The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I used to pick up Aeropostale polos when they were on sale... cheap, lots of colors, and just a tiny stitched logo (or the uniform kind, with no logo). Horze also makes several inexpensive, minimally logo'd polos. Éce Equestrian makes conservative, tasteful shirts as well if you'd like to splurge a little. I have several, and wear them for showing and schooling. They recently came out with a polo shirt as well
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

I always get mine from a Tommy Hilfiger outlet. I like them as they carry long and short sleeved ones and they are shaped at the waist, and they have nice, solid colours....oh, and cheap (I can usually find them for $15 plus buy a 2nd at 50% off)
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

I must be in a shopping mood. I love your picture PNWjumper..... and the shirt is purdy. It's fun being well turned out but a bit of a twist to it. I like to be a bit different but not over crazy done.

I think at the recent horse show I was the only one not in tan Taylored Sportsman breeches... I ventured out and wore my Animos to show in...

I went to Dick's Sporting Goods today and they had several on sale... however the one I had to have was white with flowers inside. It reminds me of the show shirts with the colors inside...

I got this one....

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...lickid=prod_cs

It has hydro-dri fabric so we will see how it will handle our HOT California weather this summer.

Good ideas on the Tommy Hilfiger outlet stores etc. Thanks so much for all the ideas....

I plan to ride A LOT this summer - yay hoo...
    Train like you have never won and show like you have never lost!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    cool weather ones? LLBean makes a long sleeve polo, no logo.

Otherwise, I am cheap and I buy the short sleeve ones at Old Navy...
    If you like more coverage (longer tails), and real sleeves that come near the elbow instead of those icky little "cap" sleeves and feeling shrinkwrapped, buy Men's. I buy my riding polo's at Brooks Bros. when they have their half-price sale in August. They're totally indestructible. They use better, heavier fabrics in Men's, too, and more riding-friendly colors.

1 members found this post helpful.

I swear by Riders (as in the Riders brand you get at Walmart) Ultimate Polo which is about $8.00. Great feel, moisture wicking, super comfortable, slimming, comes in a ton of different colors, and CHEAP. What more could you want? I have several super expensive polos made for riding specifically and HATE the feel/fit of them compared to Riders.

Quote Originally Posted by AllEars View Post
    I swear by Riders (as in the Riders brand you get at Walmart) Ultimate Polo which is about $8.00. Great feel, moisture wicking, super comfortable, slimming, comes in a ton of different colors, and CHEAP. What more could you want? I have several super expensive polos made for riding specifically and HATE the feel/fit of them compared to Riders.
    Must check that out for sure... WOW $8.00! I wont feel bad when my horses use me as their napkins......
    Train like you have never won and show like you have never lost!!!

Ditto Bean and Lands End polos. Now that I'm not going to work every day, I rarely wear anything other than a polo or a turtleneck.

I hate those stripes/huge logos. Not my style.

Whoever mentioned Tommy Hilfiger is totally right. They are the best riding polos in cotton. They are long, wear well, and have a mini logo. They also have cute details like little ribbon accents at the splits on the sides. I have an outlet near me and I stock up. They also have a bunch of colors, I think I have six shades of purple as it is my event color.

For technical fabric I go to Ross or TJ Maxx and I stock up on Nike or NB polos that look like gold type polos. Sports Authority near me also has quite a selection on sale in conservative styles and colors.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

I just ordered some Aeropostale polos for under $10 a shirt. Everything on their website is 50% off, and clearance is another 30% off.

The regular priced polos are $9.80, and the uniform ones with no logo are $7.80. The clearance colors came out to $6.86.

How's that for a steal of a deal??

Lands End. Duluth, if you like long ones.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

I get my polos for my business from the companies that supply to embroider's. These are plain, well fitting, and they have mens and womens styles, with the women's having just a little less boxy shape. One of my suppliers has a great advanced wicking fabric now available. Do you have any custom Embroiderer shops near you? They should be happy to order/sell you the shirt with out any emboirdery on it.

Default Yes, I'm 51 and finally found some

Look for ladies golf or tennis shirts. They're everywhere in Florida, I think the ones I got are "Nuvo" or something like that.

They are light weight, do up nicely and look like an adult is wearing them.

They are however, not cheap.

Default JC Penneys and LL Bean

LL Bean ones are pricier, but the material is nicer and holds up well.

JC Penneys, sadly, no longer makes their sleeveless version (at least, they didn't last year). They were a bargain. And meant less of a farmer's tan... ;-)

Yep, I was going to suggest Dick's golf or tennis sections for wicking polos. I also have the Outback Ice polo and love it! I see they've also added some different Ice options, too...
    http://www.outbacktrading.com/shop/c....aspx?catid=49
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Great thread! I have been looking for exactly this. I don't want the highly branded polos that are all the equestrian brands seem to sell at the moment. I want something plain and neutral. IMO it looks more professional and less brand-whorey.

I bought one of these in green the other day and really like it. The embroidery might be a little young for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by AllEars View Post
    You beat me to it! I discovered these last year, and I'm in love! I think I have one in every color. The only down side is that it is so easy to just grab one during a Wally World trip! And they hold up great- aren't they made by Lee?
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

Those etsy shirts are cute. My issue with all the budget brands I've bought over the years is that they are all too short. I bought one in Germany last summer for a great price, and after the first wash, it was midriff-baring. Um, not at my age.

I measure the Tommy's for comparison to the etsy shirt, and it is 26 inches long from the highest point of the shoulder next to the collar down to the hem.

You're lucky you live near an outlet.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe726 View Post
    You beat me to it! I discovered these last year, and I'm in love! I think I have one in every color. The only down side is that it is so easy to just grab one during a Wally World trip! And they hold up great- aren't they made by Lee?
    Yup! Riders by Lee. GREAT polos. No logos.

I LOVE the American Eagle ones. I got one last spring and just kept adding. I have one in almost every color now
    "People who think their brains are not worth protecting are probably right!"
    - quoted by Martha Drum

Ooh.. this makes me laugh!
    I saw the the lovely Horseware polos (with the stripe etc..) that looked great in the advertisements.

They are great if you are young... I am not..

I have two. Very nice, very expensive shirts. I really like them , however my fashion sense is not always spot on (to say the least) and I think that most likely, when I wear them,I look like an over aged polo, soccer, or rugby fan.

I did buy them because they were not knitted fabric they are nice durable cotton. Next time I'll leave off the stripes!