The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default DEALS AND STEALS: Horseloverz Liquidation (Schumaker bridles for $40!)

Didn't post until I got my own order in.

But Horseloverz just put this link on their Facebook page:

http://www.horseloverz.com/12112-Lib...op-Liquidation

80% off the rest of the Libertyville stuff.

I got three saddles (all Gold Medal, made in England, wool flocked) and a pair of Vogel tall boots for right around $50. Add an extra $30 for the overweight item shipping, and it's still a killer deal.

Now, whether I will actually get all these items (as is a common flaw with the Smartpak super closeouts..) remains to be seen. But my order went through!

3 members found this post helpful.

Just an additional post to say that it seems like their inventory software is up to snuff, because some of the items I bought are now removed.

Thanks for posting this! I got 2 bits, a bridle, shipping boots and a fly mask for $74!!!!!!! Successful day! Hope it all shows up and fits!
    Impossible is nothing.

Thank you so much for posting! I got everything that I needed for the 'new kid' and some good stuff for Herself for a huge steal! Can't wait for everything to come in now! Squee!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

How are the english bridles, quality wise?

I bought a bunch of stuff during the last round of Libertyville Liquidation and when they arrived the bridles (all western, a variety of their in-house brands) all went in the trash. Pot-metal hardware with sharp edges, cardboard leather, poor stitching. One of the "silver" western bits came badly damaged, one had the shanks bent together, like it got squished in transport and the copper roller broke off the 3rd the second time it was used.

I could use a nice pony bridle but I'm leery of any of the Libertyville stuff now...

Thanks for posting! I got an Otto Schumacher bridle, two pelhams, two sets of bell boots, and two crops for $75!

gaitedincali, of the Libertyville brands I would only purchase a "Gold Medal" or "International." I had an "equi-bette" once and while it was OK for schooling, not super-nice. The "Gold Medal" one I had was schooling quality but better than cardboard. I have not had an "international" but they are at a higher price point so maybe OK. The Schumacher ones are not a Libertyville brand and some of those deals are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by fordtraktor View Post
    Thanks for posting! I got an Otto Schumacher bridle, two pelhams, two sets of bell boots, and two crops for $75!
    The bridle alone should have been several hundred. The Schumachers are GREAT like, once in a lifetime deals, but I think they're all horse-sized and I have a bunch of cobs. They're almost worth picking up "just to have" or to resell.

Great-I'm supposed to be selling stuff I don't use and now this is posted......................
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks (I think, LOL) for posting! I got a great breastcollar for $25 for when my current beloved $35-one dies. Although current one may never give up, it's a Tory and at 6 years old, still cleans up new!

I got a long sleeve white show shirt for $7. How can you beat that???
    I also got free halters and free shipping!

FREEFANSHIP250 for free shipping
    15FANSOFF150 for $15 off $150

I got a new bridle and plaited reins that I'd had my eye on for ages!
    Disclaimer: My mom told me that people might look at my name and think I had an addiction other than horses. I don't; his name was Bravado.

I really, REALLY want to get a pair of burgundy shipping boots but I can't justify having two sets when I have only one horse. Although, I did just have to repair my set that have been used a grand total of 4 times. Decisions, decisions...

do they ship to Canada or are we going to be overcharged by the border accountants and shippers AGAIN?

I got a Collegiate Leadline Saddle, Happy Mouth Pelham, Pony D Snaffle, 3 salt block holders, and a free halter for $118 shipped!! Sooooo excited! Been looking for a deal on a leather leadline saddle for 2 years now for my niece's first show season. Got an email this afternoon saying it is packed and ready to ship tomorrow! I have also in past sales gotten $10 1200d turnout and a $25 Vespucci bridle from them. Their sales are definitely worth keeping an eye on!

I could only come up with $30 worth that I "needed". Can't trust clothing without trying it on or I'd have gone a bit wild. Worth looking at if you have ponies-lots of pony sized things.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

I think I scored one of the last non-rolled Schumacher bridles for my new lease guy. I wish I'd clicked the "stable equipment" link; I'd also have ended up with a new set of shipping boots. But with shipping the bridle was still under $60, so I'm happy.
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

What type of Schumacher bridles were there? So flat and rolled? Any black ones? Man, I need a black one but they only have brown left

no Schumacher bridles listed now...

how does one buy 'adult western chaps'? absolutely no measurements...can't tell if they are men's or women's!! arrggg! not that I need them!

MAn! I saw this on dressage. You BAD people. I found $130 of stuff I just can't live without at this price.

KMSS Mullen Mouth 5" Cheek Dressage Curb Bit $7.59
    77-102222 Jeremy & Lord Hinged Dropped Noseband - $2.99
    77-102094 Equi-Bette Formal Dressage Weymouth Bridle -$41.99 (from $250!)
    77-106791 Cotton Gripper Riding Gloves with Pebble Palm $1.19
    77-101549 Equi-Bette Leather and Elastic Comfort Dressage Girth - $25.99 (from $110!)
    77-106971 Hubbard Snap - Nickel Plated - 3/4" Eye -$0.39
    77-104570 Equi-Web Adjustable Hook & Loop Closure Halter - $1.39
    77-100234 Wonder-Coat Shoulder Conditioner $7.99
    77-103798 Molded Handle Hoof Knife - $1.39
    77-103872 Tack-Rax Tack Basket For Tack Rack System -$6.99
    77-103487 Wrap Saver Rack $6.99

Sigh, Plus a few more things.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouch View Post
    I think I scored one of the last non-rolled Schumacher bridles for my new lease guy. I wish I'd clicked the "stable equipment" link; I'd also have ended up with a new set of shipping boots. But with shipping the bridle was still under $60, so I'm happy.
    Which bridle did you get? I bought one to. It said rolled in the title but the description said the picture was just a stock picture and the actual bridle had a patent leather noseband with padding. Brown, which is fine with me as my chestnut mare can wear brown fine. But I don't think I've ever seen patent leather in brown. ??? So who knows what will show up. It's for a mare who just needs a bridle for home.

Description from horseloverz.com: Otto Schumacher German Rolled Leather Snaffle Bridle - Brown
    Rolled snaffle bridle in brown with sand padding and patent wide noseband.
    Stock photo used, actual bridle has a white padded dressage noseband

It may look like this: http://www.classicdressage.com/catal...Item='Otto Schumacher Rolled Brown Patent Snaffle'
    Last edited by back in the saddle; Mar. 27, 2013 at 07:18 AM.