LOVE them. I even bought a couple of them on ebay. I especially like the technical fabrics that wick sweat...I want to wear them all of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Chezzie View Post
    I went up a size...I normally get polos in small from Old Navy & J Crew. I ordered medium from Aeropostale.
    Thank you. I was kinda getting the feeling that I should order up a size, not sure why. I guess it seems more 'girls' than 'women'. The sizing measurements aren't always very accurate so it's nice to hear from other people.

Update on some of the shirts in this thread:

So, I checked out the Aeropostale site, and ordered a couple, went up a size, and when I tried one, I could hardly get it on. I would have to buy XXL. Uh, no thanks. They were stretchy and long enough to wear with low rise, but size and color wise, definitely teenage. Which I am not.

Then, while ordering some stuff from LL Bean for DH, I checked out their clearance stuff, and there were polos on sale. I got one just to see. It is much more generously sized than the TH ones I have, not baggy or anything, just roomier. And they are plenty long, lightweight, and stretchy. Two thumbs up.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!