The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Big labbish dog found near body of companion. HOME needed!

My friend found a pair of dogs in Tonasket, WA—one dead after being struck by a car, the other stiff and sore but working out of it (perhaps he was hit too?). When she called the vet who had issued their rabies tags, she learned that the owner had died and his son had not wanted the dogs. Looks like they were dumped. Local AC is full up.

The surviving dog is a big (100+ lbs) neutered male lab mix who appears good with children and other pets and has been perfectly well mannered in and out of the house. She thinks he's 6-8 years old.

Facebook photo at this link: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...23973785_n.jpg

Please spread the word! My friend now has SIX dogs in the house, after keeping the last three that were dumped on her rural lane. She absolutely cannot keep him.
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Aww didgery, he looks a fine boy doesn't he. Hopefully he can find another family. People who dump animals sadden and disgust me; I always think of the Cats in the Cradle song and hope like heck that karma has time to pop in and deliver a few messages. Not that it helps this boy.
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

1 members found this post helpful.

awww...poor babe.........he looks like a really nice dog......

I am so unskilled at listing links, but here is a place that may be helpful to list him at........

HGS...........just do a search for that, and pick the option for horse grooming forum............go to the rescue/adoption topic, and at the very top, it lists its sister forum, the dog forum....there is an adoption/rescue thread there..i know several folks that post there are located in your neck of the woods......

If you were not so far away my father would be all over this boy Although if I could afford to miss work and the gas from NC to WA I would be there like yesterday

What a handsome fellow. Does she have a facebook link that she wouldn't mind sharing (maybe create a public facebook page just for this guy)? Let us know and I know I will be glad to share.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I'd love to share as well on facebook...and I have a friend or two in WA. Ask her to share away..
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Awwwwwe! He looks awesome, such a good boy . Labs are my favorite and he's a nice one!
    I'm in Florida, and have room but no dollars to transport

He dumped his daddy's dogs? To die on the road? The COTH curse be upon him

I hope he finds a soft place to call home with good folks who will love him forever and keep him safe.

I need to win the lottery.
    HRMT

I know quite a few people in Washington, have a link I can share on facebook?

Thanks guys! I will find a public link to share.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Aww, I love him!!! Lab mixes are the best :-D. Hope he finds a permanent home soon, and your friend is awesome for keeping him for now.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...r&notif_t=wall

Here's a public Facebook link. Please feel free to share!

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I would also post this on Giveaways!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Good tip!

I just shared on FB (I'm in SC), but four of my WA state fb friends already picked it up and reshared. Here's hoping he finds a great home soon.
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

Cannot help with rehoming (hope a good home is found soon!) but the son....needs a slap for not taking care of his late Dad's dogs.
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

2 members found this post helpful.