The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Did you guys order oakbark or brown? I've always had edgewood that starts oakbark and I oil to brown, but don't want anything that won't darken!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelodian View Post
    Did you guys order oakbark or brown? I've always had edgewood that starts oakbark and I oil to brown, but don't want anything that won't darken!
    I would order brown in that case, IME the oakbark stays pretty red-ish. I have a newmarket one I got for like $60 as a schooling bridle and that sucker won't darken for love or money. The brown is a very nice dark chocolate.

I actually ordered Oakbark... I guess my thinking was every light bridle I have owned "always" darkens anyway. I sure hope this is the same because I like when they darken.. But I like when they darken with oil to me, they look so much more rich in color probably because of the oil to darken them.

I ordered the brown boots because those are more difficult to darken than a bridle for me for some reason.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

I ordered brown because my guy is a dark bay and I like the darker color on him.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

Quote Originally Posted by SSQUAREDAWAY View Post
    Hey I noticed on the outlet section it states "ALL SALES FINAL", but for all the other products they will honor the 30 day return policy.
    I wonder if this is new? I ordered from the outlet a month or so ago and returned a couple of things from it, no problem. Maybe I just got lucky?

Gaaaaah! They have my horse's bridle size!! For $133!!! And my bridle is falling apart..and I don't haaaave $133

I knew I should have gone to bed 10 mins ago...and NOT opened this thread!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

2 members found this post helpful.

Join PayPal and do Bill Me Later - you have 6 months to pay it off with NO INTEREST. Schedule your 6 payments the moment the charge hits your account. Then you don't have to worry about forgetting. This will be around $25 per month once you add in shipping (which was $10 for my order.)
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

1 members found this post helpful.

I got my sport boots in about 28 hours after I ordered them! Great service!

They are just fine. Now I have my eye on a couple other things. Definitely a good website to know.

Thanks for the responses re:color. Does anyone know how wide the nosebands are with padding?

Thanks for the responses re:color. Does anyone know how wide the nosebands are with padding?
    http://www.justbridles.com/index.php...&id=6&parent=1
    I have always found JustBridles to be a fantastic resource for sizing information across brands, Rebecca takes nearly every possible measurement and she is fantastic about making a Franken-bridle to fit perfectly

I received my bridle and halter yesterday. The halter was an absolute steal for $54. And the overzie fits my big-headed 17hh warmblood perfectly!

The bridle is very nice for $133 but I might have been disappointed if I had paid full price ($380) for it. It is the square raised and I think it is going to look very nice on my hunter mare that has a refined head (even though she is 3/4 warmblood.)

Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    I got my sport boots in about 28 hours after I ordered them! Great service!
    So happy this website and info about the sale was posted! I ordered a few halters and they came less than 48 hours later and they are lovely!

Equine Studies: I PMed you.

bump, since this is the last day of the sale...

Oh to be on the East Coast and close enough to have my stuff all ready! Mine isn't supposed to be here till Tuesday! I'm still eyeing the Amerigo boots

I know the sale is over but thought I would report on my bridle delivery. I ordered the oak bark color and how it is a very nice brown color the padding is kind of an orangey-pink that doesn't look like it will change color because of the leather is it made of. More of a plastic feel.

I do like the bridle and think it will be perfect for schooling. I also love that it is padded at the crown, nose band and brow band. That is just what I was looking for.

And a little surprised to find a tag on it that said "made in India".

EDITED to say -
    I stand corrected!

I wiped the brow band down with a bit of Olive Oil and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Photos -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I was also a bit shocked to see the "made in India" tag. Would have ticked me off royally if I would have paid $380 for the bridle. At $133, I kind of shrugged.

I ordered the brown and think it is going to look very nice on my mare. She is a darkish chestnut with a refined head. So, the wide, padded bridles tend to overwhelm her head. I think this square raised bridle will be just the right amount of padding.

I sucked it up and ordered a matching martingale from Equus Now. They had the best price AND I got a surprise 15% off when I checked out. Martingale was less than $150.

So, I ended up with a new show bridle and martingale for less than $290 total AND a very beautiful halter that was $55. (The halter is super nice - nicer than the bridle.) Really not a bad deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesstable View Post
    I wiped the brow band down with a bit of Olive Oil and it looks absolutely beautiful.
    So that is the same browband before and after applying olive oil? Wow. Had no idea it would darken so instantaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by inca View Post
    So that is the same browband before and after applying olive oil? Wow. Had no idea it would darken so instantaneously.

Yeah just put a little on a towel and wiped it down. Really pretty. I think I will use it for the show now. I think with the padding and this is the square raised that it is a perfect size - thickness wise for an average sized horse.

I am very pleased with it other than the tag that said made in India... LOL I have this phobia because a leather worker in my area years ago would say the India made bridles were cheap. But I never found that to be the issue because I had India made headstalls that lasted forever....

For those of us that missed this last week I just thought I'd add that the code is still working today