The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Schneiders Duratech sheet- waterproofing issues? Update 4/12 - getting ticked!

So, I turned my ponies out yesterday in a light but steady snowfall. When I came home and brought them in, my one pony was completely wet underneath her sheet. Not just that seepage kind, near the withers, but full-on wet everywhere. She wears a Schneiders Duratech sheet that I've only owned for a few months and she's only worn maybe 4 times.

I know I remember seeing on their site that they were selling some blankets at a discount because they discovered the waterproofing didn't work, and im wondering if the same didn't happen to mine.
    This is the one I have
    http://www.sstack.com/horse-blankets...nior-turnouts/
    Last edited by spacytracy; Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Go to Walmart and get a can of Campdry silicon waterproofing spray. Lay your blanket flat on the ground and use the Whole Can..get the fabric really wet. Let dry.
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Call them asap and tell them what happened and ask them to replace the sheet. I have had very good experiences with them. I outfit all of our horses in them and the one time I had a bad experience with a turnout I was on the phone and I had a replacement on it's way the next day.

Thanks. I just chatted with someone online and he gave me the email of the blanket warranty person. I have a different turnout sheet for another pony, purchased at the same time, and he came in dry, so I wonder if this was part of a bad batch.

If I don't get anywhere, I will certainly try the camp-dry, but at this point, I don't think a turnout sheet should lose its waterproofing after a handful of uses.

I have never had trouble with them, this is the third or fourth sheet/blanket I've ordered from them.

I know a lot of the Schnieder sheets are not for turnout. I have a few. Maybe they mixed up the material if yours was supposed to be for turnout.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I had the same problem with the exact same sheet but my issue was from last year. I called and they replaced it and the replacement had the same problem. I called and told them to just refund me for it.
    I'm convinced it was a bad batch but I'm surprised it rolled over into this year. I love their HORSE blankes and have never had a problem with them but I won't buy one of their pony blankets again.

Just wanted to update! They've been really cooperative, and are going to send me a new sheet! She suggested a different style, so I picked something out and told her what I wanted!

Thumbs up for a company that does it right!

Slightly annoying update: So the last communication was me sending my new sheet order to Stephanie. That was my last response from her. A few days later I emailed her to ask if she could send me a tracking. No response. Last Saturday, the sheet came. However, its HUGE. There is a big difference in fit between the styles, I have figured. So I emailed her on Sunday to ask how I should go about returning the replacement. No response. Yesterday I forwarded the same email to her again, making sure she received the first email. No response. This morning I'm on chat, the guy "Austin" leaves me hanging for like 5 minutes on chat after I asked to find out who else I can speak to, and responds with her hours and her phone number. No, I want someone else.

So, I have a replacement blanket that's way too big (its not even like "ok, its a little roomy" its so big its hanging to her front knees), getting the runaround on chat, and no response to my emails to the person supposedly in charge of blanket issues.