The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Back in the saddle, I too found the descriptions to be wildly strange for some of the Schumacher bridles, which may be why they hadn't sold. For that price, I figured I'll use whatever shows up in the mailbox. I ride at home so if it turns out to be hideous, no one need ever see it! The leather quality should be there, which is what I am concerned about in a "home" bridle.

Exactly why I decided to try it as well.

I got the "Otto Schumacher German round bridle flash - Brown." The photo was smallish and the bridle shown on a horse, but it appeared to be a very normal round raised snaffle bridle. For $47.90. We shall see!

I may use it on my chestnut horse, actually. Then I can semi-retire my awesome old Stubben to show use only and use the black Bobby's dressage for the new bay beast. Yes, I own exactly two bridles.
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

So was the rolled one, the only one for sale? Did anyone buy a black one?

Thanks for the thread. While I didn't find any sale bargins I did find a pair of field boots for everyday riding! Hope they fit.

That's the one I ordered too, Scaramouch. We shall see! Dev.R, there were quite a few options yesterday, including black, but they come down when they are all sold.

Wah, I really needed black! Anyone want to sell me their black one? Or I will trade for the brown one I bought? Was there a black rolled one?

I just talked to Horseloverz about the brown bridle I bought and when she opened it up, there was no patent leather. If anyone has a black one, I will buy it off of you for a little extra!

I gave in last night and bought the burgundy shipping boots. Couldn't find anything else I needed/wanted. But having a spare set can't hurt, right?

1 members found this post helpful.

RSVP dressage letters for 8.99! Wooo!
    glimmerling

Member Appaloosa lovers clique

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNeon01 View Post
    I gave in last night and bought the burgundy shipping boots. Couldn't find anything else I needed/wanted. But having a spare set can't hurt, right?
    I was going to post that, and had a set ready to go in my own shopping cart. I have two sets already (and one horse) so didn't buy them. Glad you did!
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    I got a long sleeve white show shirt for $7. How can you beat that???
    I also got free halters and free shipping!

FREEFANSHIP250 for free shipping
    15FANSOFF150 for $15 off $150
    The free shipping coupon isn't working for me. Anyone else try it?
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by sublimequine View Post
    The free shipping coupon isn't working for me. Anyone else try it?
    It didn't work for me either, but I only paid $9 for premium shipping... so I can't complain!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    It didn't work for me either, but I only paid $9 for premium shipping... so I can't complain!
    Yeah I only ended up paying $8 or $9 for shipping, too.

I hate Horseloverz... I've had nothing but bad experiences with them... but I really wanted to get a handful of bits for my filly to try, and I was able to get 3 bits and bit guards for $30. We'll see if my order ever actually shows up at my door now, or if they'll randomly cancel it or just never ship my stuff.

Oh no! That's no good... I placed a HUGE order through them, but it was just too good to pass up on ALL the stuff I needed for the new beastie. Literally, everything... fingers crossed here!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

That free shipping code wouldn't work for me either. I think it might be for orders over $250. Looking at my cart full of little things, I don't know if I want to pay $7.50 for shipping.

My order shipped same day with everything I ordered!
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

I just checked my tracking info and it says mine has already been delivered! I can't wait to get home.
    Impossible is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 4cornersfarm View Post
    That free shipping code wouldn't work for me either. I think it might be for orders over $250. Looking at my cart full of little things, I don't know if I want to pay $7.50 for shipping.
    I was going to get a reversible puff saddle pad (the ones filled with polyfill), and they were going to charge me extra for "heavy item shipping". Last time I checked saddle pads aren't excessive in weight. All I ordered was bits and a set of bit guards.

I have to buy a TON of stuff for the new guy. He can wear cob sized..unlike Irish horse that was oversized. Nothing from old fits new. Bell boots - 2.59. He goes through bell boots quickly.