The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by themarchcat View Post
    she feels like it is my fault for having mares when I knew she was getting an intact colt
    Now that is amusing.... not good amusing, but amusing.

WTF. How dare you want to use your property how you want to....

1 members found this post helpful.

Your one mistake (and I believe I read all your posts OP) is that after 1, MAYBE 2 times, you should've called the Sheriff to come get the colt. Not the owner. I've been dealing with similar crap for 15 years. The Sheriff told me even though I knew who the horse belonged to he couldn't take her back to them, but had to "impound" her. Of course after about the 5th time of my idiot neighbor having to go bail out his lonely filly after she broke my fence, he got another horse. That was fine for awhile (except for the obvious neglect of now 2 horses instead of just 1). Well surprise, surprise the 2nd horse is a pregnant mare who, of course, has a colt. He was never gelded and ran loose with the original mare, and his mother for 5 years. No one got pregnant , but we had to continually upgrade the hot wire because my gelding and the stud had way too much fun together.

About 3 weeks ago all 3 horses, and the horse trailer, disappeared. I'm hoping they were sold, and aren't coming back, but I'm afraid of what was in store for them.

There's a lot more to this story that I won't bore you with, but don't talk to your neighbor any more!
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Well...maybe you could geld him, but then hang the testicles on your fence, so it'll look like a fence accident that tore them off...

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Well...maybe you could geld him, but then hang the testicles on your fence, so it'll look like a fence accident that tore them off...

Great plan.

Quote Originally Posted by themarchcat View Post
    Thanks again everyone, this matter has been discussed and she feels like it is my fault for having mares when I knew she was getting an intact colt (WTF!!!?!?) -.- I'm compiling pictures (yes I did take some yesterday and then the first (or second cannot remember) time he decided to join my horses) of everything, as well as, trying to find every livestock and equine law for Texas and our county, that way I have sure facts/laws to back up my words if it comes to it, which it most likely will. If this cannot be figured out in a civil way, for sure we'll take her to court. Beyond ridiculous and I'm overly fed up with her and her animals at this point! She said that she would fix the fence, and if they're not fixed to how they were before she moved in with her damaging horses in a short timely manner, words will be exchanged, but I've been told to not talk with her at all for the time being. I'll try to keep things posted =/ So far I have found that our county is closed range, meaning livestock owners are responsible for keeping THEIR animals properly contain on THEIR property, not the other way around (keeping other animals out of OUR property), which we are following the law as our fences keep all of our horses contained. Currently trying to get that in a written statement from some sort of authority so, again, I can have a hard copy of the actual law.

editing to say that when we had a breeding stallion on this exact property, not ONCE did he ever get out or bother any other livestock. He was properly housed in a tall, pipe fenced paddock.
    I had that one nailed.

What a nutter. She must be so outraged to find out that it's her responsibility to take care of her animals
    Lucy (Precious Star) - 1994 TB mare; happily reunited with her colt Touch the Stars

After reading all this, I just went to my neighbors facebook page and thanked her for being such a wonderful neighbor. OP, good luck!
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe