The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sublimequine View Post
    I was going to get a reversible puff saddle pad (the ones filled with polyfill), and they were going to charge me extra for "heavy item shipping". Last time I checked saddle pads aren't excessive in weight. All I ordered was bits and a set of bit guards.
    That's one of the things in my cart - an extra $2.40 for shipping that pad.
    blogging at HN: http://www.horsenation.com/
    check out my writing: http://jeseymour.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4cornersfarm View Post
    That's one of the things in my cart - an extra $2.40 for shipping that pad.
    Yeah. Makes no sense! I didn't REALLY need the pad anyways so I took it out.
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by 4cornersfarm View Post
    That free shipping code wouldn't work for me either. I think it might be for orders over $250. Looking at my cart full of little things, I don't know if I want to pay $7.50 for shipping.
    My order was just over $300 and it didn't work for me. *pout*
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    My order was just over $300 and it didn't work for me. *pout*
    Maybe it can't be combined with closeouts?

^ That was my thought as well... in the scheme of things, $9 was NOTHING to ship what I got (saddle, bridle, leathers, irons, bits, whip, reins, helmet for hubby, and misc other junk that I don't really need but I couldn't pass up) so I didn't argue too much. Although I'm a little bit nervous I won't see it now!
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    ^ That was my thought as well... in the scheme of things, $9 was NOTHING to ship what I got (saddle, bridle, leathers, irons, bits, whip, reins, helmet for hubby, and misc other junk that I don't really need but I couldn't pass up) so I didn't argue too much. Although I'm a little bit nervous I won't see it now!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for your order AND mine!

1 members found this post helpful.

OH and I got the 2 new halters for free. Those are going in my trailer...always need halters and bell boots.

I ordered one of the Otto Schumacher double bridles, and two Sprenger curb bits. I got a notification that the bridle shipped, and the bits would follow in a separate shipment.

There was $5 flat rate shipping when I ordered. Then I used the free shipping code and got that $5 off.

Their shipping times are so odd. I double checked and most of my items say in stock, or will ship in 3 days. So here's to hoping I get my stuff in a semi-timely manner!

I really wish I needed something because those are some great deals. I just can't find anything that I need or desperately want.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    Their shipping times are so odd. I double checked and most of my items say in stock, or will ship in 3 days. So here's to hoping I get my stuff in a semi-timely manner!
    Where were you able to check when your items would ship? I just looked up my order but all I could find was the invoice.

I looked up each individual item again, and underneath the "add to cart" it says if its in stock, or when it might ship. Honestly I find them to be shaky at best in terms of accuracy, though.

It let me put the bridle in the cart but then when I checked out they were sold out. Not sure if it was a glitch or if someone had faster fingers than me.

I did get a bunch of studs and the shipping boots though. In some shopping karma, my horse destroyed a shipping boot about 4 hours later . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Beam Me Up View Post
    It let me put the bridle in the cart but then when I checked out they were sold out. Not sure if it was a glitch or if someone had faster fingers than me.

I did get a bunch of studs and the shipping boots though. In some shopping karma, my horse destroyed a shipping boot about 4 hours later . . .
    Did you tell your horse new boots were on the way? Never tell them that! LOL!

I placed an order yesterday and it shows up on my account when I log in, but I never got an e-mail confirmation, which I find odd. So we'll see if I actually get anything. I do wish that they would just add the "extra shipping" in to the price of an item so it wasn't so deceptive. Like a stall chain for 3 or 4 bucks, but you have the fine print of $1.80/each extra shipping. I get so annoyed by that, but know to watch for it with horseloverz.

1 members found this post helpful.

I ordered a few things, I had a bad experience with horseloverz on ebay, we'll see what arrives in the mail, and when it does. They had a coat in my size, if that thornbury brand doesn't run very big or small.. . which is surprising, since I need a long and they aren't easy to find, but for that price I'll take the risk.

I bought a bunch of stuff including a new bit for $12, 3 pairs of bell boots which I go through fast, new spurs, a crop, a few grooming items, 2 shirts, a cheap schooling bridle, etc. It wasn't hard to get the order up to $100 and thus the free halter. $5.00 shipping, and I got oodles of useful items. The liquidation sale wasn't the only great part. The shirt sale was really nice, too. I didn't even get through all the open box items...I don't need to spend all day shopping!

Thanks for the link!
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

I just wanted to say, just got my $25 Gold Medal breastcollar -- and it is LOVELY. I'm so excited, thanks so much again for the tip!

I got my stuff, but the free halter I was supposed to get did not come. Oh well... it was going to be an extra for the trailer. The bridle is nicer than I expected for $20! The fly mask looks huge, so even though my guy has a big head I think I will give it away. The shipping boots seem fine, I hope they fit. All of my stuff arrived the day after I ordered it, so extremely happy concerning shipping.
    Impossible is nothing.