Question Horse management software

Looking for software for my farm. I've been using just a spreadsheet I made up myself, but am thinking of taking the plunge and actually getting the real thing. Discuss what you use, what you love, what you hate, etc. Thanks!
    IF YOU THINK YOUR BRAIN IS NOT WORTH PROTECTING WITH A HELMET, YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT!

Damrock Farm

No one?
    IF YOU THINK YOUR BRAIN IS NOT WORTH PROTECTING WITH A HELMET, YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT!

Damrock Farm

You may need to be a bit more specific of what you do at the farm. Are you breeding, boarding or what?

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

What is it you're wanting to track, and how many horses?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I have a small boarding farm. I have 6 permanent residents and varying numbers of mares who come in to foal out every year. This year I have seven coming, last year I had 13, but the one guy decided to try it at home this year. (we'll see how that goes, he hasn't had any deliver yet, lol) They arrive anywhere from a few weeks to a month or more before foaling, foal out, stay for a couple weeks afterwards, then go back home. I also have horses who come in from the local track (Saratoga Springs, NY) for R&R, especially from Dec-Feb. No lessons or training, save for ground work for the babies.

Basically, I'm looking for an easier way to keep track of everything. I've heard that there are programs built specifically for horse farms and I just thought maybe some on here had used them and had opinions on if they are worth it.
    My website link is in my posts right under my signature if you want to get a better idea of what exactly it is that I do.

Damrock Farm

Maybe check out Bloodhorse's advertisement section.

Many TB farms in KY use software specifically designed for their businesses.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Quote Originally Posted by Damrock Farm View Post
    Looking for software for my farm. I've been using just a spreadsheet I made up myself, but am thinking of taking the plunge and actually getting the real thing. Discuss what you use, what you love, what you hate, etc. Thanks!
    no matter how hard I tired to teach them their hoofs werre too large for the key board

Hi,
    You should check out Stable Secretary - www.stablesecretary.com. It is geared towards performance horses, but tracks all the usual health events and general information as well. It may be more powerful than you need, but it's worth taking a look.